DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I wonder if WWE's Kaitlyn has any weird fetishes.

Does thinking The Simpsons is as great as ever count?

Because that's pretty weird.

The couple times I saw her reference The Simpsons it was about the episodes that we ALL grew up loving. If she starts putting over the newer seasons then I may have an issue.

Actually the fact she likes newer stuff makes her better. Gives her real credibility. 

Watched Total Divas tonight. The best part was Eva Marie trying to get to the Bellas by rambling on about how she's gonna take their spots. The Bellas ignored her until Nikki said, "Is she still talking?" and Brie was all like "idk."

PWG is quick on this Chris Hero stuff - they've already booked him to face Adam Cole for the PWG title on December 20th at All Star Weekend 10. Winner will defend against Johnny Gargano (didn't he sign a developmental deal?) the next night.

https://twitter.com/WWEHOFerSunny/status/399051526359879680

Easily one of the most bizarre twitter exchanges ever.

Who else but Sunny?!  As an aside, she shouldn't be allowed to use pics from 20 years ago, it depresses me.

Sunny's life has become so sad, it makes Randy the Ram's fate in The Wrestler look like a freaking fairytale.

'85 Mickey Rourke or '95 Sunny?

Found an old tape that had a random episode of ECW Hardcore TV from 1998. It was the show from Queens where Paul E. gave this big rah rah speech about the fans saying they finally got on PPV in NYC with Time Warner and Cablevision. Anyway I was looking at the commercials for the home videos and man did ECW charge an arm and a leg for them.

Born to be Wired was $29.95 + 3.95 s/h.

House Party 98 was $34.95 + 3.95 s/h.

I'm trying to remember back then, but were huge prices like that the norm for full show tapes back then? The ECW PPV's were only like what... $19.95 (or $24.95). I just found the prices amusing. At least the t-shirts were more reasonably priced.

Those ECW home video prices wouldn't have been crazy in 1988 because looking at those commercials you would need a months allowance to afford some of those Crockett tapes with the shipping. The thing that makes it more crazy was that anybody with a computer could have gotten a copy for half that until Feinstein realized that making money was more important that spreading the company's name.

On a unrelated note,  is the reason why JBL is screaming catch phrases like the "O" on the Usos and the "Whats up" on R-Truth the WWE way of trying to get fans to think that doing this shit isn't cool anymore and bury the gimmick. I can see if Cole or Lawler does it since they are baby faces but JBL makes no sense

I wish it was a scene in my LIFE. I'd sell people poop all day if I could. I won't judge. Do whatever you want with it - I don't give a shit, but I'll sell it if the price is right. That's Jae's Poop Empoorium, across the street from Al's Italian Beef in Chicago. We're full of it, and you can be too!

Keep an eye out for our Black Friday Deals!

That'd be a flawed business model.

• Like 3

On a unrelated note,  is the reason why JBL is screaming catch phrases like the "O" on the Usos and the "Whats up" on R-Truth the WWE way of trying to get fans to think that doing this shit isn't cool anymore and bury the gimmick. I can see if Cole or Lawler does it since they are baby faces but JBL makes no sense

I assume that is JBL trying to get himself over.

How much was it to own the night Kimona Wana Leia danced a top the ECW arena?

What was the delay again that cause Heyman to send her out there to strip to keep the crowd from rioting?

I assume that is JBL trying to get himself over.

Through watching the JBL/Cole show you quickly realize that JBL is batshit insane and that's just the unchained nature of the chaotic evil wrestling god bursting through.

• Like 2

A couple more observations from the Mid-South dvd 1. Heels attempting to call timeout to stem the onslaught of the babyfaces needs to come back2. We're way overdue for another tar and feathering or painting a yellow stripe down someone's back angle

I thought it was weird after the tar and feathering that JYD finished his promo. Otherwise, this was a pretty awesome feud.

I thought that was odd as well. Reed and Buddy Landell beat him down, tarred and feathered him and then left. Dog then got up and finished the promo. Kind of puts Dog over in a way as even though the heels jumped him and got one over on him, he was still tough enough to get up on his own and express how pissed off he was.

You know what phrase I could do without ever hearing again in wrestling? Face of the company. Whatever happened to just wanting to win the goddamned belt (or championship)?

Oh, there are a whole bunch of phrases I'd be overjoyed never to hear again.  Like "in this very ring," "each and every one of you," and "sports entertainer" leap to mind.  Hell, even "good/best for business" has become a cliche lately.

You know what phrase I could do without ever hearing again in wrestling? Face of the company. Whatever happened to just wanting to win the goddamned belt (or championship)?

Oh, there are a whole bunch of phrases I'd be overjoyed never to hear again.  Like "in this very ring," "each and every one of you," and "sports entertainer" leap to mind.  Hell, even "good/best for business" has become a cliche lately.

People using 'best for business' as a punchline have quickly become just as insufferable as people chanting 'what'.

The only occasion I can tolerate hearing 'best for business' again, excluding from Triple H or any of his ilk, is if it's chanted by the crowd as Triple H is being pummeled into a bloody paste by Big Show and/or Daniel Bryan.

• Like 1

What is so interesting about the last few months of storylines is there is a perception, which is almost entirely the WWE's doing, that the true champion is not on top.

It had always frustrated a segment of the fanbase that the Cena/Orton types were so often holding the belts. But the WWE always presented it storyline-wise that these wrestlers were on top because they were the best wrestlers.

HHH's "face of the company" and "best for business" stuff is indicative that the best wrestler is not as important as looking like the best wrestler. And HHH has made it clear through his words/actions that he plans on keeping the title on wrestlers who look the best.

So somehow, in a fixed sport, WWE has created paper champions.