DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Becky's Broken Face - 11/13/2018

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

He needs to bring back the maroon gear now. Not because him wearing lime green is really weird, I swear

Shaving the beard, or at least trimming a lot off and a haircut would also help transport us back to 2005-2006 ROH world champion, Bryan Danielson.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

He needs to bring back the maroon gear now. Not because him wearing lime green is really weird, I swear

I miss the maroon gear. To me that's Daniel Bryan, William Regal and Bradford City. Maroon is the only bright colour I wear. Black is my usual garb. 

That's the Fashion Files report done with ;).

27 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I love his Seahawks gear. Shrug

The Seahawks gear just makes him more of a heel. Honestly, we should have seen this coming. 

Fuck the 12th man and fuck Pete Carroll too. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I don't get these responses at all.  Even as a heel, the fans cheered Bryan. Literally his career was made at WM28 AS A HEEL.  You guys thinking that Miz is now the face or that the fans are going to be booing the shit out of Bryan against Lesnar.  Seriously, who are you people?  This is literally a reboot of the Becky Lynch turn, and it's going to have the same reaction.  It was a stupid way to do it, but fuck yeah, I am happy that a guy who wasn't even allowed to wrestle when this year started and was booked like shit from he moment he returned is now the champion.  

Also, they tend to make it all go away within weeks, but I do like when WWE hits that reset button.  And holy fuck, did they do it tonight.

That's the whole problem, though:

If there was literally any iota of that Daniel Bryan left in the tank, THE FANS WOULD HAVE NEVER ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN.

That's really the worst part about this heel turn- it's probably not going to work.

Daniel Bryan seemed like one of the few unturnable people in wrestling- the type of person where if you're turning them heel, it's got to be a BIG FUCKING DEAL- a huge storyline, a huge payoff, a GIGANTIC MOMENT on par with "Hulk Hogan joins the NWO"

This...was not a big deal. At all. Hell, it borderlines on a Kane/Big Show/Randy Orton "I'm stale again, better turn so I can add six months to my sell-by date"  move. 

And that's probably the worst part of this...it's not just "Daniel Bryan turned heel and it's a huge deal", or even "Daniel Bryan turned heel at the right time", but rather it's "Daniel Bryan turned heel, and I don't particularly care."- and even thinking back just eight months ago when he announced his return to the ring, that fact, and how far Bryan's fallen this year to get to that point, is far, far, far more depressing than a Daniel Bryan heel turn could ever be. It's not even "they turned Daniel Bryan heel", but "Daniel Bryan is just another guy." 

• Like 2

I wonder if they’d do a thing where team raw takes out another member of the women’s team, and when Naomi, Asuka and Sonya are standing in the ring, Sasha and Bayley come out and join team smackdown. Might be good to get all the horsewomen on one show if they’re going that route for mania...

According to Meltzer he was told that the plan for Mania is now Becky/Ronda. I wouldn't put the two Horsewomen teams in a match together at a show that big anyway. 2019 Survivor Series is perfect, gives Jessamyn and Marina more time to develop.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

AJ maybe injured? WWE trying to make up for the most hyped match at Survivor Series not happening with two big first time matches? Styles perhaps now takes Bryan's spot in the traditional Survivor Series matches?

Paige awarded Bryan's spot on the team to Jeff Hardy.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

I miss the maroon gear. To me that's Daniel Bryan, William Regal and Bradford City. Maroon is the only bright colour I wear. Black is my usual garb. 

That's the Fashion Files report done with ;).

You may be the only person I’ve ever heard refer to maroon as “bright.”

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Also, the maroon gear makes me think of Pete Dunne now. 

Oooooh, imagine that match now. Dickhead Pete Dunne vs dickhead Daniel Bryan. 

Which is ironic since Dunne started wearing it in honor of Bryan.

I love Becky picking Charlotte despite their just finished feud, because it shows that as The Man, Becky has conquered Charlotte, proven her superiority, and moved past it.

46 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Man, if y'all think "reboot 2005 ROH AmDrag" is anywhere on the list of things that WWE will do with heel Bryan, you're setting yourselves up for a huge disappointment (as usual).

Well no shit. I already said right when SDL ended that WWE will just do the "no explanation" explanation for the heel turn. Then not even an hour later "why Daniel, why?" DB - no response. 

WWE creative is about the least creative creative entity ever. They fucking suck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Paige awarded Bryan's spot on the team to Jeff Hardy.

Cheers. 

23 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

You may be the only person I’ve ever heard refer to maroon as “bright.”

Which is ironic since Dunne started wearing it in honor of Bryan.

Maroon's bright for someone who usually wears black.

• Like 1

Casey touched on it a little but a full recap from Meltzer from the radio show this morning

- Daniel Bryan has been pushing to go heel for awhile

- Dave doesn't know the specific reason why but Vince decided this past weekend that he wanted to do Brock/Bryan instead of Brock/AJ so that was before Becky's injury. The DB heel turn though was decided on yesterday

- Basically Dave said that the mentality of the WWE right now is that the actual stories are on RAW and Smackdown and Survivor Series is not cannon (Dave didn't say that phrase but it was the best way I could summarize it). Basically they are assuming that Daniel Bryan will still be the face on Sunday but he will be a heel on TV shows. (As one example)

- Not surprising to anyone - its the concussion that is keeping Becky out. They would have worked around the broken nose but they can't with the concussion

- Bryan/Miz were supposed to have their blow off match at San Jose (aka TLC). He thinks that is off now.

- As Casey mentioned - Becky/Ronda is now the plan for Mania and Dave thinks its penciled in as the Main Event. At a minimum it will be pushed as one of the two big matches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

- As Casey mentioned - Becky/Ronda is now the plan for Mania and Dave thinks its penciled in as the Main Event. At a minimum it will be pushed as one of the two big matches.

Basically the one way they can screw this up with Bulletproof Becky.

9294295a1021c94df432819582ed6fcf_600_450

• Like 3
  • Haha 2