Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

AEW Double or Nothing - 5/25/2019

Recommended Posts

PAC/Page was supposed to face the winner of Jericho/Omega for the title. Presumably that would have been announced the same time they announced the replacement plan (battle royal winner facing the winner of the main event for the title). PAC was supposed to win over Page, and face Omega eventually (explaining the Bucks/Omega vs PAC/Lucha Bros six man tag at FyterFest). But someone, whether it was PAC himself or Dragon Gate, didn't want to drop a clean loss to someone while he's the champion, implying that Omega was going to win against Jericho and eventually be the first AEW champion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hangman said today he is not allowed to wrestle at DON due to injury (PAC).

So I think that means Hangman wrestles in the Casino Battle Royale and wins it because Hangman will argue the Battle Royale is not a part of the DON but just part of the buy-in.

Which means AEW first World Championship Match will be between Hangman Page & Jericho. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't fathom Omega losing in his first match.  Really, Jericho shouldn't lose either but someone has to.  Losses can be ok, and Jericho can still look pretty damn strong if he loses.  I don't really think Page will be in the Battle Royal, and I pretty much expect Moxley to be 21 since it would be the biggest surprise they could pull off for Saturday.  Then, they book Omega/Moxley for All In 2 and spend the months in between giving Moxley wins and propping up Omega too, and Omega wins the belt.  Hands down, Omega should be the first champ, IMO.  Hell, Moxley could win the battle royal, come out and attack Omega after the win, and Jericho could help him and form a bit of an alliance, and then do tags or something until All In.  Jericho/Moxley v. Omega/Cody with Cody taking the fall for Moxley, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is All In 2 or All Out or whatever its gonna be called a PPV? Cuz that'd be the place to crown your first Champion, in the building where it all started. And I'd build the Labor Day Chicago shows up to be my company's verizon of Wresatlemania or Starrcade.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Page/Omega and they turn Page since he's pissed they tried to keep him off the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Is All In 2 or All Out or whatever its gonna be called a PPV? Cuz that'd be the place to crown your first Champion, in the building where it all started. And I'd build the Labor Day Chicago shows up to be my company's verizon of Wresatlemania or Starrcade.  

I still say they should have the crowning on TNT to get a huge visible pop on TV, and leave a great impression for new viewers. It should also be the opening match to hook viewers from the start.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd put Okada at 21  and have him win to face Jericho.  Jericho wins the NJPW title in June and can have a shot to win both belts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TNT is promoting AEW during the NBA playoffs. 

The good:   A lot of eyeballs on this.     

The bad:  Marv Albert can't pronounce the name "Jericho"  because he's old as hell and should have retired years ago.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Big time! 

I just can’t wait until fall to hear Joe Buck have to mention some terrible angle on Smackdown during the World Series. 

Edit: D’oh

Edited by matt925
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

TNT is promoting AEW during the NBA playoffs. 

The good:   A lot of eyeballs on this.     

The bad:  Marv Albert can't pronounce the name "Jericho"  because he's old as hell and should have retired years ago.  

 

How the fuck do you butcher Jericho? I lost interest in the NBA after Stockton and Malone retired, so I haven't heard Marv in years, but I can't imagine how badly he butchers Giannis Antetokounmpo. You know a Greek name is hard when another Greek with a name that gets butchered all the time can't pronounce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, matt925 said:
I just can’t wait until fall to hear Joe Buck have to mention some terrible angle on Smackdown during the World Series. 

Edit: D’oh

That would be a fair punishment for Joe Buck being so terrible.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing makes me less likely to watch a video than the smug self-satisfied face of Jack Whitehall.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How the fuck do you butcher Jericho? I lost interest in the NBA after Stockton and Malone retired, so I haven't heard Marv in years, but I can't imagine how badly he butchers Giannis Antetokounmpo. You know a Greek name is hard when another Greek with a name that gets butchered all the time can't pronounce it.

I tend to tune out Marv as much as possible while watching the Bucks games.  I personally haven't heard him say Antetokounmpo but he's at least passable with the Giannis part (even though everybody's saying the name wrong anyway but that's another story)  But the other guy says it just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cody shit talking Bayley last night was awkward. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Cody shit talking Bayley last night was awkward. 

I assume this was part of one of the Starrcast panels.  What did he say and how did it go over with the crowd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling Bayley fake nice is a bit much.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This guy plays an asshole so very well.  the problem is that I can't tell if he "playing" an asshole or just a fucking jerk.  

Remember one of their executive VP is a heel.  Unless Cody is a terrible good guy.    Hey doesn't that sound familiar to wrestling fans 

 

 

Edited by hammerva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just cause I’m excited. Guess is Hangman and Darby Allin take two of the four spots not yet announced in the Battle Royal but going by the Starrcast II appearance list there’s a huge amount of guys that could be pretty fun. 

Joey Ryan, Booker T, RVD, Jerry Lynn, James Storm, Colt, Shane Helms, etc

Predictions:

Jericho over Omega. Hope Jericho is carrying all the gold on TNT’s debut show.

Cody over Dustin

Lucha Bros over Executive Vice Pussies

Strong Hearts over SCU. Just cause Omega/CIMA is happening in June

Britt Baker over Nyla and Kylie. Not familiar with any of these three. Baker looks like she should be a top heel in the division and Kylie being a top face who seems like AEW’s Bayley type inspirational face chasing the gold.

Angelico and Jack Evans over Best Friends. Think the Blondes are the best AEW Tag Team. 

Hikaru Shida’s Team over Aja Kong’s team. Shida looks like the face of the division from the start and would like to see her in the first Women’s title. Riho is also out of this world adorable. 

Hangman not wrestling on the Double or Nothing show but still walking out a #1 contender.

Sammy G over Kip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Calling Bayley fake nice is a bit much.

I don't think that's what he was saying or rather, how he said it made it sound worse than it probably was. I took it as him hyping up Kylie Rae as being really genuinely nice and not needing shit like inflatable tube men to get that across.

Or, who knows, maybe he had a crappy run in with Bayley. I'm more inclined to think he was just saying Kylie doesn't need all of the other shit to show how nice she is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't think that's what he was saying or rather, how he said it made it sound worse than it probably was. I took it as him hyping up Kylie Rae as being really genuinely nice and not needing shit like inflatable tube men to get that across.

Or, who knows, maybe he had a crappy run in with Bayley. I'm more inclined to think he was just saying Kylie doesn't need all of the other shit to show how nice she is.

It was pointless mentioning Bayley in the first place just to hype up how nice Kylie is.  Unless she has done an excellent job covering up something nefarious I haven't heard anything to indicate her pretending to be nice.  That was a misstep and I wouldn't be surprised if he had to walk that back a little bit.

As for Cody being an asshole I don't believe that to be true.  He's always come across as very generous even when playing a heel in NJ/ROH would have no issue showing his good side on Twitter. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
Edited to reflect what Dewar posted below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"she's not wacky inflatable tube men pretending to be nice". Those were his exact words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bill S. Preston ESQ. said:

Just cause I’m excited. Guess is Hangman and Darby Allin take two of the four spots not yet announced in the Battle Royal but going by the Starrcast II appearance list there’s a huge amount of guys that could be pretty fun. 

Joey Ryan, Booker T, RVD, Jerry Lynn, James Storm, Colt, Shane Helms, etc

 

If we are going to use that standard then I think it is obvious who should win then.  Kenta Kobashi  😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling that he was trying to play to the crowd, but it still comes off a pretty cheap.  Then again, he might still be holding a grudge:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...