DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 GIFS THREAD

Guest Edwin

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I forget... What was the reason that Raven got to be a part of a few ad campaigns for WCW's licenced products during that period?

The person in charge of whatever for marketing was a really big fan of his. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Raven was a big star around that time, he's said himself that he considered himself (along with Jericho) as the biggest star underneath the glass ceiling, and I agree with him.

I remember him saying that the biggest reason he left was that he felt that there was a very rigid top 10 in WCW and a bunch of guys like him, Booker, Benoit, Eddy, Jericho were fighting for #11. He felt that he was in his prime and was pretty over so that he should've been in that top 10. Bischoff ran an idea past him where he was going to work with the KISS Demon and be involved with Gene Simmons. Raven thought, "oh that could be cool" but then Bischoff kept going and said that it would end up that they'd all be puppets of Dustin Rhodes' "Seven" character or something like that and Raven said fuck it.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2018 at 10:53 AM, cwoy2j said:

I remember him saying that the biggest reason he left was that he felt that there was a very rigid top 10 in WCW and a bunch of guys like him, Booker, Benoit, Eddy, Jericho were fighting for #11. He felt that he was in his prime and was pretty over so that he should've been in that top 10. Bischoff ran an idea past him where he was going to work with the KISS Demon and be involved with Gene Simmons. Raven thought, "oh that could be cool" but then Bischoff kept going and said that it would end up that they'd all be puppets of Dustin Rhodes' "Seven" character or something like that and Raven said fuck it.

The only people I'd accept Raven not being in control over are Florida era-Kevin Sullivan and 1991-92 Jake Roberts. They were the ultimate evil.

Supposedly, Taker shot down having Raven work with him. It was during that time Taker was working with Jeff Hardy and Raven came out and handcuffed Hardy to the ropes. The rumor goes that Taker thought needing someone's assistance made him look weak. BikerTaker through present day sad, old cripple is a selfish bastard. Fuck him. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

BikerTaker through present day sad, old cripple is a selfish bastard. Fuck him. 

Well if you think about it, that's the first bit of his career(since he became the Undertaker anyway) that he was actually expected to sell for his opponents. Up until that point, he was doing the whole indestructible deal.