DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

This is just one step away from someone having a tumblr where he dressed up his cats as old school wrestlers.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Lee Marshall was doing the player intros for the Duke/Kansas game.

Why?  Was he telling us how much the teams "Were GRRRRRREEEEEAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!?"

Nah, he just made a bunch of bad weasel jokes before he announced Jabari Parker.

• Like 1

What's with this "Country RAW"? Is Vince trying to start a new relationship with southern wrasslin fans because of the recent shitty ratings?

Appearances by the Honky Tonk Man, Mickie James, and Jimmie Wang Yang, a Smoking Gunns reunion, and 3MB covers the West Texas Rednecks' "Rap Is Crap".  Bunkhouse Buck returns as Papa Swagger and interacts with Zeb Coulter.

was it better than any of Jarrett's other gimmicks?

Not particularly.  It would have been if he'd worked Slap Nuts into it.

Here's a clip someone put together which for some reason plays Jarrett's terrible WCW theme throughout and closes with him clobbering Beetlejuice with a guitar.

The "Why certain guys never got a run in TNA/WWE" thread had me looking up a couple of WWE dark matches from the late 90's and early 00's, and I came across Cena vs. Benjamin.

Crazy how goofy Cena looked, and how much better Benjamin was than him.

• Like 1

The "Why certain guys never got a run in TNA/WWE" thread had me looking up a couple of WWE dark matches from the late 90's and early 00's, and I came across Cena vs. Benjamin.

Nice to see he was always considerate to the visually impaired by calling out spots as loudly as possible. Love the guy at the 3:15 mark who yells out, "Can we have a real match, please?".

Nice to see he was always considerate to the visually impaired by calling out spots as loudly as possible. Love the guy at the 3:15 mark who yells out, "Can we have a real match, please?".

I don't know what that neckbeard was yelling about. I didn't see anything wrong with that match. It was perfectly acceptable wrestling.

I don't know what that neckbeard was yelling about. I didn't see anything wrong with that match. It was perfectly acceptable wrestling.

That sort of thing happens at every show I've ever been too when they send unknowns out there.  I remember a show back in 03 that I went to, Bernard and Ohaire worked London and Kendrick.  Several fans shit on London/Kendrick simply because they hadn't been on tv, despite being booked to look good in this match.

All that, and sometimes I battle with the fact that he's never going to become a world heavyweight champion.

Aye, it's a shame. I thought that might have happened with two world titles existing or when William Regal was RAW General Manager but he failed a wellness test.