DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

9 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I guess I sort of get that but my point is, what’s the law in Florida?  Where I live (MD), you can’t just drive around with a loaded gun in reach.  I remember when we’d go to the range here that the law was not only did your gun need to be in a case in the trunk, it STILL couldn’t be loaded.  Your ammo needed to be in a separate container.

Edit: I looked it up.  Even in crazy-ass Florida, where a loaded gun can be in the “cabin” of a car, it still needs to be secured and not readily accessible by the driver.

In case you were wondering how that law is enforced this dude got all the charges against him dropped because he claimed someone had shot at his car despite the lack of any evidence.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

In case you were wondering how that law is enforced this dude got all the charges against him dropped because he claimed someone had shot at his car despite the lack of any evidence.

I was just about to use that incident as an example. It's nuts down here

19 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Fear The Revolver.

:(.

This was his way of working Arn Anderson into managing FTR. All he had to do was pitch the idea to Mid-South Tony, and he be in their corner next Collision 

• Like 2

Kind of crazy that Florida is a state where it’s permitless open carry but you still have to have it concealed in your vehicle. We’re gonna take away the need for a gun permit but by god you better have it stored safely and away from you in your car!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I guess I sort of get that but my point is, what’s the law in Florida?  Where I live (MD), you can’t just drive around with a loaded gun in reach.  I remember when we’d go to the range here that the law was not only did your gun need to be in a case in the trunk, it STILL couldn’t be loaded.  Your ammo needed to be in a separate container.

Edit: I looked it up.  Even in crazy-ass Florida, where a loaded gun can be in the “cabin” of a car, it still needs to be secured and not readily accessible by the driver.

But it doesn't require a permit 😉 

https://www.polksheriff.org/news-investigations/2023/06/30/florida-s-new-permitless-concealed-weapon-carry-law-begins-july-1

Florida is f'n weird.

• Sad 1

Right, sadly not only the Southern states. Here in Wisconsin, you can walk around with a legally obtained murder weapon out in the open without question, but if you want to conceal that you'd need a permit. And you can legally have a loaded firearm in your vehicle at all times, but of course if a cop sees this they can act accordingly. 

• Sad 2

Meltzer:

There is still no update regarding the status of the FTR vs. Young Bucks match at All In. Daniel Wheeler is legally allowed to go to England. Tony Khan hasn't said anything regarding the arrest of Wheeler that broke earlier today although it actually was from a few weeks ago. There is no word on when Khan first round out but talent that we know found out the same time everyone else did. I would expect if there is a change that it would be addressed on Collision tomorrow night. The idea that I've seen brought up by fans, ironically, is the same idea I had, which is basically hold up the titles if the decision is made not to use Wheeler at this time, and have Dax team with Mark Briscoe and go for the vacated titles against the Young Bucks. Now Briscoe was injured so that also may not be possible. But at this moment Young Bucks vs. FTR is still the match on the schedule.

So I'm in a bit of a mood (the lack of matches announced for Collision was kind of the straw weirdly enough; I'm sure I'll be positive again tomorrow when I actually watch Rampage).

But come on, Dave (who will never see this, but whatever).

1. Mark Briscoe is injured and as far as I know will be out for the rest of the year.
  2. Mark Briscoe has said publicly in interviews that he never, ever wants to wrestle another straight tag match again. Period.
  3. Mark Briscoe's brother died less than a year ago in a car crash. Maybe, just maybe, don't suggest him subbing in due to a road rage situation.

Irony indeed.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Given that FTR are booked for Collision and the go-home Dynamite with an in-ring segment with the Bucks, I’m pretty sure they aren’t pivoting to something else. That match is 100% happening.

• Like 2

Somebody should just send my post above to Dave. 

THEY'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS SINCE IT HAPPENED, SO THEY'RE PROMOTING THE MATCH, WHICH MEANS THEY'RE HAVING THE MATCH. The Internet going "rabble rabble rabble" like a South Park lynch mob is not going to change this. 

• Like 3

Ok, I have a lot of catching up to do:

D1-D68686-BB2-F-450-E-82-E9-2-B7-F8-E79-

Alright, today’s Top Ten: Cash Wheeler zingers

Spoiler

10. Just fists, not clips

9. Cash Concealer (and carry)

8. FTR stands for Florida Turnpike Rage

7. Sounds like Cash is All Out *reads more* sounds like Cash is All In (?)

6. Live at Wembley, The Young Bucks vs Wiley Wheeler and the Surprisingly Calmer Dax

5. Cash couldn’t hit that Shooting Star Press but he was pretty confident he could hit that Drive by shooting

4. No really, Dax is the more chill one

3. Dax may want to be like Bret, but right not he’s the Shawn to Cash’s Jannetty 

2. That wasn’t very Wheeler Mercedes of him.

1. Worse case scenario, strap a bunch of twenty dollar bills to Yuta and no one could tell the deference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I know he's famous and fans are weird and I know Murica has the right to arms and all that, but still crazy to me that a tough sonuvabitch and brick shithouse would feel the need to carry a semi-auto around with him. Definite disconnect between us over the pond. I've only seen a gun in 3 places, at airports, Buckingham Palace, and at the shooting range. Can't imagine people just carrying them around anywhere.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Leonidas said:

I know he's famous and fans are weird and I know Murica has the right to arms and all that, but still crazy to me that a tough sonuvabitch and brick shithouse would feel the need to carry a semi-auto around with him. Definite disconnect between us over the pond. I've only seen a gun in 3 places, at airports, Buckingham Palace, and at the shooting range. Can't imagine people just carrying them around anywhere.

Yeah, gun culture in this country is weird, there are a lot of factors that contribute to it, and it all adds up to certain people thinking they need guns while the odds of having a gun and using it to successfully to stop a real crime or defend yourself are minuscule compared to all the other dumb, tragic things that can happen.  IE if you have a gun in your home, you’re far more likely to have a gun-related family tragedy than you are to experience a home invasion and successfully stop it with your gun.  America is fucked up.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leonidas said:

38 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Yeah, gun culture in this country is weird, there are a lot of factors that contribute to it, and it all adds up to certain people thinking they need guns while the odds of having a gun and using it to successfully to stop a real crime or defend yourself are minuscule compared to all the other dumb, tragic things that can happen.  IE if you have a gun in your home, you’re far more likely to have a gun-related family tragedy than you are to experience a home invasion and successfully stop it with your gun.  America is fucked up.

Despair watching overseas at the frequent mass shootings in the United States of America and how nothing ever changes. Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Uvalde. We had Dunblane school in 1996 and we've never had another. Very rare to have mass shootings here.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

Obviously I’m not a Florida lawyer but from what I’ve been able to gather without reading any pleadings, we have this one bitch complaining about some car driving around passing people. Pulls up along side said reckless driver and says dude stares at him and pointed a gun. And then there’s no stop, Cash isn’t interviewed. No video of altercation, and police don’t have the gun. 

Anger management and dismiss, if the state can get that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1