DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2022

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

People keep commenting on Chuck and worrying about him, but the dude has been hurt and still kept showing up for tapings each week to help out with this or that. He's still been on the blogs and what not. Rocky being around for NJPW stuff just gave Chuck even more time off if anything and it allowed Trent to keep wrestling in tags for the last few weeks. Chuck is fine. 

I'd prefer Chuck and Orange as a team with a straight man/comedy guy set up to Chuck and Trent 

• Like 1

I think the problem Alan Five-Angels ran into was how badly the Dark Order split went with the crowd. It felt like he was going to be a focal point, what with his unmasking and all. But then the bookers saw the writing on the wall and called the split off, and that cut off whatever story they were intending to tell.

Personally, the mask worked for him, and taking it off might have been a mistake. Not because he's unattractive (he's a bit of a cutie, though I don't like wrestlers wearing dangly earrings in the ring) but because it gave him something that set him apart from all the other athletic smaller white guys on the roster.

According to the match graphic, the entrants in the Royal Rampage are (left to right):

1. Kazarian
  2. Silver 
  3. Orange Cassidy
  4. Rush
  5. Hangman
  6. Takeshita
  7. Penta
  8. Hobbs
  9. Starks
  10. Keith Lee
  11. Swerve
  12. Darby
  13. Blader
  14. Dustin Rhodes
  15. Butcher
  16. Caster
  17. Nese
  18. Matt Hardy
  19. Dante
  20. Brody King

Although debuting a surprise entrant on a taped show is a bad idea, so no hassle.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

According to the match graphic, the entrants in the Royal Rampage are (left to right):

1. Kazarian
  2. Silver 
  3. Orange Cassidy
  4. Rush
  5. Hangman
  6. Takeshita
  7. Penta
  8. Hobbs
  9. Starks
  10. Keith Lee
  11. Swerve
  12. Darby
  13. Blader
  14. Dustin Rhodes
  15. Butcher
  16. Caster
  17. Nese
  18. Matt Hardy
  19. Dante
  20. Brody King

Although debuting a surprise entrant on a taped show is a bad idea, so no hassle.

This is correct, I can confirm.

Hobbs/Nese start it off

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

To each their own, and definitely an improvement to Dynamite, but the few that watch Impact now and again would certainly argue with good reason that Tom Hannifan and Matthew Rehwoldt are the 'best' commentary team in wrestling.

I'm watching them call Jay White/Chris Bey vs Briscoes with Good Brothers in the booth with them on the Impact Pluto channel, and I'm enjoying their banter quite a bit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kafkonia said:

I think the problem Alan Five-Angels ran into was how badly the Dark Order split went with the crowd. It felt like he was going to be a focal point, what with his unmasking and all. But then the bookers saw the writing on the wall and called the split off, and that cut off whatever story they were intending to tell.

Personally, the mask worked for him, and taking it off might have been a mistake. Not because he's unattractive (he's a bit of a cutie, though I don't like wrestlers wearing dangly earrings in the ring) but because it gave him something that set him apart from all the other athletic smaller white guys on the roster.

I always assumed the DO split was a storyline paid off exactly as planned for the Brodie anniversary show? Angels did very well with his limited experience. His age should work in his favour. That said, he seems to have hit his AEW ceiling. His mic work is unestablished if inconclusive. HIs character work seems to be based on a mask and then a hat (ugh), so some adjustments ought to be encouraged. His in ring is solid, but could greatly use the kind of seasoning perhaps best found by spreading his wings. Indies and abroad for Alan, and I suspect it will be a good thing for him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1