DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

I can't look at Peter Avalon the same after 9:30:

Adam Page: "Hey, who is that?" Points at Peter Avalon.

Scorpio Sky: Dude, I think that's Ruby Riot!

You need to watch the whole Vanguard funeral starting at 7:07. 8:20-9:05 is the highlight. Lost it at Cody saying "Are you even at a funeral? Look what you're wearing, Tommy Bahama". Frankie Kazarian was the same as me.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I thought they were building to Mox Vs. Tana?

I suppose so, but there was an allusion to contracts/others.  Also, isn't there a NJPW show planned with Mox-Tanahashi.  I'd just much prefer Ishii at All Out, but I'd certainly take Tanahashi.  Also wondering if Jay White, stranded in the US, finds his way out of the Impact Zone and onto an Elite telecast.    

You know, I know people want AEW to work with New Japan, but I think they should try to work with some of these other companies in Japan too. The rest of Japan has become a lot more interesting since 2019. Especially when New Japan struggles to book a native talent promotion, and their neighbors are doing it better than them.

It’s a tough choice. You run the risk of pissing off a company you wanted to get in bed with, but you have a chance to be with something that might get hot soon.

But, if they limit the New Japan crossover guys to Okada, Naito, Tana, and Ibushi, I’ll be fine with that setup.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

They had Takeshita over from DDT, and all the Joshi wrestlers they used were from Not-Stardom, so it doesn't feel like an exclusive deal.

42 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

We’ll see, I just hope NJPW doesn’t get prickly over it. They’ve been on a bit of a All Japan isolation period recently, either by choice, or by other companies snubbing them.

What I wouldn't give for Ishii heating up Gary Albright before a match with Okada...

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 10:04 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

Annual Trios Tournament with large expensive trophy > unnecessary trios belts.  

AEW adopting the King of Trios would be awesome and gives me hope we'd someday see The Fabulous Quebecers (Raymond, Jacques, PCO) and Time Machine (Alex Shelley, Kushida, Chris Sabin).

• Like 4

On 8/5/2021 at 10:04 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

Annual Trios Tournament with large expensive trophy > unnecessary trios belts.  

Thief!!!

But I’d prefer if it’s round robin style, so more people get shine, and you can build contenders by having your champions taking upset falls. Like how the G1 does it. Basically a best of both worlds, without giving up singles matches.

Book it TK!

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

AEW adopting the King of Trios would be awesome and gives me hope we'd someday see The Fabulous Quebecers (Raymond, Jacques, PCO) and Time Machine (Alex Shelley, Kushida, Chris Sabin).

Time Machine Gun?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As you mentioned them, I have to post:

"We don't like heavy metal, we don't like rock n roll, all we like to listen to is Barry Manilow."

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 3