DVDVR Message Board

Sorry for your loss, Natural. Its tough losing a parent, no matter your age. It has been six years since i lost both parents, and it still effects me from time to time. Hold on to your remaining family because they will be there for you when no one else is.

• Like 1

Holy crap, Paul. I am really sorry, man.  I am on the wrong side of the pond, but if there is anything I can do, let me know.  You are a good bro.  It genuinely pains my heart to hear about your mom passing away.

And hang tough, B.  You are my homegirl so I know you will be alright.  I have a stubborn diabetic mom as well so one day I will probably have to endure what you are going through and I'll need you to pray for me like I am going to pray for you.

• Like 2

My condolences, Natural. I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said here, but you know we all think you're a righteous dude and we're pulling for you.

My wife is still reeling from her father's death, and I know this isn't really something one "recovers" from, but if you hold on to the good memories and have sympathetic ears to listen to you vent when you need to, the whole process gets a little more bearable. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Natural, I don't really have the words to express my condolences.  You're a legit good dude and I feel terrible for you right now.  We're all here for you, bro.

Death sucks. 

Sorry for your loss Paul.

My uncle died of an overdose two days ago. Drugs suck as well.

He was only 5 years older than me. We was kinda close when I was younger. He was the one that got me into wrestling. He'd paint our faces up like the Road Warriors and we'd double team my other cousins. He was also a great great guitar player but he let that talent go to waste. He loved the Dead and would go to tons of shows in the early nineties. 

This is for him. May you find peace. Terry Campbell.......

So sorry to hear about Nat's mom and Jay's uncle.  My condolences to you both.  If you need to vent, please let me or someone around here know.

Matt--don't feel bad about whatever drama has entered your life.  If you need to express something, feel free.  That's the point of the thread and while things have been heavy around here lately, it shouldn't take away from you being able to talke freely.

I'm going to collect my thought and head into the good news thread in a few minutes.  What a fucking rollercoaster the past 60 hours have been.

My condolences to you Natural.  Sending positive vibes your way brother.

Burgundy, I'm sending you positive vibes as well.  I lost my mom when I was 19 due to complications from diabetes, so I somewhat understand how you're feeling.

Fuck death and disease.  Seriously.  Fuck 'em.

I feel like a shithead for not mentioning it, but BLR, keep your head up.  Diabetes is a real motherfucker (my nephew has type 1).  I'll be keeping your mother in mind and hoping she makes it through with as little surgery as possible.

Very sorry for your loss Natural, and to everyone else dealing with similar family issues. I'm sure 99% of the people around here can relate and wish you all the best and just know that better days will come, even if it is hard to believe that right now.

Natural I'm very sorry for your loss. Although it's easy to be a downer or a snarky bastard on a board like this, you are always a source of friendliness and positivity. On more than one occasion your kind words have put a smile on my face after a bad day. Your Mom raised you right and I'm sure she was very proud of you. Hang in there pal.

Fuck... 

...fuck the world.  

I don't know why I keep trying.  With ANYTHING.  At this point I have no idea what I'm even trying for.  In terms of motivations, goals, things I should avoid, realistic expectations, everything.  Whatever I touch seems to instantly rot and die, reeking of failure and heartbreak and outright humiliation.  I honestly don't even remember the last time I was happy, beyond pointless little "oh yeah, I forgot for an hour there just how much I hate life" sort of temporary escapes.  And aside from totally meaningless little things, I DAMN sure don't remember the last time I was successful at practically anything.  I wish I could... nah, better not say that, it just upsets people.  But whoa jesus, I look forward in my life and see nothing worth looking forward to.  

EDIT: and oh yeah, please don't respond with any variation on "jeez, that's tough, I feel bad for you, just hang in there and Things Will Get Better".  Because there's no credible evidence that things are likely to get better, and simple mathematics and history tell us all that things DON'T have to get better.  Sometimes it just gets endlessly worse.  And any sort of "keep your chin up, brother, things will improve!" response just sounds like overly simplistic, preachy-yet-insincere bullshit to me.  

Damn, Jay.  Came back here to catch up and saw you suffered a loss in your family too, man.  You, B, and Paul will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

And you will get it together, Jingus.  We all go through bad seasons.  Mine isn't ideal right now but it could always be worse.  Hang in there and take stock of the positive things like I do even if they take a lot of effort to find or are very small.

Thinking about my daughter is my happy place.  You need to find one too even if you place is somewhere that only you appreciate.

Jingus:  Know how you feel, far too well.  Sometimes the best thing to do IS to keep yourself busy enough that you don't dwell on those negative feelings.  Still figuring it out myself so I don't know if I can be of much more help than that.