DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Still no Darby, but Scorp is front and center?

Mark Henry is on there, man, don't worry too much. It could be something as simple as "We only want one white-face-painted guy on here, and Sting is more recognizable."

2 hours ago, AxB said:

I was gonna mention this in the podcast thread but Jungle Boy on Renee's podcast is well worth a listen.  I think he has sound reasonings for not being up for promos and a lot of it is due to being very low-key much like his dad.  I might have been a kid but when 90210 was on Luke really wasn't much of a talker when doing interviews.  And it was mentioned in the podcast the lengths Luke went to to not be noticed (such as wearing a lucha mask for one of the wrestling shows he attended)  He just doesn't have that in him and will take quite some time to be even semi-comfortable with promos.  But the thing is with him being so young there's all the time in the world to nail it.  So while his national exposure leads to impatience among some I think people might need to be a bit more patient.  But for what it's worth there was a Dark promo he did that wasn't that bad so Jungle's not as bad off as he might think.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ. Here I was thinking I was crazy for having my second kid when I'm 40. Matt's 46 is on his 5th fucking kid. But hey, if you have the money, the space, and the time, then ok I suppose.

Also, holy shit. Reby must enjoy being pregnant because she seems like she is never not pregnant.

Edited by Craig H
  • Haha 6

4786vi9lh7h71.jpg?width=354&auto=webp&s=

Punk on Instagram about The Final Chapter in ROH:

"This was sixteen years ago today. Called the show "The Final Chapter" because I'm a huge Friday the 13th guy. Cannot remember if this was the 13th or not. Today is! Pretty cool. Also final chapter because, well, that was it for that guy. Was sure I'd be an astronaut or maybe a Cowboy or something. Chapters close, books end. Nothing's over 'till you're underground."

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

An anniversary/birthday gift this year - the wife and I will be attending Dynamite in Houston next week. We're both super stoked. Apparently she's already planning to bring a sign "I'm only here for Schiavone".

Congratulations. Have a good time!

• Like 1

Interesting that AEW suddenly seems to be taking an interest in all these Indy tech bois ahead of Danielson coming in. That hasn’t really been the AEW house style, but that may be changing, and I welcome it.

• Like 5

On 8/13/2021 at 8:02 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

I was gonna mention this in the podcast thread but Jungle Boy on Renee's podcast is well worth a listen.  I think he has sound reasonings for not being up for promos and a lot of it is due to being very low-key much like his dad.  I might have been a kid but when 90210 was on Luke really wasn't much of a talker when doing interviews.  And it was mentioned in the podcast the lengths Luke went to to not be noticed (such as wearing a lucha mask for one of the wrestling shows he attended)  He just doesn't have that in him and will take quite some time to be even semi-comfortable with promos.  But the thing is with him being so young there's all the time in the world to nail it.  So while his national exposure leads to impatience among some I think people might need to be a bit more patient.  But for what it's worth there was a Dark promo he did that wasn't that bad so Jungle's not as bad off as he might think.

Jungle Boy talked a perfectly fine smack game on Rampage on Friday night.  He just needs to stick to scripted promos, keep them simple, and do them as often as he can to build his confidence.

Once he gets over the nagging public speaking thing, he'll be okay.

• Like 2

Kenny retained the AAA Mega Championship tonight, so I guess he will continue to sport at least some more gold around. Although, that's like the last title they even care to reference.

14 hours ago, EVA said:

Interesting that AEW suddenly seems to be taking an interest in all these Indy tech bois ahead of Danielson coming in. That hasn’t really been the AEW house style, but that may be changing, and I welcome it.

I've long thought that's been the only hole in their game, which I guess isn't too surprising given who the company's founders are. But yeah, they're totally due for a "Heyman brings lucha to ECW" kind of grappling exhibition. Just need to steal a guy or two from elsewhere.

• Like 1

Wait, Yuka Sakazaki already returned to Japan? Looks like at the end of July because she's already working matches with TJPW. Strange. Four dark matches and return. Similar to Takeshita. 

edit: Damn,  I really hope Emi Sakura sticks for a while longer than that after the super emotional goodbyes. Obviously, she's putting everything into this excursion and runs the show for Chocopro, so it's not like there will be political forces willing her back earlier than she'd hope. Hopefully she can hit one more 450 before it's over.

Edited by Jiji
  • Sad 1