DVDVR Message Board

2019 Ring Of Honor Thread

Peck

I thought the Lifeblood debut was rather “lifeless”.  I think it would’ve been better to have a couple wrestlers team up on Juice only for the lights to go out and come back on to reveal Lifeblood in the ring.  This was kinda the most blah way to debut them.  It didn’t even really get much of a reaction 

9 hours ago, AverageKong said:

I like the gatekeeper nickname lol. 

It's not that it's a bad nickname, it's that, in wrestling, gatekeeper is the person who sits in between the midcard and the main event. The person who wins a lot of matches, but doesn't get the belt, and puts over someone who is about to get a title shot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caley said:

I thought the Lifeblood debut was rather “lifeless”.  I think it would’ve been better to have a couple wrestlers team up on Juice only for the lights to go out and come back on to reveal Lifeblood in the ring.  This was kinda the most blah way to debut them.  It didn’t even really get much of a reaction 

Villain Enterprises had the better of the debuts.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's not that it's a bad nickname, it's that, in wrestling, gatekeeper is the person who sits in between the midcard and the main event. The person who wins a lot of matches, but doesn't get the belt, and puts over someone who is about to get a title shot.

I thought that was called a Stone Pitbull.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'm watching the Villain Enterprises six man from this week's show and Marty and PCO hit the Quebecers Boston crab/leg drop combo. What an awesome throwback, and it gave me goosebumps.

Center Stage looks great for this show. It looks full and the crowd is into it.

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Villain Enterprises had the better of the debuts.

Definitely helps that VE got to engage in some physicality immediately. Lifeblood? Woof. Nothin'. Swing and a miss. 

Wake me up when they finally decide to engage in some tasty, tasty faction wars. I assume Juice's love of HONOR means he despises the undead, right? There's nothing HONORable about reanimated corpses or... whatever's going on there.

Juice's problem in ROH is that he's having to be a dominant ace, when he's best as a sympathetic babyface.  New Japan Juice is a lot better than ROH Juice where he gets used properly and doesn't have to do too much.  If Juice wants to take the next step he's going to have to develop some more vicious offense.

• Like 2

I just find it odd that Juice literally went straight from a feud with Cody where Juice's argument was that the IWGP United States title should be defended on NJPW shows, instead of spending his time in other companies, and then Juice, immediately after regaining the belt, starts looking like a regular in ROH.

I mean, I know he was in the US to pump up the New Beginning USA tour, and will likely be back in Jahan soon, but it's just strange. Especially since he just started a faction in ROH.

Finally this is going down. And they have options here. If Lethal retains then doing Lethal/Scurll sounds like an obvious path. But if Taven wins then Taven/Rush sounds likely as well.

Or maybe they try to do 4-way? Taven either cheats or rolls up to win the title, Lethal naturally wants a rematch. Scurll has title shot and he doesn't want to wait any longer for it. Rush is well, who cares, if Rush wants a title shot you give him one because he is Rush. If Scurll is on his way out then he probably gets pinned in that 4-way.

But if it was up to me I'd go with Taven/Rush.

• Like 1

Watched the 6 man from this last weekends show and I must admit this is my first glimpse of PCO and holy shit is he awesome. Dude has the half man half machine gimmick down pat. The wild eye look the robot walk towards the ring I was hooked before the bell. And at 50 that guy takes bumps that a 25 year old might  2nd guess about. Good for him for being able to get around like that at his age and congratulations for the career recurrence from what I've seen it was well deserved.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Watched the 6 man from this last weekends show and I must admit this is my first glimpse of PCO and holy shit is he awesome. Dude has the half man half machine gimmick down pat. The wild eye look the robot walk towards the ring I was hooked before the bell. And at 50 that guy takes bumps that a 25 year old might  2nd guess about. Good for him for being able to get around like that at his age and congratulations for the career recurrence from what I've seen it was well deserved.  

I suggest watching the youtube videos of PCO and Destro; really entertaining stuff. The gimmick is Destro is Dr. Frankenstein and PCO is the monster. Carl Oulette died, Destro dug up his body, and brought him back to life. You also need to see PCO vs. Walter from WM weekend last year, which is the match that put PCO back on the map. There's also a PCO documentary on youtube, which is worth checking out.

10 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Shit, that would almost make me want to put a pause on my "Not buying ROH stuff anymore" stance so I can check that out.  If it ends up being as amazing as I think it'll be then I'll have to look it up.

I just subscribed to Honor Club. I already subscribe to WWE Network and New Japan World, so I figured why not add another $10 a month. There's stuff I want to see like PCO & Brody King winning Tag Wars and I won't have to spend $40 on the Anniversary show on Fite TV.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I suggest watching the youtube videos of PCO and Destro; really entertaining stuff. The gimmick is Destro is Dr. Frankenstein and PCO is the monster. Carl Oulette died, so Destro dug up his body, and brought him back to life. You also need to see PCO vs. Walter from WM weekend last year, which is the match that put PCO back on the map. There's also a PCO documentary on youtube, which is worth checking out.

That sounds amazing, Destro should have gotten a job as PCO’s handler within VE

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I just subscribed to Honor Club. I already subscribe to WWE Network and New Japan World, so I figured why not add another $10 a month. There's stuff I want to see like PCO & Brody King winning Tag Wars and I won't have to spend $40 on the Anniversary show on Fite TV.

It's not a money issue but more a Sinclair issue.  If you check the posts from June after BITW you'll see what I mean.  Besides, I'm good with subscribing to WWE and NJ's networks as is and don't feel like adding another service.  If I were to get another one it might be GWN so I can catch up on Impact.  Zeus knows they could use my $8 a month.

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's not a money issue but more a Sinclair issue.  If you check the posts from June after BITW you'll see what I mean.  Besides, I'm good with subscribing to WWE and NJ's networks as is and don't feel like adding another service.  If I were to get another one it might be GWN so I can catch up on Impact.  Zeus knows they could use my $8 a month.

He's robbing houses, so I'd say he does.

• Haha 2