DVDVR Message Board

AEW - April 2023

Dolfan in NYC

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

But that's also because he didn't realize he was a heel when he thought he was still a babyface (in and out of character).

He did. He was just being ~meta~

D63-D57-F8-AA85-43-D4-A2-ED-73-BD7-BE930

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Should be a fun night of wrestling.

Rampage has

• Hook vs Page III: with more of the Firm/Hardy story. Page didn't get at on of stuff in last time but he did at the house show so we'll see.
  • Moriarty vs Darby: no reason this won't be good.
  • Anna vs Julia: Julia's been in squashes for the last six months so it'll be interesting to see what she does with an actual match.
  • Acclaimed/2.0 vs poor saps: antics, maybe another chance at a rap about Vince's mustache?

BOTB 6 has

• Lucha Bros vs QT/Hobbs: Weird match but I can't imagine them getting away with too much BS with Hobbs (but can with QT, but in an enjoyable way)
  • Jade vs Billie: Could be a real test for Jade if they book it so Billie gets significant hope. She might just get run over instead.
  • Cassidy vs Dralistico: Another one of those matches you never knew you wanted but now that they announced it, I'm all for it. And if it leads to Cassidy vs RUSH all the better.

Ethan Page is like The Foo Fighters to men nothing I can point to as being offensive but I can bring my self to care

Julia v Anna is interesting as Hob v has is heel v her although I think Julia will be the face

excited to check out Dralistico and Billie 

Got a bonus from work a while back and decided to splurge on the AEW crate, especially given the names they said would be included in the first box. Just got it today and I’m pleased with it.

Spoiler

It includes a crate-only Danhausen shirt, a crate-only Best Friends shirt, a Claudio micro-brawler, a Chris Jericho keychain, an FTR sticker set, a “Welcome to AEW”  Vegas marquee pin, a Bryan Danielson flag, a poster of Jon Moxley and Mr. Brodie Lee from Double or Nothing, and an autographed Ruby Soho 8x10

It’s definitely a great value, the two shirts alone would cost more than the cost of the quarterly crate. Couple of things I don’t want or need that I can trade or give away. 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Infinit said:

Tickets confirmed! I'm going to Dynamite in Pittsburgh on the 19th 😁

Where are your seats? Me and my buddy haven't bought our tickets yet because they keep coming down in price but we're thinking of doing floor since it's about the same as lower bowl. Last year I waited until the day before and got 5th row for less than face haha.

If you're planning on grabbing typical wrestling fan food beforehand I definitely recommend fuel & fuddle or stack'd. Stack'd has better burgers and is a bit cheaper (think 5 guys but way more options and less grease) but Fuel has a better beer list. Getting a table can be a gamble so I usually order takeout and eat at the Barco building benches across the street if the weather permits. I've spent a lot of time in the area so if you need help finding a place to park or something like that just Holla. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Hungle Boy said:

Where are your seats? Me and my buddy haven't bought our tickets yet because they keep coming down in price but we're thinking of doing floor since it's about the same as lower bowl. Last year I waited until the day before and got 5th row for less than face haha.

I'm sure you've sat at the floor level prior to know, but I wanted to mention after seeing your message, the Dynamite I saw here in Toronto made clear to me that I would never choose to buy floor seats over pretty much anywhere - moderately sized nosebleeds included. The sightlines on the floor are terrible, and I wasn't that far back. Ppl stand, you might get a Sign Guy Doofus, even seated sometimes you'll get some big dude that's really hard to see passed. We got two nights here with a separate Rampage, and on the second night I switched from a floor seat to lower level and was completely relieved of all my troubles. All that said, I'd still rather go than not, and regardless of the sightlines, the atmosphere here in Toronto was unreal and worth the troubles. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hungle Boy said:

If you're planning on grabbing typical wrestling fan food beforehand I definitely recommend fuel & fuddle or stack'd. Stack'd has better burgers and is a bit cheaper (think 5 guys but way more options and less grease) but Fuel has a better beer list. Getting a table can be a gamble so I usually order takeout and eat at the Barco building benches across the street if the weather permits. I've spent a lot of time in the area so if you need help finding a place to park or something like that just Holla. 

Thanks for the heads up! I'm actually going with my bro in law and nephews and it's their first show....hopefully TK gives us a banger! I think I'm in section 125? Or 124? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'm sure you've sat at the floor level prior to know, but I wanted to mention after seeing your message, the Dynamite I saw here in Toronto made clear to me that I would never choose to buy floor seats over pretty much anywhere - moderately sized nosebleeds included. The sightlines on the floor are terrible, and I wasn't that far back. Ppl stand, you might get a Sign Guy Doofus, even seated sometimes you'll get some big dude that's really hard to see passed. We got two nights here with a separate Rampage, and on the second night I switched from a floor seat to lower level and was completely relieved of all my troubles. All that said, I'd still rather go than not, and regardless of the sightlines, the atmosphere here in Toronto was unreal and worth the troubles. 

I’ve been tempted to get a floor seat for Austin since my wife isn’t going now  and those things have been my main reason why I’m hesitant. The counter is trying to be along the edge of a row by where Mox makes an entrance or where a brawl might pass by.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Floor seats tend to be the worst in the building if you aren’t in the first two rows. I’d rather have 3rd row lower level than 3rd row floor. Then you can see all the action. And it’s cheaper, amazingly. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm so excited at the prospect of what matches we could get at Forbidden Door this year, so I'm feeling extra blessed to be able to attend 😀 Maybe an Ospreay sighting, but their roster is so deep that I'm more than happy to shell out the coin for the small road trip across the border.

Very grateful they're running a PPV in Toronto of all places. Thank you Mr. TK!

• Like 5

Haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere, but Nick Wayne’s AEW contract has an official start date now apparently: July 12th on Dynamite. It’s two days after he turns 18 (same birthday as me!)

DEFY spoilers:

Spoiler

It’s for the DEFY title, which Nick beat Swerve for this weekend.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

Is it true that Dave Meltzer and more wrote and discussed about the new Saturday AEW show being two hours?  I can't find anything online about it.  If true, the news would mean AEW is getting renewed by WBD much to the chargin of AEW Anti's.

17 hours ago, Krone said:

I'm so excited at the prospect of what matches we could get at Forbidden Door this year, so I'm feeling extra blessed to be able to attend 😀 Maybe an Ospreay sighting, but their roster is so deep that I'm more than happy to shell out the coin for the small road trip across the border.

Very grateful they're running a PPV in Toronto of all places. Thank you Mr. TK!

You'll probably get Ospreay vs. Omega II i would think. They announced a tournament for the #1 contender to the U.S. title 

• Like 1

Can someone please give me some of whatever the hell Dax is smoking?

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/dax-harwood-cm-punk-ftr-vs-elite-at-wembley-could-launch-aew-to-the-next-level

Yes that match would be huge, but it’s better served in Chicago the following week to sell out the United Center (if the previous rumor of Khan booking that venue is true). I can’t see 50,000 UK fans being like “oh damn here’s a six man tag we need to buy tickets”. Run Punk vs Omega and FTR vs The Bucks to preview All Out, plus I think there would be more interest in the two separate matches for Wembley. 

The fact that guys like Dax are openly politicing for matches is probably a bad sign.

Cornette suggested that Jericho could weasel himself into a match with Punk in order to steal heat from the situation (or whatever heat is left 8 months later) and I could see that. Punk-Jericho in 2023 is not something I ever want to see.

• Thanks 1

Punk vs Jericho already had their epic feud. They had a promo battle in London and the fans chanted Fish and Chips.

• Haha 1

I don't particularly care if Punk returns one way or the other, but if it's more of a 'keep everyone apart' thing than an actual resolution of whatever conflict still exists, then Jericho probably won't be high on the list of guys Punk will be working with after declaring it 'MY locker room' on TV and wrestling Colt in Chicago

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
I think there was some Twitter stuff too
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You'll probably get Ospreay vs. Omega II i would think. They announced a tournament for the #1 contender to the U.S. title 

I would love that. Ospreay beats Omega in Canada (on Omega's turf) leading to their 3rd and deciding match at All In on Ospreay's turf. Unless Dax gets that aforementioned match of CMFTR/Elite.

• Like 1

Tomorrow WBD will officially announce the new streaming service, called simply Max. It will debut in a month or two. From the NYT article I read, the success of this service is critical to all of their plans, and what they sold shareholders on before the merger. So I could absolutely see them wanting to invest in AEW if they feel the back catalogue (and the ROH) catalogue holds a lot of potential value to the service. Possibly even live ppv as well could be very attractive to them. This seems like another really positive sign after all the bad ones. 

• Like 4