DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 GIFS THREAD

Guest Edwin

Horace got GOT his entire career. Poor guy. Career ended on what seems to be a failed extended tryout for WWE Smackdown in 2002.

1    17.09.2002    World Wrestling Entertainment    Dark: Mark Henry & Mark Jindrak defeat Bull Buchanan & Horace Hogan
WWE Velocity #18 - Dark Match @ World Arena in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
2    16.09.2002    World Wrestling Entertainment    Batista, Hardcore Holly & Mark Henry defeat Bull Buchanan, Horace Hogan & Reverend D-Von
WWE SmackDown House Show - House Show @ E Center in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
3    10.09.2002    World Wrestling Entertainment    Dark: The Big Valbowski defeats Horace Hogan
WWE Velocity #17 - Dark Match @ Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
4    09.09.2002    World Wrestling Entertainment    Horace Hogan, John Cena & The Big Valbowski defeat Albert, Bull Buchanan & Mike Awesome
WWE SmackDown House Show - House Show @ Midwest Wireless Center in Mankato, Minnesota, USA
5    08.09.2002    World Wrestling Entertainment    Bull Buchanan, Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Tajiri defeat Horace Hogan, John Cena & Mark Henry
WWE SmackDown House Show - House Show @ Gund Arena in Cleveland, Ohio, USA
6    07.09.2002    World Wrestling Entertainment    Bull Buchanan defeats Horace Hogan
WWE SmackDown House Show - House Show @ MCI Center in Washington, District Of Columbia, USA

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Kudo/Oz rules but I still stand by Kudo/Combat as thee standard bearer for all Joshi death matches. Fucking harrowing, that one.

Thanx for the tag I'll check that later

EDIT: and thank you Rippa for the other tag! Got a lot to watch tonight...

Megumi Kudo, ultimate badass. Still can't understand why she married Bad Boy HIDO of all people, but nothing but respect for the real queen of the deathmatch

9 hours ago, El Dragon said:

thanks i hate it

I usually don't mind a little arcade style wrestling but that was just too fucking much.  As soon as Hiromu ducked a kick he could not have conceivably known was coming, I was done.

Like, fuck, I can understand "don't hate Ospreay based on a gif."  But it's getting harder not to.

17 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Booker T was heck of dangerous coming off the top between that and the Harlem Hangover.

I think the big issue was that he was (and still is) a pretty big fucking dude to be so agile. There's only so safe you can be when you're a 6'2 or 6'3, 240-250lb brickhouse coming down off the top rope. Not to say he shouldn't have been more careful but it's gotta be tough to minimize that sort of impact.

I remember Scorpio crushing dudes with his 450 and that Tumbleweed legdrop too. I've heard the same issues about RVD too. Those guys are super agile but deceptively big so no matter how careful they are on some things, there's gonna be a big impact. 

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I've never seen him NOT splatter someone with the Rolling Thunder. Funny how a guy who can barely work a kick has some of the shittiest punches ever, though.

Van Dam's hands are mostly educated when it came to rolling joints and building bongs. Punching, not so much.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

I remember Scorpio crushing dudes with his 450 and that Tumbleweed legdrop too. I've heard the same issues about RVD too. Those guys are super agile but deceptively big so no matter how careful they are on some things, there's gonna be a big impact. 

See also: Hardy, Jeff. Although he's admitted to not really pulling back these days.

19 hours ago, Ryan said:

5    08.09.2002    World Wrestling Entertainment    Bull Buchanan, Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Tajiri defeat Horace Hogan, John Cena & Mark Henry

In fairness, look at the three on the left.  Look at the three on the right.  Take the best on the left and the worst on the right...this is an argument?

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s so rare to see a clean pinfall in Pre-Misawa Army All Japan. Especially one that doesn’t have a wrestler kicking out 0.1 second after the three count.

Yeah, it's the one thing that always irked me about that group despite the 80s version of AJPW probably being my ideal representation of wrestling. It really hurt the formation of and early defences of the Triple Crown IMO.

• Like 1