DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It would be nice if the shakeup meant that some lower/middle-card people went to NXT.  Past history indicates while it's seen as a demotion by some it does a pretty job in rebuilding those that don't have much going on on Raw/SD.

I've wanted this for years but they just keep adding and adding..   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I will say I didn't appreciate being scoffed at when I brought up Roberts being racist toward Bianca in his TakeOver rant. Work or not, that may have been one of the most boneheaded things I've heard in wrestling and supposedly, NXT is better than that if we listen to the diehards. Someone is to blame for that mess.

I remember that portion of the thread and I agreed with you 100% that it came off as racist and many others agreed it was racist.  Not everyone is going to agree with you about everything, though.  I argue back and forth quite a bit on here,  people have gone so far as to say I have no idea what I'm talking about etc. but at the end of the day we are all mostly here to talk wrestling and sometimes it gets heated.  We are supposed to be able to put differences aside and joke around like nothing happened like brothers and sisters. 

This isn't the first time I've seen someone on here say that Dream would be 205 Live bound. I'm curious as to why some of you have this mindset. He's 6'2" and he weighs well over 205 lbs. You can joke that Murphy is over that limit, but Dream is even bigger than that. Dream would look like a giant on 205 Live and his wrestling style isn't even suited for that show. So when talk comes up for moving Dream to Raw or SDL, why is it that someone inevitably says he'd wind up on 205 Live?

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Undertaker has removed mentions of WWE from his social media profiles (IG & Twitter) and is now taking bookings outside WWE, per WOR. 

I cant imagine that this will amount to anything beyond personal appearances and autograph signings or at most, MAYBE the Kevin Nash indy gimmick where he appears in front of the crowd, and a heel runs in to interrupt the promo to get choke slammed.

But goddamn, even with them being both old and broken down as fuck, if one of those Power Hall shows books Undertaker vs Great Muta, I am booking my flight to Tokyo. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

For a moment I thought you were suggesting the conversation be moved to that thread, which would just be mean for anybody wishing to keep some of their sanity.

The AEW thread has been ruined twice already.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, clintthecrippler said:

I cant imagine that this will amount to anything beyond personal appearances and autograph signings or at most, MAYBE the Kevin Nash indy gimmick where he appears in front of the crowd, and a heel runs in to interrupt the promo to get choke slammed.

That is EXACTLY what MCW does when they're at Joppa.  I know with the likes of Shawn and Nash it was a super long line going on for quite awhile.  I can see not only a line twice as long but the prices being the highest they've charged.  And sad thing is I might end up being one of those schmucks in line.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The AEW thread has been ruined twice already.

That's nothing.

Search the board for "Sasha Banks." Check how many threads go down that track!