DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

Tangential ROH news

Sinclair is buying the YES Network (don't get me started)

This most likely means ROH will air on YES so it gives them a regular spot in NY and basically the Northeast

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Tangential ROH news

Sinclair is buying the YES Network (don't get me started)

This most likely means ROH will air on YES so it gives them a regular spot in NY and basically the Northeast

It's actually a combination of the Yankees, Amazon, and Sinclair, but yeah,.  It's lead to other fans screaming that the Yankees couldn't go after overpriced FA's but can buy the Network back.

Edited by Raziel

I think we’re getting to close to either A) A Dalton Castle heel turn or B) A Dalton Castle departure.  Both announcers went out of their way to suggest Castle was inside his own head, disappointed and struggling.  I really hope it’s neither of those (Though I would LOVE a Castle-Velveteen Dream showdown) but it was quite the burial on commentary 

9 hours ago, caley said:

I think we’re getting to close to either A) A Dalton Castle heel turn or B) A Dalton Castle departure.  Both announcers went out of their way to suggest Castle was inside his own head, disappointed and struggling.  I really hope it’s neither of those (Though I would LOVE a Castle-Velveteen Dream showdown) but it was quite the burial on commentary 

The Ospreay match was bad over in Japan.   He needs six months off at this point.

• Like 1

This week's tv was alright. The opening tag was a lot of fun. See below for my comments on PCO. I'm almost scared to see what he does at the ppv this weekend with the equally crazy Briscoes. The WOH match was pretty "eh" and the last two minutes or so featured some miscommunication that was pretty bad. Iwatani vs. Klein could be good depending on how they structure the match. Iwatani's moonsault is very pretty. Is that a Stardom thing? It's just as good looking as Io's, I thought. Main event was okay. Castle needs some time off. He's gone from a performer I thought was on the verge of breaking out to just a guy. The act feels a bit tired at this point and like a few guys noted, his work is suffering under the weight of injuries. I'd love for him to take some time off to heal up and then come back to a massive pop at a big show. 

On 3/10/2019 at 9:43 AM, Hail Sabin said:

Man that Swanton Bump onto the ring apron and Chair had to SUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK for PCO! 

This ROH run is the first stuff I'm seeing of PCO's indie run and it leads me to believe that this man is insane. I get that he's probably going as hard as he can to stack some cash up in a few years but man, I hope it's worth it. 

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HumanChessgame said:

I haven't been following ROH as closely as I normally have the past month or two. Are PCO and Marty's crew supposed to be faces?

Yes. They faced off with The Kingdom in their first appearance together; and PCO & Brody King are challenging the Briscoes for the tag titles at the 17th Anniversary show tomorrow. There was really no way to treat them as heels. Marty is one of, if not the most over guy in ROH. PCO came in as one of the most over indy acts. I think it would have been dumb to try and treat them as heels.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

He was never really interested in working heel, anyways. Much like the rest of Bullet Club, he cared more about popping the crowd.

In the US at least. They definitely turned up the heel antics in Japan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't regret letting my Honor Club VIP subscription, but I do wish it had had one more week on it, because holy fuck tonight's ppv sounds fascinating.

I'm thinking about getting the replay. I have one concern about the tag title match, however.

Spoiler

PCO & Brody King likely only won the titles to protect the Briscoes from losing to GoD. It's bad enough GoD half ass it in New Japan. Can you imagine them sleepwalking through an ROH tag title reign? I really hope I'm wrong, but we know how Delirious is Gedo's bitch.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

14 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm more interested in them kicking it old school ROH in the world title match.

There was another title vs. title match announced, which spoils the outcome of a New Japan Cup match that hasn't occured yet.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie