DVDVR Message Board

Near as I can tell, the "affluent and white" thing is a weird holdover from the Evra "negrito" racial abuse case, (tl;dr: Suarez racially abused a black player) where Liverpudlians (a large portion of whom seemed to suddenly be sociology experts vis-a-vis poor Uruguayan communities) assured us that negro/negrito wasn't a racial slur in the environment Suarez grew up in.

What that has to do with the biting thing, I'm still not clear, but it's likely he was just being a prick troll.

Goddamit Rippa, why couldn't you be more clever and tied FSW's ban into Suarez's ban? Have FSW sweat it out until the end of the week when FIFA make their decision, and then ban FSW for the same amount of time Suarez gets. It would've been funny, and would've given the poor guy some hope.

It's not really his fault. Sure, he's had previous, but like Burgundy said, he's been on good behaviour all season. It's just when the opportunity presented itself, he had to bite.

If the way he's been has been his "good behaviour", then he's really no loss.

I'm a little aggrieved that nobody picked up on my allusions to Suarez.

Your post was clearly photoshopped. You and your Photoshop evidence is just a witchhunt to sell likes to your skinny Indy Feds.  Fat Spanish Waiter performed well in the World Cup Thread yesterday and he will perform again on Twitter this Saturday.  He is an integral member of the team.  It is a shameful day for the DVDVR media who have been out to get him to please their audience and merely to drive sales of southeast Asian single women to pale sedentary American men.

• Like 1

About a week ago, my mother mentions that she cut herself underneath her right toe.  She said it hurt pretty bad, and I had been helping to clean/bandage the wound, thinking it was just the location of said cut that was making it look so bad.  She had been keeping off her feet for most of the past week, but seemed to reaggravate things when standing on it for too long yesterday.

My father came home early today and noticed that her injured foot looked awful, so they went to the doctor, who ran immediate blood tests.  She was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, which the doctor believes she's had for 2-6 months.  He had her admitted into the hospital to have an IV run with insulin, along with cleaning and examining her injured toe.  The toe is badly infected and may require surgery. They're not sure just yet--they're giving her strong antibiotics along with the insulin. They'll know more tomorrow. Thankfully, the infection doesn't appear to have gone further than that toe.   Not that possibly losing a toe is great, but better a toe than an entire foot. They have to be careful with her diabetes and see how the insulin/antibiotics work overnight.

She said that she was resting pretty well, though she seemed understandably tired when I last spoke with her.  She can be high-strung (if you're curious about how I came to be such a whirlwind of emotion, I came about it the honest way--through genetics), so it was good to hear that she's calmed down.  Daddy said she was pretty upset in the doctor's office and really didn't calm down until she realized she would be in the hosptial at least overnight.  I'm guessing she tired herself out mentally.

While being in the hospital is rarely a good thing, it's a blessing in disguise here.  We didn't know she had diabetes. Not for cutting her foot and Daddy coming home early today with his own bum knee, things could have been much worse.  I suspect she didn't cut her toe on a rock, but rather when she was giving herself a foot soak and decided to scrap away a callus with a sharp instrument.  Which I've told her to stop doing for years!  But it's something she's done since I was a child, so yelling at her wasn't going to really stop her. I suppose she was a little worried I'd fuss at her about it. 

I feel bad because I had been helping her clean and bandage her toe for a few days.  I saw the infection, and we had been going back and forth about her going to the doctor.  I only thought she was making it worse by wearing socks that got stuck to the wound. She didn't feel like driving, but I didn't want to take time off work.  I thought it was just the nature of the cut being under the toe and the back-forth conservation reached a point to where I didn't realize it was so serious.  Diabetes hadn't run across my mind, though it should have.  Three of her siblings have/had it, and the only one who didn't died early of other issues.  So it clearly runs in the family, her father's side because Granny didn't have it.  For whatever reason, I just didn't see that things had taken a bad turn. :( 

We'll know more tomorrow.  Ultimately, I think this will be a positive for us.  Obviously, I hope Mom keeps all her toes.  But even if she loses one, at least she can move forward with getting healthier.  She had started losing weight and cutting back on the sweets, anyway.  It's good-bye to her beloved regular Coca-Colas, though.  Her sister has slimmed down a lot and keeps her blood sugar under control.  So Mom knows first-hand it can be done.

This is the first time one of my parents has stayed overnight in the hospital in my lifetime.  It's pretty scary.

So fuck infected toes, fuck diabetes, fuck hospital stays, shame on mothers who don't go to the doctor enough, and to hell with dumb and inconsiderate offspring. :( :( :(

I read the FSW comments in the world cup thread and he's done way worse than that. Permaban seems kind of harsh.

The evil that men do lives after them;

The good is oft interrèd with their bones.

So let it be with Waiter. The noble Rippa

Hath told you Waiter was annoying.

If it were so, it was a grievous fault,

And grievously hath Waiter answered it.

Here, under leave of Rippa and the rest—

For Rippa is an honorable man;

He hath driven Gonzales captive from here

Did this Waiter seem insufferable?

When that Mark Henry hath billed air, Waiter hath paid.

Yet Rippa says he was insufferable,

And Rippa is an honorable man.

You all did see that in March Madness

He thrice trolled Punk,

Was this irredeemable?

Yet Rippa says he was so,

You all did love him once, not without cause.

What cause withholds you then to mourn for him?

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,

And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.

My heart is in the Torres Gif there with Waiter,

And I must pause till it come back to me. (weeps)

• Like 3

I read the FSW comments in the world cup thread and he's done way worse than that. Permaban seems kind of harsh.

Kinda the point. It's not that this was the worst he's ever been, it's that it's the same shit he's been asked repeatedly temp-banned for, and when called on it, made it clear that he felt entitled to do it because his dislike of another poster.

The Suarez comparison is an ironically apt one. Previous punishment clearly hasn't deterred him. Whether he justifies it in his own mind by deciding that he's somehow in the right, or simply can't control himself, you have to acknowledge that what's been done isn't changing anything, and decide whether you want to end things and be done with it, or hand out another temporary punishment, accepting the certainty that at some point down the road, he's gonna sink his teeth into someone.

Burgundy, I've been a T1 for 21 years. I found out while I was in the Army. While it ended my career, just like your mom, there was a silver lining from this.

Something was telling me to join the military and at the time I didn't know the reason. Thankfully I listened because if it wasn't for the VA, I wouldn't know how I would be able to finance my needs. I have been on the pump for a year now, and it has been the best thing going for me.

• Like 1

I would like to believe I have earned at least a little bit of respect around here that would warrant following a simple request I make.

I was wrong.

Now please move along or I am going to have to do more adminning that I would rather not spend the time doing

• Like 2

Foster kid has court today and I am petrified that her kid is going to get taken away because she was dumb enough to get a tattoo (illegally because she's underage) and got suspended from school twice in the last two weeks of the year for leaving campus.  Its sad when you think the best possible scenario is the mom to go to juvenile detention and for the baby to stay with us in the interim.  Hope those trips to Cici's pizza were worth it.

Thanks for the good wishes.  Just left the hospital, and Mom's blood sugar has dropped 80-90 points since yesterday.  They're lowering her insulin dosage each time, so that's a positive sign.  Her ankle down to her entire foot had swollen, and much of that has also gone down.  Her toe is still a mess, though it's starting to ooze from all the IV fluids they're giving her.  They haven't given her any antibiotics yet, but Daddy will check on that.  Guess they're seeing how much of the infection will come out on its own.  She'll be in the hospital another night for sure.

I realize I'm not the most popular person around DVDVR, so thank you for letting me vent a little.  I really don't have many places I can or would want to go with this sort of information.

ETA:  Just called her. They still haven't put her on antibioitics!  Lazy doctors aren't doing their job.  We'll have to put foot in it, I guess. Which would be funny, except for right now. :unsure:

• Like 2

Wow. Fsw gone, crazy, thought everyone knew to ignore. This girl I work with who's only 19 had her dad drop dead with her there, no known health problems. I feel terrible for her. Makes my money problems (don't make enough to save much) seem small. As I write this Germany just scored. Goddammit.

Type 2 diabetes, once you know you have it, isn't that bad to deal with. Your mom will have to start paying a lot more attention to the ingredient labels while grocery shopping, but it's better than having to pump yourself full of insulin. Luckily for Mrs. LaRue, Coke Zero tastes pretty damn good, and no sugar either. :)

Now that I'm in my mid-30s, that's something I'll need to think about myself.  I'm aware that my sugar tolerance is lower than it used to be and I have to avoid soda more actively.  Don't know all of my family's history with diabetes, but I know one of my great-grandmothers had it.  Already on blood pressure medication, so I know I'm hitting the point where I need to pay more attention to my physical well-being...

Not sure how I should feel. Barring any changes, my wife and I had our one meeting with the attorney. Everything has been super amicable and has gone well. I'm completely in love with my new girlfriend.

So why the fuck has today been so hard? All I can do is keep looking back at the last 7 years and think it was all a lie and aside from my daughter, I wish it could have all gone differently.

I guess I can only use the lessons I learned during that failed marriage in my new relationship. Still sucks. I think I'm going to go cry for awhile.

Well....GODDAMMIT...I was right.

I went to the doctor this morning after the 5th shitty night of nearly no sleep due to head/chest congestion and an awful sore throat. 90 buck later he says....(drum roll please)

<RUMBLE RUMBLE RUMBLE> (Kettle drums, you see)

"You have a viral infection. Can't really give you anything for it. Should clear up in another few days."

Fuck...

• Like 1