DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Becky's Broken Face - 11/13/2018

Dolfan in NYC

31 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

- As Casey mentioned - Becky/Ronda is now the plan for Mania and Dave thinks its penciled in as the Main Event. At a minimum it will be pushed as one of the two big matches.

Amazing the huge turnaround in Becky's fortunes. Nobody would have predicted Becky Lynch in the main event if WrestleMania. Hopefully this plan sticks.  Lass Kicker deserves it for staying over despite losing the big ones and since attacking Charlotte Flair after SummerSlam, Becky has become the hottest star in WWE. 

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Basically the one way they can screw this up with Bulletproof Becky.

Reveal hidden contents

9294295a1021c94df432819582ed6fcf_600_450

Fuckity Fuck.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

Also, the maroon gear makes me think of Pete Dunne now. 

Oooooh, imagine that match now. Dickhead Pete Dunne vs dickhead Daniel Bryan. 

Please! Take all my money right now!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Craig H said:

The Seahawks gear just makes him more of a heel. Honestly, we should have seen this coming. 

Fuck the 12th man and fuck Pete Carroll too. 

Woah Pete Carroll is out of touch and needs to step down I'll give you that but fuck the 12th man? I'm a 12th man.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Well no shit. I already said right when SDL ended that WWE will just do the "no explanation" explanation for the heel turn. Then not even an hour later "why Daniel, why?" DB - no response. 

You may be putting some of your baggage with creative on a 15 second video. 

In classic Daniel Bryan fashion, we all need to wait and see. 

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You may be putting some of your baggage with creative on a 15 second video. 

In classic Daniel Bryan fashion, we all need to wait and see. 

I hope it's a redux of Bob Backlund 1994. But with concussions. 

The CTE made him snap and do this. 

.....and then once he drops the title, bring in Papa Shango to possess him. Bryan and Papa Shango as a low card tag team would be all the money.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, RIShane said:

Its very easy to undo that if they want though, with Becky let down by Charlotte losing to Ronda this weekend.

Even then, I could see the point of it in kayfabe, if only because Becky got everything she wanted in kayfabe from Charlotte.

Becky fell out with Charlotte because she felt like she was disrespected, her competitive juices flew, and she finally had to prove she was better than Charlotte and deserved to be the champion.

She beat Charlotte, a few times, and finally proved she was better and deserved to be on top. In kayfabe, Becky Lynch got everything she wanted- she wanted the title, she wanted to prove she could beat Charlotte Flair, and she did both of those things. Becky had no reason to hate Charlotte after that. (If anything, it's CHARLOTTE who shouldn't have been happy with that.) 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Even then, I could see the point of it in kayfabe, if only because Becky got everything she wanted in kayfabe from Charlotte.

Becky fell out with Charlotte because she felt like she was disrespected, her competitive juices flew, and she finally had to prove she was better than Charlotte and deserved to be the champion.

She beat Charlotte, a few times, and finally proved she was better and deserved to be on top. In kayfabe, Becky Lynch got everything she wanted- she wanted the title, she wanted to prove she could beat Charlotte Flair, and she did both of those things. Becky had no reason to hate Charlotte after that. (If anything, it's CHARLOTTE who shouldn't have been happy with that.) 

I agree, though Becky in her kayfabe social media and interviews after Evolution had been continuing to act like a jerk towards Charlotte (acting angry that a billboard in London had both of them on it rather than just herself, or saying on SDL that only she was the one who deserved to main event Evolution, for instance), as befits her character. While they've obviously had to change plans due to the injury, it could well end up fitting the crisis-of-confidence/self-doubt story they were running for Charlotte anyway.