DVDVR Message Board

Southpaw Regional Wrestling

Dolfan in NYC

On 3/17/2017 at 0:53 PM, Technico Support said:

The revelation here is that wrestlers are actually very creative people who, left to their own devices, can be quite entertaining.  Who knew?

Another fine example: Edge and Christian Show (RIP).

My prediction for The Sea Creature is a certain member of American Alpha (he really is one of the few who has that build).

21 minutes ago, turk128 said:

Another fine example: Edge and Christian Show (RIP).

No! Don't you ruin the hopes of the rest of us. They started writing the second season.

Also, I like Corny, for the most part the slant doesn't bother me that much compared to everything else he brings to the table.

14 hours ago, Hagan said:

Yeah, his anti-WWE slant is a little extreme. I get that he feels fucked over but he's in "Superstar Graham in the 90s" level of irrational bitterness. Although, Cornette is carny as fuck. He'd go back to WWE in a second and probably gets that his schtick plays well with disgruntled fans. 

And now he's returning to WWE to induct the Rock and Roll Express.

21 hours ago, ChrisM said:

As expected, Jim Cornette is a grumpy old twat...

I was need to love all this garbage and shit like Joey Ryan suplexng things with his dick and Kenny Omega wrestling a blow up doll. Is this shit the classics of the modern day? Because if so, we are more screwed than I thought. 

Aside from Jericho and Cena this was pretty bad. 

It's called having a sense of humor about the things you love. I can be the biggest elitist dick in the world about metal, but if you take the piss out of it in any form I'll laugh endlessly. 

And hey, if you just didn't find it funny, okay. Different strokes

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's called having a sense of humor about the things you love. I can be the biggest elitist dick in the world about metal, but if you take the piss out of it in any form I'll laugh endlessly. 

And hey, if you just didn't find it funny, okay. Different strokes

The Edge and Christian show really was funny.

That other stuff is terrible. I just saw Karl Anderson in that wig and was out. 

But I guess you acknowledged that. 

On 3/19/2017 at 11:22 AM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

John Johnson's promo reminds me of Jumping Jeff Farmer:

Bobski/Jericho mentions something like 'should be jumpin' too' when he introduced Johnson, so I think that was intentional.

Episode 2 is fantastic. 

The Big Bartholomew interview. "I miss my father." "Seriously, this is not Ric Flair." "Hang ten. High-ing Five."

The Surf Dudes with Attitudes. Fantastic. 

• Like 1

In the best of all worlds we would at the very least get a one off gimmick battle royal out of this with Catamaran and Chet calling the action. The stare down between Sea Creature and La Barba Grande would be epic. A blind crippled Tex Ferguson accidentally  eliminating Chad 2 Badd for a win, and yet not realizing he had won, is the only finish.

• Like 2