DVDVR Message Board

AEW - April 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Fuuuuuuck. Fuck fuck fuck. So, I don't want to link the video because it was really hard to watch and left me in tears, but part of the reason Penelope Ford and Kip Sabian didn't do much last year was that Ford unexpectedly got pregnant, they were ultra thrilled, they went for a 9 or 10 or 11 week ultrasound, and on the way there she started bleeding. They didn't detect a heartbeat in the baby and what they thought was twins was a baby and a fibroid the size of a melon. 

I feel so fucking bad for them and anyone else who has to go through that.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 13

I imagine it’s in the ROH thread (I’m not reading because I don’t want spoilers) but Dante Martin having a catastrophic injury right when they seemed destined for their first title run really sucks for them. 

Edited by JLowe
Added Dante’s last name
  • Like 1

I've seen an alternate angle of the Dante bump that looks way worse than the one on the broadcast. It's not hard to find, so no link from me. But probably best avoided.

Then again, 30 years ago, an injury like that would be a career ending one. Nowadays, I've seen Footballers with leg breaks that looked that bad coming back in 12 months and not seeming to be missing a step.

• Like 2

Tom Scharpling, host of The Best Show and American comedy legend and personal hero of mine, has an awesome show lined up tomorrow:

"Tom has never been what you would call “a fan of wrestling”. He has been more of a “person who makes fun of wrestling at every opportunity”. But this week on The Best Show he talks to some of the biggest names in the biz to understand how to properly appreciate professional wrestling. And…. he even decides to begin his journey as a pro wrestler himself! Who does he talk to about this exciting new development? Oh, just COLT CABANA, ORANGE CASSIDY, WILLOW NIGHTINGALE and RJ CITY! So tune in and listen to Tom figure out his character and talk about the square circle with some true legends!

Tune in to TWITCH.TV/BESTSHOW4LIFE at 6PM PT / 9PM ET on Tuesday April 4th!"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Tom Scharpling, host of The Best Show and American comedy legend and personal hero of mine

Scharpling is the best.  The Low Times episode with DJ Pierson and Ted Leo when they did the worst lyrics bracket is my favorite episode of any podcast ever.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Wembley is probably getting Omega/Ospreay 2. Failing that, they're getting Okada/Omega V.  FailIng THAT? They're getting, like, Punk/Cena. Or LA Park/Mark Henry.

Sorry, Toronto is getting Okada/Omega 😉

23 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Wembley is probably getting Omega/Ospreay 2. Failing that, they're getting Okada/Omega V.  FailIng THAT? They're getting, like, Punk/Cena. Or LA Park/Mark Henry.

LA Park/Mark Henry? Sign me up for that! Get some Impact involvement and make it a three way, LA Park vs. Mark Henry vs. PCO. 

• Like 1