DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The Pridefighter - 6/25/2019

Dolfan in NYC

So many 2 out of 3 falls matches 

I'm hoping they eventually turn Sonya Deville face. She's really good and getting better and needs to get away from Corey Graves' gross comments about Mandy. 

Happy Pride y'all

• Like 7

Did Nak and Finn ever wrestle in Japan? This could be a good match if both are motivated.

The Kofi/Dolph match was really good and better than their cage match. I'm glad they did the smart thing and not make the ER match a three way.

18 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm hoping they eventually turn Sonya Deville face. She's really good and getting better and needs to get away from Corey Graves' gross comments about Mandy

I love Sonya to pieces for her wrestling and other reasons (Happy Pride) Would hope for a face turn but as long as she's featured in a good spot I'm cool with it. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

The tag division matches were fun. I assume we are getting a multi-team match at Extreme Rules.

Miz/Elias was actually good while it lasted. Still the 2/3 falls stuff is getting to be a bit much, and it says something when an audience is chanting no more Shane. Hopefully they take that to hear and Extreme Rules is a goodbye to Shane for a while.

Bayley/Nikki was decent. Sonya/Ember was short but nice while it lasted.

The Truth/Drake segment was so cold to poor Drake.

Its good to see Nakamura getting a potentially decent feud though I was hoping he would go after Kofi. Nakamura/Finn should still be a nice match.

Kofi/Dolph was fa better than their ppv match specifically in the finishing stretch. 

Edited by Eivion

Pretty sure Aleister smoked crack before that promo. And someone came knocking, looking for a hit!

Kofi-Ziggler was really good.

EDIT: "I love this championship more than you love your wife!" Damn, Truth! That was ice cold toward Maverick!

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

They also had a match in NXT.

NXT doesn't count in the WWE.

I didn't watch too much of the show tonight. Just generally burned out and the heat and humidity weren't helping. But after Sonja's win, were they teasing a bit of a thing with her and Mandy? Like she was stroking Mandy's hair for a couple of seconds and they were looking at each other before they both realized "shit, we're on tv". I know I'm not the only one who saw that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I didn't watch too much of the show tonight. Just generally burned out and the heat and humidity weren't helping. But after Sonja's win, were they teasing a bit of a thing with her and Mandy? Like she was stroking Mandy's hair for a couple of seconds and they were looking at each other before they both realized "shit, we're on tv". I know I'm not the only one who saw that.

I noticed that too but didn't read much into it. If anything I hope it goes nowhere because I'll never trust WWE with stories like that. 

3 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

You were not. Not sure they teasing something or not.

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

No, it was... a thing. You are not wrong.

I legitimately wonder if the play will be playing around with it in subtle ways. They run 2 shows a year in god damn Saudi Arabia and I can’t see the company doing an out and out lesbian angle in plain sight. But there was kind of something from it last week too.

https://i.imgur.com/oL1Y6zO.gifv

for context.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I hope all matches become 2/3 falls and then WWE ends up as some sort of weird lucha fed.

They are really missing out on an angle with the Lucha House Party going on a big winning streak with the 2/3 falls gimmick. They keep losing the first but rebounding on the second and third!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RIShane said:

SDL has become really boring since the Wildcard and excessive Shane McMahon came in, its a shame.

Both shows fell off a cliff the second the wildcard stuff was rolled out. Now ALL of the 20 or so people (not just Shane) they put on TV are overexposed. 

• Like 2

They took two bonafide, can't miss stars in Ricochet and Aleister Black and whiffed on both. Both were brought up with zero story to their call up. They were just...there. Then they stopped teaming together. Then Ricochet did some 50/50 shit while Black has done nothing, but inexplicably cry about how no one wants to fight him when logically, you'd go and seek someone else for a fight. I get what they're trying to do here. They're doing a thing where no one comes to challenge Black so he goes and starts a fight. At least, that's what should happen and it should have happened weeks ago. You do two vignettes of Black complaining about how people are afraid of him and then the third week he goes and brings the pain. This is now the second or, shit, third? month where he's just done nothing.

At least Ricochet won the US title, which doesn't mean much. Holding the US title just means they're going to book you to lose repeatedly in non-title matches.

That tag match that got the Teddy Long treatment into an 8-man was fantastic. I watched that with a smile on my face that kept growing. By the time Otis made the save to get the win, I looked like I'd been dosed with a Joker venom. Otis, who was in the "biggest" Indy here in Colorado as "Dozer" for a short spell, is the only guy from it to make the big time. A few others had some FCW experience but didn't make it.

And,I want an alliance/ faction of Bryan/ Rowan/ Owens/ Rowan. I was fantasy booking them as a heel group in my head the entire match. 

11 hours ago, hammerva said:

So is Aliestar Black a heel or have they not figured that out yet.   

I figured they wouldn't know what to do with Aleister on the main roster. The guy's talented, no question. But he has an average body type (by WWE standards), so-so on promos, has a lot of tattoos that may seem weird to some, and has a section of fans who think he should be the new Undertaker when no way on Earth that happens. He's the perfect illustration of someone they recognize has something to offer, but they don't know how to handle him. Maybe that changes now that someone has knocked on his door. Still, Aleister will always be in the Bray zone of dark characters that have to be approached carefully.