DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The Natural

Monday Night Raw will be without its regular play-by-play voice on next week's episode.

WWE.com announced in an article today that Michael Cole would be missing Raw on Monday to attend his son's wedding. Tom Phillips will fill in for Cole on play-by-play alongside Corey Graves and Booker T, which means that Phillips and Graves will be on commentary for both Raw and SmackDown next week.

The article notes that it's only the second time in Cole's 20 years with WWE that he has missed a week of television.

For whatever reason - I still feel like Cole's not old enough to have a son of marrying age

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can you imagine how pissed Vince must be that Cole's son has the audacity to get married on a Monday?

Maybe Cole convinced him to do it because he knew that was about the only way he could get out of another Monday with Vince or Dunn yelling in his ear about what he was supposed to be shilling?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Score one for barely-literate racists with drug issues everywhere!

2017 has been a good year for barely-literate racists with drug issues.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's not going to happen, but I would love if Graves and Phillips give Booker T the Art Donovan treatment, ignoring him more and more throughout the night.

Like that would have any effect on Booker's commentary.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, bazzil said:

It's actually .52 women a day.

Right down the middle, daddy!

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Marty Jannetty clears up the whole "should I sleep with this girl now that I know she's not my daughter" thing

Man accused of being a creep to his daughter cries fake news? Sure. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can you imagine how pissed Vince must be that Cole's son has the audacity to get married on a Monday?

To be fair, who the hell gets married on a Monday? 

I get pissed when I have to attend a Sunday wedding having work the next day, I can't even imagine a Monday one. 

• Like 1

Keep Lance Russell in your thoughts/prayers:

Hi, this is Lance's son...please keep Lance in your thoughts, his daughter (our sister) lost her battle with cancer this morning. Lance is currently in the hospital due to complications from a fall.

From his Facebook page.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, CSC said:

To be fair, who the hell gets married on a Monday? 

I get pissed when I have to attend a Sunday wedding having work the next day, I can't even imagine a Monday one. 

Years ago when I was waiting tables, a couple of my coworkers got married one Saturday--at 10 o'clock in the fucking morning.  They got pissed when nobody from work showed up.  Like no shit, most of us were at work until 2am.

16 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Yeah, the math alone makes 10,000 seem unrealistic.   And, honestly, unless you're keeping track and writing this shit down, how do you keep an accurate count  I legitimately have no clue how many times I've been intimate with my wife over the past 24 years.  If i did try to add it up, my ballpark estimate would probably be way off.

Your answer is 246. 200 times the first year and then on your birthday and anniversary the remaining 23 years. (I know this because I've been married 19 years.)

• Like 1

Is Shayna Baszler the first individual to appear in a major wrestling promotion billed from South Dakota? The only other possibility I could think of would be Scott and Bill Irwin. They were actually from northern Minnesota, but I believe they may have been billed from Sturgis at some point. Brock doesn't count since he's always been billed from Minneapolis. 

You've have thought someone would have been billed from Deadwood, esp when the show was on. 

I wonder if most cowboys characters are usually billed from Texas, either their real hometown or a gimmick place. 

Conversely, I wonder where most American Indian characters were billed from.

Here's your known pro wrestlers at least from South Dakota who aren't just shoot fighters, not billed, just from there:

Brock Lesnar, Earl Caddock, Joseph Brooks, Mike London, Neil Diamond Cutter, Shayna Baszler, Tank, Ted Thye

Source: Wrestling Data

• Like 1