DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

11 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Necro Butcher mutilated himself for pennies on the dollar. 

Hey! That's an unfair characterization! I'm pretty sure Necro got to keep all the $5 bills he stapled to his forehead.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Hey! That's an unfair characterization! I'm pretty sure Necro got to keep all the $5 bills he stapled to his forehead.

If someone tries that gimmick in TNA now, would Anthem insist on taking 10 percent of those bills?

Meanwhile, Keith Lee does his own theme music:

Sabu driving around in an RV, smearing hotel walls in shit, and still doing what he's done since he started his career in and out of the ring has to be up there. 

That was a lie told by former jobber, current Ryback sycophant Pat Buck. 

57 minutes ago, caley said:

Yikes!  Poor dude.  Wishing DJZ well, he's been one of the brighter spots of Impact the last 6 months or so.

What exactly happened? Do I even want to know? Briefly saw a video of him talking after the injury with an IV in his arm.

Oddly enough, I just watched the Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk match from Money in the Bank. I never saw that match and totally forgot about the angle with AJ Lee. I sat there just not liking anything I was seeing, wondering why couldn't they just let these two have a regular match like they had some months prior. Why involve the weapons and make it a shitty garbage match? Involving AJ also felt really contrived. I'm not sure how I missed the match way back then, but I didn't really miss much.

Anyway, weird coincidence for me with watching this and then finding out AJ's book came out.

5 minutes ago, Peck said:

What exactly happened? Do I even want to know? Briefly saw a video of him talking after the injury with an IV in his arm.

I just read that he did a 450 splash (Don't know if he hit or missed the move), felt sore afterwards, got to the locker-room and threw up.

27 minutes ago, Peck said:

Apparently he ruptured his colon (yikes!) and it was bleeding internally which is what was causing the nausea. He's getting surgery for it.

Confession Time: I seem to have very recently developed extreme discomfort at seeing wrestlers do dangerous moves. (I am talking seriously dangerous, like head-drops or Claudio's knee at Mania - though that was an accident.)  I don't know what started it, but it's definitely recent. And it's causing me to not be able to enjoy basically anything except maybe Mexico from 2000s forward. [Especially sucks because I was about to start on a watch/re-watch project of 90's All Japan.]

Obviously no one likes to see someone dropped on their head, etc. But I have always been able to tolerate it. Nowadays, even piledrivers have started making me uncomfortable to watch. 

I think I can handle the crazy stuff from lucha because they're not aiming for Big Impact. Unless it's a bloody brawl, they're carrying a pretty light touch. 

Maybe I'm just burned out. 

• Like 2

It had to be Johnny Ace. He only viewed women as pieces of meat basically, he hired Alicia Fox and Kelly Kelly because he saw them in a swim catalogue.

I wonder if the women who hated AJ were the Bellas... basically because she said good things about everyone else who was there at the time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Confession Time: I seem to have very recently developed extreme discomfort at seeing wrestlers do dangerous moves. (I am talking seriously dangerous, like head-drops or Claudio's knee at Mania - though that was an accident.)  I don't know what started it, but it's definitely recent.

WWE had a show a few years ago where "moves to the head" were a no-no. Perhaps you'd enjoy some of this playlist:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

"No one wants to have sex with you"? Who the hell did they ask, Darren Young??

They don't get that most of their regular male audience now flips over adorkable women who seem at least faintly attainable IRL. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Think how good it could have been if E'd been allowed to show the personality he has with New Day?

He would be in the same position he is now. Which is good, but with his tools he should be a main eventer.

If Big E doesn't win either world title within 18-24 months, they done fucked up. I still worry about him being able to tell a dramatic 20+ minute match on his own, but if you put him on a loop with AJ or another top notch in-ring guy, he'll come along. Other than that, he has the look, the charisma, the promos, and the signature offense spots to wow fans.

• Like 1

I think Big E as world champion with the New Day defending it with Freebird Rules would be tremendous. And it can slowly build towards Kofi getting jealous of Big E and turning on E and Woods and eventually beating E for the Championship  and finally getting a world title run. They can get E and the New Day there in 18 months have them win either the IC or US title and defend it with Freebird rules and give them like a 6-8 month run with it. And to plant the seeds for Kofi's eneventual turn have him win the money in the bank but it's stated that any member of the New Day can use it and Big E ends up using it and wins the World title and then 6 months down the road Kofi turns and they build towards Kofi beating E then give Kofi a year place run then he can retire into the Sunset.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kronos said:

Confession Time: I seem to have very recently developed extreme discomfort at seeing wrestlers do dangerous moves. (I am talking seriously dangerous, like head-drops or Claudio's knee at Mania - though that was an accident.)  I don't know what started it, but it's definitely recent.

This happened to me too last fall. It came up from the Sasha/Charlotte series where I was legitimately worried about the well being of both women because they were reaching for moves that were almost beyond their grasp. After that, I was uncomfortable watching big dives (especially after Sasha and Cesaro had pretty bad face plants). Eventually, it passed. When Charlotte did her big twisting moonsault at Mania I was more amazed than worried. But I still wince if I see things like Honma's headbutts to nowhere or a gif of a 90s All Japan head drop. And not in a good way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

If Big E doesn't win either world title within 18-24 months, they done fucked up. I still worry about him being able to tell a dramatic 20+ minute match on his own, but if you put him on a loop with AJ or another top notch in-ring guy, he'll come along. Other than that, he has the look, the charisma, the promos, and the signature offense spots to wow fans.

A 20 minute main event with aj, and the promos leading up to it would be super fun.