DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

9 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Several of his matches with Joey Janela are on youtube from Beyond Wrestling including his No Rope Barbed Wire match with him. 

I watched his match from Beyond vs. Timothy Thatcher w/Tessa Blanchard in Starr's corner.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I don't think it would burn a bridge, and if Cody crashed and burned WWE would take him back.   Vince probably respects Cody a lot now.

ROH is never going to grow beyond a certain point due to Sinclair's goals for ROH (cheap programming). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Maybe if you wore better trunks?

It's obvious Sinclair is paying him like crap, so he can only afford tights that cover half of his junk.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Silas will end up being tossed into the Honor Rumble, and probably eliminated first because of his comments.

It seems really obvious for Bully Ray's opponent to be Flip Gordon, but I'm hoping that's not the direction they go. Flip beat Bully at Final Battle, so that should have ended the feud. I really hope Bully calls out Minoru Suzuki because he wants to see who the tougher of the two is. I want to see Suzuki take everything Bully has, and give him that sinister smile saying "That's the best you've got?".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

I, admittedly, don't watch any CMLL so should I be excited that Caristico and Soberano Jr. are doing the Pittsburgh/Columbus weekend next month? Any matches online worth going out of my way to watch? Caristico is Mistico, correct?

Soberano Jr. is one of the brightest prospects in CMLL, so yea (is he still considered a prospect?). I haven't been following CMLL too much this past year or so, but am I right that the buzz has weakened for Soberano in that time frame? Caristico is Mistico/original Sin Cara, yeah. He is still pretty fun imo but again, I don't watch on the regular anymore and he probably does a lot of the same shit every match.

Edited by Oyaji

For a guy who wrestled wearing some sort of back support Dalton Castle took some foolhardy bumps during this weeks opening contest.

Willie Mack is a lot of fun to watch wrestle. For a bigger guy he is deceptively agile and he hits . alot of cool shit in this match. Also it's cool to see the NWA name being taking serious and not a punchline anymore.

What are they gonna do with Coast To Coast? They pinned War Machine and then nothing. Now they are in the Main Event and take the L against two single wrestlers teaming up. Shouldn't they have been Tag Champs by now?

4 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

For a guy who wrestled wearing some sort of back support Dalton Castle took some foolhardy bumps during this weeks opening contest.

Willie Mack is a lot of fun to watch wrestle. For a bigger guy he is deceptively agile and he hits . alot of cool shit in this match. Also it's cool to see the NWA name being taking serious and not a punchline anymore.

What are they gonna do with Coast To Coast? They pinned War Machine and then nothing. Now they are in the Main Event and take the L against two single wrestlers teaming up. Shouldn't they have been Tag Champs by now?

Coast to Coast will eventually leave for greener pastures and it will continue to show just how awful Delirious is as head booker.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

59 minutes ago, Dewar said:

I think Coast to Coast is brutal, and them pinning War Machine was a farce when it happened.

I think they've got potential. Speaking of War Machine/Raiders, I just can't get into them. I should like them because they're hosses that fairly agile. Maybe because Harper and Rowan did a somewhat similar gimmick and did it better than they did, and I've been on the Brodie Lee/Luke Harper fan bus for a long time. I hope UE gets the tag titles back soon. They had such a good title run. I feel like their worst match was with the War Raiders, and it wasn't because of O'Reilly and Strong.

I don't really understand how Coast to Coast eventually leaving will show that Delirious is bad booker. They are average at best tag team and there is no reason why they should get a win over RoH' world champ and one of the mid-upper card guys.

Honestly they are lucky that they were brought back after their previous dreadful run.

57 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Why the fuck is Kelly Klein getting a third match with Mayu? Do they have no other women on the roster?

Not really.

Karen Q.- in nxt

Britt Baker- AEW

Madison Rayne- back to Impact

They have the Twisted Sisterz. I like them a lot. They still have Sumie. Tenille is still out. That's about it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

11 hours ago, Archibald said:

I don't really understand how Coast to Coast eventually leaving will show that Delirious is bad booker. They are average at best tag team and there is no reason why they should get a win over RoH' world champ and one of the mid-upper card guys.

Honestly they are lucky that they were brought back after their previous dreadful run.

ROH's track record of under utilized guys leaving and going on to better things isn't good, and most of that has to fall on your booking. Maybe Coast to Coast eventually leave and they get better than what they are. Maybe they don't.