DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Becky's Broken Face - 11/13/2018

Dolfan in NYC

This is perfect for Bryan. Whether he’s cheered or not, this was a needed character reset he almost certainly wanted, and—Lesnar match aside—it should make it easier for him to work a safer style. Oh, and he’s champion. Quite the punishment for his Crown Jewel protest.

• Like 5

Bryan was being cheered leading up to WrestleMania that year but a lot of it is the traveling crowds going "Yes! this is one of OURS.."  and then he loses in quick fashion to a WWE guy (Sheamus) and the rest is history.  Some people were absolutely booing him and his treatment towards AJ Lee.   Bryan was not receiving these overwhelming face savior reactions until after fans felt he was being screwed over by creative. 

I was hoping the Smackdown world title program going into Mania would feature the perennial underdog Bryan going after monster heel champ Samoa Joe. Now the thought of douche heel champ Bryan fending off long time fan favorite trying for one last big title victory Rey has me not being totally pessimistic.

Bryan winning the belt and turning heel is the most weird thing done in a while, but also the most interesting thing done with Bryan since his return. He has been stale for a good while now so I think this is a good change. Now Brock vs. Bryan seems like a fucking terrible idea, but we will see what happens. I really hope Brock tones down suplex city and goes for all of the various more interesting shit he is quite capable of.

Its amazing and sad how even with guys like the Colons who only come around once or twice year, SDL's tag division comes across as so much better than Raw's for this SS match.

Charlotte getting picked by Becky is interesting. I'm hoping this means they realize Becky vs. Ronda is where the money is at for WM. Otherwise its odd that they are giving away one of the WM main events already. I'm glad Becky hasn't been stripped of the belt yet. Hopefully the injuries aren't as bad as feared and she can keep it. It she does have to drop it down the line they really need to give it to a heel Asuka.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I don't get these responses at all.  Even as a heel, the fans cheered Bryan. Literally his career was made at WM28 AS A HEEL.  You guys thinking that Miz is now the face or that the fans are going to be booing the shit out of Bryan against Lesnar.  Seriously, who are you people?  This is literally a reboot of the Becky Lynch turn

...the Becky Lynch turn was a reboot of the D Bry "yes" movement deal.  D Bry now for likely several reasons has cooled off tremendously, it is likely that a majority of the crowd will go along with it.

Now... the possibility of Daniel Bryan being refreshed and performing well as a heel may over time win the crowd over and get him cheered by most again is very real and I would not be surprised in the least if that happens at some point down the road.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I was hoping the Smackdown world title program going into Mania would feature the perennial underdog Bryan going after monster heel champ Samoa Joe. Now the thought of douche heel champ Bryan fending off long time fan favorite trying for one last big title victory Rey has me not being totally pessimistic.

Tonight feels great, but don’t get carried away. We aren’t getting that many nice things.

It’s gonna be fiery babyface Rumble winner Seth Rollins. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Does Miz become a face? Does he turn after Bryan bullies him incessantly? Face Miz vs Heel Bryan at Wrestlemania?

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Miz should never, ever be a face again. 

At first I thought this would make Miz a defacto face, buuuuuuut history shows he can't be one.

What about third option? Miz stays heel but teams up/befriends D-Bry saying he taught him everything he knew, etc. It could even be one sided, that D-Bry doesn't admit that Miz is right but admits he's turned a new leaf. I could see promise in that. I think I'd actually like to see them working together.

Also, why was John Cone is a suit tonight? He's not a ref on Raw anymore?

32 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Tonight feels great, but don’t get carried away. We aren’t getting that many nice things.

It’s gonna be fiery babyface Rumble winner Seth Rollins. 

Pair that with a Liv Morgan win in the Women's Rumble and I'll be super happy.

I might be missing something here but is there a particular reason why just went super swerve tonight? Did Styles have some kind of wellness violation? He's not even on the Survivor Series card now, right?

It's been a really strange few weeks since Reigns announced he had leukemia and relinquished the title, then the Ambrose heel turn, the will they/won't they of flying to Saudi Arabia, Cena and Bryan dropping out,  putting the title on Lesnar, and now tonight's show. Lots of seemingly on the fly booking.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

At first I thought this would make Miz a defacto face, buuuuuuut history shows he can't be one.

What about third option? Miz stays heel but teams up/befriends D-Bry saying he taught him everything he knew, etc. It could even be one sided, that D-Bry doesn't admit that Miz is right but admits he's turned a new leaf. I could see promise in that. I think I'd actually like to see them working together.

Also, why was John Cone is a suit tonight? He's not a ref on Raw anymore?

I like option 4.

Bryan and Miz are kept far apart for a long while and the supposed creative team comes up with something new because Bryan and Miz programmed together has been driven into the ground.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swiftian said:

I might be missing something here but is there a particular reason why just went super swerve tonight? Did Styles have some kind of wellness violation? He's not even on the Survivor Series card now, right?

It's been a really strange few weeks since Reigns announced he had leukemia and relinquished the title, then the Ambrose heel turn, the will they/won't they of flying to Saudi Arabia, Cena and Bryan dropping out,  putting the title on Lesnar, and now tonight's show. Lots of seemingly on the fly booking.

AJ maybe injured? WWE trying to make up for the most hyped match at Survivor Series not happening with two big first time matches? Styles perhaps now takes Bryan's spot in the traditional Survivor Series matches?

Is AJ taking time off? Is he injured? Either of those would really suck. I want him on my tv every Tuesday.

We can debate whether or not the title switch should have happened now, but DB is CLEARLY better as a heel, so I like the move. Gonna be uber pissed if Brock injures him though.

Assuming he's not injured, AJ has to win the Rumble now, right?

If they wanna hot shot the Horsewomen v Horsewomen for Mania then The Man should roll into NXT Takeover & jump Shayna.

Becky Lynch is the best thing in WWE, and maybe all of wrestling, right now.

Heel Bryan is fun. I just hate how many low blows are getting thrown in AJ matches this year.

Would have loved to see “I have until 5” return tonight.

• Like 2