Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

WWE Finances, et al Discussion


Recommended Posts

Interesting note,

I spoke with a gentleman today during my job and he had worked high up in the WWE IT chain for the past 10 yrs. He was let go this month as were many others due to the stock dip.  He didn't have any kind words for Kevin Dunn but said that Vince wasn't bad to work for as long as you did what you told him you would do.  He stated that many people find it hard to believe that it's a billion dollar company that ultimately comes down to the decision of one man but it's true. Vince always has the last word on everything.  He mentioned the guys in the trucks arrive to an arena at 7 am to unload/set up and that they don't leave the arena until 1 am or so once everything is packed up.  Very little home life and they are on avg 8 planes per week.  One interesting thing he said was that once Vince passes he doesn't see the company lasting more than 3 yrs.  Vince is just that much involved in every little thing right now.   Also said the stress is unreal right now as XFL is starting up and it's Mania season.    Was an interesting conversation.   

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Interesting note,

I spoke with a gentleman today during my job and he had worked high up in the WWE IT chain for the past 10 yrs. He was let go this month as were many others due to the stock dip.  He didn't have any kind words for Kevin Dunn but said that Vince wasn't bad to work for as long as you did what you told him you would do.  He stated that many people find it hard to believe that it's a billion dollar company that ultimately comes down to the decision of one man but it's true. Vince always has the last word on everything.  He mentioned the guys in the trucks arrive to an arena at 7 am to unload/set up and that they don't leave the arena until 1 am or so once everything is packed up.  Very little home life and they are on avg 8 planes per week.  One interesting thing he said was that once Vince passes he doesn't see the company lasting more than 3 yrs.  Vince is just that much involved in every little thing right now.   Also said the stress is unreal right now as XFL is starting up and it's Mania season.    Was an interesting conversation.   

Interesting conversation indeed.  I am not going to question but somebody that worked there said, but would at least hope that with Steph literally growing up in the business and HHH being in his role that when Vince passes they'll be able to handle things well enough to keep it running.  Of course the stock would fall pretty far but I can see them turning it around.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on what we’ve seen from NXT, it looks like HHH is comfortable delegating as long as it’s to people he trusts. That said, he’s also pretty hands on (I think Breaking Ground or another show like that showed him working with Balor, of all people, on his entrance). Who knows how much of that is because HHH knows Vince wants that out of him and how much is because HHH wants to do it that way. Regardless, yeah... there’s no way to replicate everything that Vince oversees.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Interesting conversation indeed.  I am not going to question but somebody that worked there said, but would at least hope that with Steph literally growing up in the business and HHH being in his role that when Vince passes they'll be able to handle things well enough to keep it running.  Of course the stock would fall pretty far but I can see them turning it around.

Vince is a business guy, wrestling promoter, and the head of a wrestling company that operates like a movie studio. Steph has what appears to be business chops, but we’ve seen it as a company ambassador. She hasn’t really been in charge. HHH is a wrestling promoter who appears to dislike being the business guy. Every recent interview he’s had he comes across as a very stressed out, and tired man who would rather be performing most days. I honestly feel there are some red flags that this castle might crumble without Vince.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I mean, here's the thing...Of course no one works as hard as Vince, but that's not conducive to running a good business. If and when Vince dies or steps down, you'll see more responsibilities get delegated to more people instead of this psychotic narcissist micromanaging everything. The company will be fine. 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Vince is a business guy, wrestling promoter, and the head of a wrestling company that operates like a movie studio. Steph has what appears to be business chops, but we’ve seen it as a company ambassador. She hasn’t really been in charge. HHH is a wrestling promoter who appears to dislike being the business guy. Every recent interview he’s had he comes across as a very stressed out, and tired man who would rather be performing most days. I honestly feel there are some red flags that this castle might crumble without Vince.

He comes across as tired because HHH is old and does the insane thing of getting up at 3 or 4 am to work out or he does a midnight workout before going to bed. Again, human beings weren't made to operate this way. Of course he's going to look tired and old. Someday soon the Rock will too.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

He comes across as tired because HHH is old and does the insane thing of getting up at 3 or 4 am to work out or he does a midnight workout before going to bed. Again, human beings weren't made to operate this way. Of course he's going to look tired and old. Someday soon the Rock will too.

He needs to pick up Vince’s apparent non-addictive cocaine habits.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

He needs to pick up Vince’s apparent non-addictive cocaine habits.

HHH strikes me as a guy who pounds espressos whereas Vince pounds Monster or Bang energy drinks all day.

HHH just livin' the gimmick, brother.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Vince is a business guy, wrestling promoter, and the head of a wrestling company that operates like a movie studio. Steph has what appears to be business chops, but we’ve seen it as a company ambassador. She hasn’t really been in charge. HHH is a wrestling promoter who appears to dislike being the business guy. Every recent interview he’s had he comes across as a very stressed out, and tired man who would rather be performing most days. I honestly feel there are some red flags that this castle might crumble without Vince.

 

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Well, I mean, here's the thing...Of course no one works as hard as Vince, but that's not conducive to running a good business. If and when Vince dies or steps down, you'll see more responsibilities get delegated to more people instead of this psychotic narcissist micromanaging everything. The company will be fine. 

Both of these are very valid points.  I'm of the "Work smarter, not harder" mindset and don't believe Vince shares that type of mindset.  I would like to think Steph has that and maybe HHH to a degree.  I can see them needing to have people share some of the load so it's not all down to just one person.  And again, they'll struggle for a good while until they recover enough to get back on decent footing.

But, if the castle were to crumble then I can't help but wonder what that would do to wrestling as a whole.  You have all those talents they hoarded and if things were the crumble and AEW could only take so many at a time then the indy scene will be awfully crowded.  As for mainstream fans that watch WWE I don't know if they'll seek out other companies or just stop watching altogether.  It's a weird thing to think about considering the company still seems too big to fail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The moment Vince dies, six druids in black robes will appear.  They will carry his corpse into the secret chamber and hook him up to an apparatus much like Emperor Palpatine's in Rise of Skywalker.  He will continue to rule...er...lead his company from beyond the grave!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I honestly think the company will get sold off eventually soon. Either to Murdoch’s FOX, or Disney. It feels like the inevitable with all the big IP purchases in recent times. 

I was thinking the same. If/when Vince is ready to walk away he'll be selling to the highest bidder

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Log said:

The moment Vince dies, six druids in black robes will appear.  They will carry his corpse into the secret chamber and hook him up to an apparatus much like Emperor Palpatine's in Rise of Skywalker.  He will continue to rule...er...lead his company from beyond the grave!

Close, but no.  I'm thinking more Darth Vince.  Only instead of screaming "NOOOOOOOOO" he'll be screaming "WHAAAAAAT A MANOOOOOOOOOOVER"

Edited by cool arrow
added a joke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I ignore Cornette; I don't listen to his podcast. He's like Freddy Kreuger. Forget about him and stop having nightmares, and Cornette also goes away.

I honestly next to 100% agree with the content regarding wrestling, but as sb who tries to see other people's view point totally disagree with the form/way of saying it and the screaming hyperbole shit. If I was more passionate about wrestling, it might be different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think Vince's work ethic is sometimes part of the problem. When it was just him, Patterson and Prichard writing everything, they had to work long hours, but they were also taping weeks of television at a time and had to commit to a vision.

Now he has 20 writers under him, and is insisting on continually rewriting the show up until the day of, sometimes right up until airtime. So the long term planning gets sacrificed to Vince's need to just keep working on everything.

If someone made a good enough offer, I think Vince might sell, probably with a clause that keeps Hunter, Steph, Shane, and maybe Kevin Dunn employed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RIPPA locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...