DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2020

Curt McGirt

I think the most interesting use of Shawn Spears will be Tully mentoring him as to how to stall and hold onto his title.

It also isn't the most interesting use of the title.

I'd be OK with Stu Grayson winning it, only to hand it over to Brodie Lee straight away. I like how they've booked him so far, and stands out alright in a terrible gimmick. Evil Uno I'm fairly certain is Wilson from Home Improvement.

A few days ago when twitter was doing "Four video games that define me" Evil Uno said that when they were kids, Stu Grayson would sometimes come into Uno's house, complete Super Mario 3 start to finish, then leave without having spoken to anybody.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Florida (finally) issued statewide stay at home. Wonder where aew’s undisclosed location is. I know they have a ton of stuff already taped, as others have said they should have taped weeks ago and shut down voluntarily. 

1 hour ago, AxB said:

A few days ago when twitter was doing "Four video games that define me" Evil Uno said that when they were kids, Stu Grayson would sometimes come into Uno's house, complete Super Mario 3 start to finish, then leave without having spoken to anybody.

I choose to picture Uno wearing the SSB mask as a kid. That also makes me like Stu Grayson a lot more than I already do.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I legit believe if you put one fully grown tiger in a B&G cage with 18 wrestlers, that they would be able to kill the tiger without weapons. They wouldn’t all live, but I guarantee the tiger isn’t walking out of it alive.

I'd prefer not to see an endangered animal killed, so maybe they can dress up Peter Avalon or Michael Naka...Naka...Nakazawa in a tiger costume.

I feel like they are overdoing Darby v Guevara and would be better off changing some of the match ups to ones that are not played out.

I would do instead...

Darby vs Spears

Guevara vs Colt

Archer vs Dustin

Cody vs Sabian

Honestly I would cut Sabian out of this since entirely since he seems to have worked everyone too much and put in Billy Gunn or something.  Ideally, it could be a spot for Scorpio Sky but he's been missing since the outbreak

Also the idea that Colt is going to goof around in a match with Archer is horrifying.

Edited by Goodear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Goodear said:

Also the idea that Colt is going to goof around in a match with Archer is horrifying.

Until Archer destroys him which is what is going to happen.

I am hopeful for a Darby/Archer final like a few other people have said. Tease that Cody vs Archer will be the final, but have Darby play spoiler and finally get his victory over Cody, and then have Archer win the championship and put over that while Archer did win gold so quickly in AEW, he still has a chip on his shoulder because he hasnt gotten his match with Cody yet. 

17 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I legit believe if you put one fully grown tiger in a B&G cage with 18 wrestlers, that they would be able to kill the tiger without weapons. They wouldn’t all live, but I guarantee the tiger isn’t walking out of it alive.

i don't know if a tiger would take a Canadian Destroyer, so i'll give even odds

Which kind of sucks because Cabana was building a little streak for himself, and probably on his way to being in the rankings for the World title, but he's definitely of better use in the TNT Championship division. Which, I've said before, is pretty interesting, since I presume they'll have rankings for that, so how do you decide - for example - if Cabana goes on another winning streak after this Archer match, which title chase does he get placed into? Both?

So according to WrestlingInc, Dynamite last night was almost shut down by Georgia authorities but they had the correct documentation and were allowed to continue on with the show/tapings. But state officials stayed all night to ensure that the proper guidelines were followed.

They also said that what they've taped already, in the past few weeks and last night/tonight (?) should allow them to air new content through the middle of May.

• Like 1