DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

20 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

People whining about conflicting reporting in wrestling media is the lowest form of discourse. Is this the only area where you’re exposed to conflicting reports or untruths? Are there people just not reading news regarding other subjects? Take in what you can and be discerning with all news. This isn’t baby’s first news cycle for anyone here, come on.

Are you on drugs?  you're comparing wrestling media to what.... CNN?  A media outlet that has legitimate sources and maybe gets one story wrong a year or Adrian Woj who probably never gets a story wrong when it comes to the NBA?  Like what exactly are we comparing here?   

These aren't real journalists. They get stories wrong every week.  

• Like 1

I think many of you are overthinking this. Jack Perry, as annoying as he seems to be, as far as anyone is aware hasn't gotten into backstage altercations with much of anyone his entire career. CM Punk seems to be getting into "heated discussions", backstage fights and what have you fairly frequently, like if someone wants to name who in the business is currently doing so more than him they are free to but I can't name anyone off the top of my head. Like approaching half a dozen people haven't been allowed into the building while he works there in the past couple months alone, I assume it was being done so for a reason.

I get there is multiple sources with competing stories but like really... if you remove the names from those two descriptions we'd all probably go with the latter being the one most likely to have escalated things to a needless physical degree. I think Perry is mediocre as hell and comes off like a jerk and Punk was in a bunch of matches I thought were swell but we don't really need dozens of reports and different sources and such to divine who is the troublemaker and the problem, the whole "he said/he said" I just don't know which side to believe only really works when both options are similarly likely. In this situation they aren't.

• Like 4

This is a man who cut Hornswoggle out of his life for asking him for a phone number.  It's really easy to know who the common denominator in all these stories is and it's not Vince McMahon, Triple H, Roman Reigns, Ryback, Colt Cabana, Hornswoggle, the rest of the Brooks family, Kenny Omega, a fan who called him "Phil" while asking for an autograph, Colt's lawyer, Tony Khan, Adam Page, The Young Bucks, Christopher Daniels, Regular Tax-Paying Man Jack Perry, Dr. Amann, or the 87 Broncos.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

This is a man who cut Hornswoggle out of his life for asking him for a phone number.  It's really easy to know who the common denominator in all these stories is and it's not Vince McMahon, Triple H, Roman Reigns, Ryback, Colt Cabana, Hornswoggle, the rest of the Brooks family, Kenny Omega, a fan who called him "Phil" while asking for an autograph, Colt's lawyer, Tony Khan, Adam Page, The Young Bucks, Christopher Daniels, Regular Tax-Paying Man Jack Perry, Dr. Amann, or the 87 Broncos.

Yeah, given the info available the only ones I have a problem with are Colt, Hornswoggle, and the fan. Let whoever hasn’t had issues with their boss, coworkers, or shitty family members cast the first stone but that ain’t me

30 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Yeah, given the info available the only ones I have a problem with are Colt, Hornswoggle, and the fan. Let whoever hasn’t had issues with their boss, coworkers, or shitty family members cast the first stone but that ain’t me

Now do the people he doesn't have a problem with. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

TMZ, do your thing 

We have had to put up with another week of CM Punk discourse we have earned the right to see that goddamn footage.  At least the part where the monitors fall on TK just so we can know if it was as funny as it is in my head.

• Haha 4

On 8/1/2023 at 12:01 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

F2PwSRrW4AAau8d?format=webp&name=900x900

I'll bet you a thousand shiny Lira that this picture becomes a little bit relevant as we go to All In/Out!

I'll go out on a limb and say I was right. 

• Like 3