DVDVR Message Board

AEW - APR 2020

Curt McGirt

Not yet.

Nobody brought up that on BTE 199: Part 3 Fat Ass Masa, Flip Gordon and Marty Scurll all turned up. So, that happened.

• Like 1

Who of these WWE cuts do we see coming in?  I would assume Rusev, Gallows and Anderson will get a lot of consideration.  I'd also assume Fit Finlay will be heavily considered for a producer role.  Jericho photographing himself with his pal EC3 a month or so back makes me assume he'll also be considered.  

I think only Rusev and Sarah Logan come in. That's it. They have more than enough tag teams so Gallows and Anderson would just add unnecessary bulk. I wouldn't mind if they were brought in, but they're not needed. Rusev is a draw and Sarah Logan would be a welcome addition to the women's division.

Lio Rush has baggage when it comes to how he's booked and the company has enough flippy guys already.

Zack Ryder I would maaaaaybe think of bringing in. I think Zack is a really good babyface, shows a lot of fire, he's not the best worker, but he's perfectly adequate. 

But yeah, 100% bring in Rusev and Sarah Logan.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Who of these WWE cuts do we see coming in?  I would assume Rusev, Gallows and Anderson will get a lot of consideration.  I'd also assume Fit Finlay will be heavily considered for a producer role.  Jericho photographing himself with his pal EC3 a month or so back makes me assume he'll also be considered.  

I'd assume Finlay will be back with Vince after this is all over. The producers were just furloughed - not released. 

On 4/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, Brian Fowler said:

$50 would be a real tough ask for an empty arena ppv when my hours have dropped more than in half right now

It would be great if for this PPV they do the $20 price that MLW did and it would help the fans out a lot who want to see it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Did they ever follow up on Harper telling the one creeper who wore a tie that he had an "opportunity" for him?

I'd like for that creeper to get beaten down by another creeper, who then unmasks and turns out to be Rowan.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Not yet.

Nobody brought up that on BTE 199: Part 3 Fat Ass Masa, Flip Gordon and Marty Scurll all turned up. So, that happened.

I haven't been following BTE as much since AEW began, but now I have a reason to. I think I'll bundle it later with MLW, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and whatever looks good on IWTV.

• Like 1

How pissed off would you be as Brodie if you come to AEW for the chance to reinvent yourself and do something different and they immediately pair you back up with Rowan?

Nothing against Rowan, who's decent enough, but that would be such a bush league move perception-wise.

Other than maybe Rusev, I don't think they should be picking up any of the released wrestlers. And even with Rusev I wouldn't go out of my way. They're doing a good job building up their own names, they don't need to add anymore ex-WWE guys. Let Rusev go to Japan or barnstorm the indies for awhile and maybe grab him later if there's mutual interest and he reinvents himself a bit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elizium said:

How pissed off would you be as Brodie if you come to AEW for the chance to reinvent yourself and do something different and they immediately pair you back up with Rowan?

Fans are just fantasy booking. I think people assume that because they think that Lee and Rowan are very tight. They might be and that’s why we are kind of suggesting it. It’s probably all up to Lee since he is the one responsible with a lot of the booking of his programs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Fans are just fantasy booking. I think people assume that because they think that Lee and Rowan are very tight. They might be and that’s why we are kind of suggesting it. It’s probably all up to Lee since he is the one responsible with a lot of the booking of his programs.

For sure, I just think its kind of amusing that the only suggestion for Rowan is to put him back with Lee. I honestly don't really see AEW being interested anyway, unless it is in the role of big guy around for other big guys to beat.

8 minutes ago, elizium said:

For sure, I just think its kind of amusing that the only suggestion for Rowan is to put him back with Lee. I honestly don't really see AEW being interested anyway, unless it is in the role of big guy around for other big guys to beat.

If Lee likes him, and wants him, then expect him to be signed regardless. Rowan would take a pay cut for the exposure to prove himself anyway.