DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUG 2021

The Natural

23 hours ago, EVA said:

Interesting that AEW suddenly seems to be taking an interest in all these Indy tech bois ahead of Danielson coming in. That hasn’t really been the AEW house style, but that may be changing, and I welcome it.

It’s the only thing I’ve felt AEW has missed from day one. I’ve been craving for a Zack Sabre Jr. or similar guy to come in for ages because it would be a breath of fresh air and a nice break from the non stop PWG style matches (which I love btw).

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

Wait, Yuka Sakazaki already returned to Japan? Looks like at the end of July because she's already working matches with TJPW. Strange. Four dark matches and return. Similar to Takeshita. 

edit: Damn,  I really hope Emi Sakura sticks for a while longer than that after the super emotional goodbyes. Obviously, she's putting everything into this excursion and runs the show for Chocopro, so it's not like there will be political forces willing her back earlier than she'd hope. Hopefully she can hit one more 450 before it's over.

Isn’t Emi moving to America, like Riho and Shida?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eikerir said:

It’s the only thing I’ve felt AEW has missed from day one. I’ve been craving for a Zack Sabre Jr. or similar guy to come in for ages because it would be a breath of fresh air and a nice break from the non stop PWG style matches (which I love btw).

Give me ZSJ and Angelico as a team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Isn’t Emi moving to America, like Riho and Shida?

That’s what they said. She’s going to be a wrestler/coach like dustin. Yuka did a quick excursion. I was expecting a tv match but seeing as there’s only one women’s match per episode, guess not. 

When she made the announcement she said she wasn't sure if she'd be gone for two months or years by the sounds of it. She seemed very worried about the potential it could be embarrassing if she didn't stick. If she is getting a contract to be a player/coach, that is very smart on AEW's end as there aren't many better trainers of women's wrestlers in the world than Emi. Prolific and she really lets wrestlers be themselves rather than forces them to work one way, though obviously she has a leaning towards quick technical mat work. I think it was Shida that commented on that when she did an interview on Chocopro's YouTube channel when she was in Japan for the tournament. 

Edited by Jiji

49 minutes ago, Dog said:

Really, REALLY hope she ditches the Freddie Mercury shtick. I want the Sakura from the Women's Eliminator.

I don't think she'll ever drop the little elements of the Queen stuff like the we will rock you running splash into the corner but I don't think she'll be coming out with a moustache and the Mercury gear. Queen Emi works way better.

I need a new backpack for work, so I went ahead and ordered the New Era AEW logo backpack from their website. I've bought shirts from eBay (Bull Nakano) and Beyond Gorilla (Eddie Kingston, Minoru Suzuki), but this is the first piece of wrestling merchandise I've ordered from any actual wrestling company, WWE or anyone, since 2016.

I'm sure I'll buy the inevitable first piece of CM Punk/AEW merch, too. Next sale I'm definitely getting that House of Black shirt, though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, eikerir said:

They have Angelico right there, and Colt can do this style as well.

AEW could use more Tekkers and less Tekken.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, matt925 said:

That’s what they said. She’s going to be a wrestler/coach like dustin. Yuka did a quick excursion. I was expecting a tv match but seeing as there’s only one women’s match per episode, guess not. 

we did get Yuka vs Penelope Ford on the July 14 dynamite/fyter fest night 1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

I can see Shop AEW crashing when the first merchandise for both Bryan Danielson and CM Punk go up. I'll be going for Bryan's, hopefully there's a full zip hoodie.

Yeah, that shit is gonna crash HARD. Will undoubtedly be the #1 seller for a while, too. On both AEW's website and PWT.

Oh, and for anybody still looking for the figures - they have a lot of them up on ShopAEW. 

• Like 2

Does Bryan Danielson show at AEW All Out III or AEW Grand Slam? I'm thinking he'll be saved for the latter, a huge Dynamite in Arthur Ashe Stadium. 22nd September feels close yet so far away. Can't wait to see the GOAT on TV again.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

I'll be really disappointed if the Danielson thing doesn't happen. He's my all-time favorite, too, and until a month ago, I was totally resigned to the fact that he'd end his career in WWE. This turn of events is almost too good to be true.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Does Bryan Danielson show at AEW All Out III or AEW Grand Slam? I'm thinking he'll be saved for the latter, a huge Dynamite in Arthur Ashe Stadium. 22nd September feels close yet so far away. Can't wait to see the GOAT on TV again.

My thought/hope is that he will show up at the end of the Omega-Christian match, and the match with Omega actually happens at Dynamite-Grand Slam.

• Like 4

Can we push the Danielson/Omega match to the Rochester show I'm going to? If our fantasy booking is true, Arthur Ashe is already getting LAX tag title win AND Eddie Kingston title win lol Spread the love!

• Haha 3