DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2018 GIFS THREAD

Guest Edwin

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I was confused. But now I figure you're not talking about Jay Lethal's move:

But probably some bad Diamond Cutter variation someone else does.

I didn't know that was ever called the Lethal Injection. The Lethal Injection I know, and probably most others here, is the handspring cutter.

21 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

How did he get over? Was it from the time Nash and Hall gave him a t-shirt, which he accepted, and then hit the diamond cutter on Hall? Was that what lit the fuse?

And fuck the Lethal Injection, I'd straight up refuse to take or sell that move.

One thing that helped was that he dropped a lot of the ga-ga and gimmicks he had and sort of stripped his character down to his real life personality. Page credits guys like Dusty, Larry Z and some others for telling him to lose all of the crap he would bring to the ring with him. At one point he had a bodyguard, a cigar, a hot valet who would hold up signs for him, wacky sunglasses, a shiny coat and a gimmick where he had boatloads of money from winning Bingo of all things. While all that flash is nice and gets you noticed, it was hard to take him seriously until he dropped most of that and became more relatable. The Diamond Cutter kept him over long enough to be able to drop a lot of that and find a character and storylines that the fans could actually sink their teeth into.

• Like 1

There was a time you could see 3-5 Lethal Injections on one damn PWG show it seemed like. Lethal was not even on said show. Same with rolls into cutters or ddts and a bunch of other common indy things that get overdone when guys don't watch each other's matches on the same show. 14 lungblowers, 8 double stomps, 3 curb stomps and 17 cutters later someone does a piledriver and the drunks go "oooooh.....".

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’ve seen it in retro shops, and thinking of getting it just for completionist sake. I mean I own those awful All Star Wrestling games made by Square.

Those games were so great for their time! Graphics were incredible, each guy had so many unique animations, and the actual gameplay while not perfect was very good compared to the majority of their peers.

And how can you hate a game with the wonderful Hakata Star Lanes venue?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Those games were so great for their time! Graphics were incredible, each guy had so many unique animations, and the actual gameplay while not perfect was very good compared to the majority of their peers.

And how can you hate a game with the wonderful Hakata Star Lanes venue?

That’s true... Star Lanes is a very underrated wrestling building.

But I could never understand the controls. ....And while it looked beautiful, the long animations coupled with the confusing mechanics really dragged it down.