DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The 30 day trial applies to your first month of the premium service ($7.99).

The free tier gives you access to all of 2018/2019 Impact except for the latest episode. A week-to-ten-day delay on that. 

Shit, I can't believe it took this long for me to find that out.  But sure as shit it's free.  Wish I knew that before I went through all that hassle with Kodi.

• Like 1

On the one hand I could see why they would advertise the old shows and such to get people to actually pay for the service.  But letting those without Pursuit know they're not totally out of luck watching the shows would have been nice.  At worst there's ads so hopefully they make something off of that.

• Like 1

Trying to catch up on some of the ROH TV episodes. The recent Lifeblood vs. ROH 10-Man Tag was enjoyable for the sheer fact both sides were just having fun: when everyone gets off the apron to let Bandido and Flip do their thing? Neat stuff.

The Aldis/Black NWA World Title match had some really strong pieces, but other spots...not so much. Black hit Camille so damn hard with that dropkick: she went down like a ton of bricks! Ouch. Cabana and Coleman, who I sometimes dislike on commentary, really kept that match going, especially when Coleman was ribbing Cabana that he'd never seen anyone apply a Billy Goat's Curse before.

You've got to figure someone from Lifeblood is taking the World Title from Lethal...the question is which one? I'd assume Bandido or Juice are the front-runners, right?

• Like 1

According to PWInsider, former IMPACT Wrestling Knockouts Champion Madison Rayne has received her release from Ring of Honor.

The report states that there was unhappiness in Rayne’s creative direction and the two sides agreed to go their separate ways. The split is reportedly amicable and Rayne is free to wrestle anywhere she pleases.

Rayne signed a one-year deal with ROH in September of 2018, shortly after appearing in WWE’s second Mae Young Classic Tournament where she fell to Mercedes Martinez in the first round.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:31 AM, Brian Fowler said:

I'd expect Marty or Tavern to be the guy to take the belt from Lethal. Maybe even Flip.

I initially thought that, too. Then the Kingdom and Villain Enterprises started feuding and Jay destroyed Matt's fake belt and seemed to be kinda done with him...

For how long she's been around and could offer the younger women, Madison would be a great pick up for AEW.

In fact, Mercedes Martinez would also be a great pick up for AEW. I've been disappointed she was in the MYC twice and didn't get signed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I initially thought that, too. Then the Kingdom and Villain Enterprises started feuding and Jay destroyed Matt's fake belt and seemed to be kinda done with him...

I'm holding out hope Marty wins the title at MSG, where I'll be in full plague doctor costume.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jay Lethal destroying Matt Taven's bogus world title on this week's show was highly enjoyable. 

I dunno, that bogus title grew on me.  Loved the purple strap that went with it and I was kind of bummed seeing that get destroyed.  Hopefully they make another one for Taven to keep at home.  And considering they were in Atlanta I'm not sure why The Kingdom had a fair amount of fans there.  I'm guessing they drove down from the Northeast and know the three.  If not that then color me perplexed.

Also, for those with Xfinity anybody else getting a lot of repeats recorded?  I set it so I only get new episodes but I keep having to remove 8 other recordings that have the past couple weeks worth of shows on there.  It's getting annoying and at this point I might forego that and stick with the Fite replays.

I don’t get why they introduced the fake title to start a feud between Lethal-Taven, seemingly walked away from the feud, went back to it, cooled it off, then have it randomly destroyed at the end of a TV show with no real buildup.  It seems entirely too easy to have built to a “double” World Title match that Lethal wins, thrn destroys the fake title afterwards.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

At least they finally found a good use for Vinny's stupid axe. 

Just wait until they air the TK O'Ryan Home Run Derby in a few weeks.

• Like 1