Jump to content

AEW - JUNE 2022


 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

I'm just full of bad ideas today...

I want Angelico to join the HOB but keep the dancing man gimmick so instead of black metal he enters to this

 

As a South American metalhead, thanks for this.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just thought about something this morning: there's a group of folks that don't want AEW to sign former WWE guys but at the very least they should be happy they haven't signed that multi time champion Vacant 😅

 

I'll see myself out now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The kind of thing they should've always been doing, pandemic-caused visa issues aside.

Can't wait for them to throw her on a Rampage for the title shot without any build or introduction.

Edited by Jiji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2022 at 2:24 AM, zendragon said:

May be an image of 7 people and people standing

Jade should add male rats to the gimmick

Marko Stunt got ripped.

in other news Dustin Rhodes “chupacabra enthusiast” might be my favorite new Twitter gimmick.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AEW is an enjoyable product. I have my criticisms and I could see worrisome booking decisions that could turn it from my favorite weekly program (I generally love Rampage and Dynamite is usually mostly thumbs up for me) to a really good show. That sounds silly, I know. I’m very sure the wrestling will likely always be a strong point of the production. So I will still pump my tentacles and be joyous. The multiple titles (and that the newest addition isn’t even trios, which is said to eventually pop up) is getting comical to me. I know that fits the sports feel that Tony has been saying since day one, so it’s technically on brand along with the convoluted interim titles, but it just has me going meh. Why is the Owen Tournament winner a belt? They all look great, but it seems like everyone has a belt from AEW or RoH or somewhere. I’m sure the ROH stuff is waiting for a potential RoH show? Regardless, derp.

Just rambling here, I will say I’ve actually enjoyed many of the recent episodes. Double or Nothing was great and even most of the Dynamites and Rampages have been good. The Baddies rule, the Kingston/ BCC vs JAS is a great storyline, marking for Athena, the wrestling is fantastic, etc. Maybe I’m tired and jaded. 

I’m just here, derpin in bed and typing this post. I wonder if AEW has a pivot problem. Now this is when someone points out in a snarky way all the examples of why I’m wrong and I give them a Thanks trophy because I’m dirt. Fenix gets injured so they prolong the feud with House of Black and turn of Julia Hart moves a a glacial pace, Tayvara is hated by everyone and they turn and return and turn again in an abysmal TNT title feud that makes us all long for the Codyverse, CM Punk is injured and they come up with an announcement that is confusing about a battle royal that is pointless because the winner fights Moxley the same night. 

Derp. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of the issues stem from things outwith TK’s control, but he handles them in such an outside the box manner that it can be jarring.

Sammy is a prime example of it. As his popularity starts to rise with the fans, he starts to get a push, then does the Sasha comments and gets pulled from TV. 

He returns, feuds with Matt Hardy, Matt Hardy gets injured. The feud slows down until Matt returns and we eventually get a blow off.

He then wins the TNT belt and loses to Cody, who almost immediately gets Covid. interim title is brought in. Feud is interrupted until Cody returns.

He then finally beats Cody and moves onto Scorpio, somewhat taking Cody’s place after Cody departs.

During this time his relationship with Tay becomes known and for whatever reason fans quickly turn on both, despite Tay being one of the most popular wrestlers and Sammy being very well liked at the time, they are both now hated (and that’s going up against Dan Lambert). So the dynamic changes once again due to no fault of TK’s.

and that’s just one guy.  TK has had to do a lot of fire fighting in AEW’s short history.  Covid, Brodie’s passing, injuries, Cody’s departure, this MJF thing.

He must feel like one of this plate spinning guys you would see on talent shows.

 

 

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Octopus said:

 

I’m just here, derpin in bed and typing this post. I wonder if AEW has a pivot problem. Now this is when someone points out in a snarky way all the examples of why I’m wrong and I give them a Thanks trophy because I’m dirt. Fenix gets injured so they prolong the feud with House of Black and turn of Julia Hart moves a a glacial pace, Tayvara is hated by everyone and they turn and return and turn again in an abysmal TNT title feud that makes us all long for the Codyverse, CM Punk is injured and they come up with an announcement that is confusing about a battle royal that is pointless because the winner fights Moxley the same night. 

 

AEW/TK seems to have an issue with the story after the story. Britt keeps using interference to retain the title, so Thunder Rosa finally gets her in a cage she wins the belt. But now what? Same with hangman 2+ years of "can Hangman win the big one?" but once he does now what. We are kinda seeing the same thing with Wardlow, he won his freedom but now he's feuding with Mark Sterling?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Ooooooh ZSJ has such a smug, annoying face, perfect for getting his fucking head kicked in 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

This.

My favourite Zack Sabre Jr promos is when he throws a shit fit:

 

NSFW.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2022 at 6:43 PM, Ramo2653 said:

Just thought about something this morning: there's a group of folks that don't want AEW to sign former WWE guys but at the very least they should be happy they haven't signed that multi time champion Vacant 😅

 

I'll see myself out now.

Well, I think that guy is still under WWE contract at the moment, so that may be the reason. He seems to pop up every now and then and immediately get a title.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, zendragon said:

AEW/TK seems to have an issue with the story after the story. Britt keeps using interference to retain the title, so Thunder Rosa finally gets her in a cage she wins the belt. But now what? Same with hangman 2+ years of "can Hangman win the big one?" but once he does now what. We are kinda seeing the same thing with Wardlow, he won his freedom but now he's feuding with Mark Sterling?

Fair play on Wardlow and Thunder Rosa I guess, but I’m firmly in the camp that believes Hangman’s “now what?” story is about him losing the title and what happens to his character and that journey. It’s one thing for a guy with extreme self-doubt to win the big one, but the more interesting thing is a guy with extreme self-doubt losing that title he spent 2019-2021 trying to win.

Of course, stories like that aren’t for everyone, especially when they move at such a slow pace sometimes. But I’m here for it. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...