DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not really.

Karen Q.- in nxt

Britt Baker- AEW

Madison Rayne- back to Impact

They have the Twisted Sisterz. I like them a lot. They still have Sumie. Tenille is still out. That's about it.

Why don't they use twisted Sisterz? Mayu is familiar with them.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Kinda makes you wonder why they have the title then...

Oh well.

They had more women when they made the title.

The changing landscape definitely threw some wrenches in the WOH title scene. I knew, but feared, they were going with a Klein rematch.

Not that I feel Mandy should be in the title picture, but what's her status? Is she injured? Is she just hanging around as a TV personality now? 

1 hour ago, caley said:

Also it was mentioned on TV, I believe, that Sakai is out with a concussion which is why she has been managing recently 

Sakai is in a dark match with Hana against Kagetsu & Hazuki.

Edited by Eivion

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:54 PM, AverageKong said:

The changing landscape definitely threw some wrenches in the WOH title scene. I knew, but feared, they were going with a Klein rematch.

Not that I feel Mandy should be in the title picture, but what's her status? Is she injured? Is she just hanging around as a TV personality now? 

According to cagematch, Leon has not had a match since the Jericho Cruise, which was her only match since March 2018.

22 hours ago, Dewar said:

According to cagematch, Leon has not had a match since the Jericho Cruise, which was her only match since March 2018.

Leon hasn't been traveling with ROH. It's a decision made more on her part. Sakai was written out but she actually had some sort of flu that nobody wanted to catch lol. She's easing back into things with that dark tag. Although I'm not sure why they threw Kel back into the title picture, except for familiarity.

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

That's almost a death blow for their women's division if she leaves. I'm sure she would have won the women's title if not for her psoriasis flare up and dislocation, torn labrum and fracture of her shoulder.

Its definitely a loss, but Tenille's absence due to health kinda makes her irrelevant when looking at what issues there are with the division overall. I agree that there's talent out there, I also agree that the booking and company could be a little more focused and supportive of the product. Hopefully she does make it to AEW and we see the door open for someone else in ROH. I think they can keep the wheels turning with Klein, Mayu, Sumie, Jenny, and Mandy until they can bring in a fresh face or big draw. 

5 hours ago, J.H. said:

Man there are so many free agent women wrestelrs out there ROH could be using yet don't. Hell a lot of them even have international experience

James

Who in particular would you have in mind? Besides Hudson I mean...

Veterans like Mercedes Martinez, Cheerleader Melissa, and Madison Eagles would help bump the ring quality up.

Along with Hudson Envy there is Nicole Savoy, Kimber Lee, Thunder Rosa, Ariel Munroe, and Sonya Strong that I think would fit in with the ROH product.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AverageKong said:

Veterans like Mercedes Martinez, Cheerleader Melissa, and Madison Eagles would help bump the ring quality up.

Along with Hudson Envy there is Nicole Savoy, Kimber Lee, Thunder Rosa, Ariel Munroe, and Sonya Strong that I think would fit in with the ROH product.

Thunder Rosa has been working ROH with Holidead as the Twisted Sisterz. I'd love to see Kimber Lee in ROH. She got a pretty raw deal from the 'E. I definitely agree with veterans like Madison Eagles, Mercedes Martinez, and Cheerleader Melissa.

I thought Dalton Castle did a great job on commentary this week.  Like he got into depth about using your hips and wrestling technique that was leagues above any English language wrestling commentary I’ve heard in years.  

• Like 2

On 4/1/2019 at 12:03 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thunder Rosa has been working ROH with Holidead as the Twisted Sisterz. I'd love to see Kimber Lee in ROH. She got a pretty raw deal from the 'E. I definitely agree with veterans like Madison Eagles, Mercedes Martinez, and Cheerleader Melissa.

Is Jenny Rose any good?  I don't know anything about her, but she trains at my BJJ academy and she is a nice person.

I love Kimber Lee, but it seems like she doesn't want to be held back by a "women's division". She's always been a big fixture in Chikara and I think that's how she likes it.

16 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Is Jenny Rose any good?  I don't know anything about her, but she trains at my BJJ academy and she is a nice person.

I haven't seen her non-ROH stuff but she seems to work really hard in her matches and I generally like them.  Can't say she's one of my favorites but can't recall many (if any)  bad matches.