DVDVR Message Board

WWE Finances, et al Discussion

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Sure, but my point is, how can they ramp up marketing for any of their "characters" when they're seemingly releasing people on a whim?  We've already heard the 2K people are getting frustrated with all the changes because they're trying to produce a game based on a roster that's lost 71 people in just this year. 

This is literally a 1:1 example of a marketing and content partner being unable to produce marketing, media, merch because the company is so tumultuous.

As I said, if those top people are Roman, Bliss, Becky, Drew, Charlotte, the New Day and few more then they're safe and will be marketed. The lower rest are just prototypes to test on and if it doesn't work out for them, then dumping them is what they will do.

I think the firing of Bray while the Fiend was still a top merch mover says some of the people on your list even aren’t safe. Roman, Becky and New Day are probably the only 100% safe people. I’d have say Charlotte if there wasn’t the stuff about her being a problem being reported/leaked

• Like 1

WWE sees most people as replaceable, that's 80 percent of the roster to be honest. It was already reported Vince didn't like Bray in the end anymore, and strung him around.

Sasha would had been removed along ago but she did stuff in the back, Vince respects that.

Once you understand Vince's mind and his psychological games then you know how he works mentally. If you say yes to a crappy idea, then he loses respect and thinks you have no spine, if you said no to Vince then he doesn't lose respect.

It's quite obvious with the booking and Vince personal tastes who stays and goes. Doing angles like the Bobby wedding was meant to get Bobby over and not Miro. Same goes for anything else. It's all reverse.

Also at the same time, only Cena and few were allowed to shit on creative. Pecking orders.

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

I think the firing of Bray while the Fiend was still a top merch mover says some of the people on your list even aren’t safe. Roman, Becky and New Day are probably the only 100% safe people. I’d have say Charlotte if there wasn’t the stuff about her being a problem being reported/leaked

Randy Orton is 100% safe considering he is always Vince's "Break Glass in case of emergency" guy

I would say only Big E is safe from New Day (and old maybe for the moment). Kofi is old and Woods is clearly an afterthought to them

I would actually argue the Miz is 100% safe due to his value to "regular" media

Xavier is safe as they're going to want that "WWE Superstar" tag on him when he does G4.  If he stops doing that then maybe but while not DWTS he's untouchable.  And there's no point splitting up New Day so best to just keep them.

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Once you understand Vince's mind and his psychological games then you know how he works mentally. If you say yes to a crappy idea, then he loses respect and thinks you have no spine, if you said no to Vince then he doesn't lose respect.

As time has marched on, the above has actually gotten significantly harder to achieve. Because current day grouchy old Vince loses respect for you if you say yes to bad creative. But as shown with Bray, he also sours on you if you do say no to bad creative (that he thinks is good). So while the above used to be true, I'm not so sure how true it is anymore.

It's more like say yes when I want you to say yes and say no when I want you to say no. But you have to be able to derive that through telepathy. Because if I tell you what I want, then that's not what I want.

Basically Vince is exactly like every woman I've ever dated lol.

• Haha 4

Nah its bad creative (angles and booking ) is good to Vince and you shouldn't question it, but with ribbing gimmicks and desire to win titles, you should fight for those.

Besides Bray and Keith were probably too fat for Vince. Fat as in the soul of fat and flabby, not the big hoss fat look. Vince thought Yoko was big and impressive but Mick Foley was fat and Joe was too fat to be a star. Sorry, I don't make these wacky rules.

Both Keith and Bray, weren't going to be the guys. 

Edited by KingM

• 1 month later...