DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is "Subtle" Pot Jokes - 10/17/16

Dolfan in NYC

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

How about Epico and Primo trying to sell Goldberg on a timeshare?

It is amazing that someone in booking looked at that character and thought "you know what would put it over the top.  Let's have them selling fake rolexes as well"  

11 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

What the hell kind of finish was that in the Dana/Bayley match? Austin's roll up on Owen at The SummerSlam was more believable. 

I think Dana was supposed to get her feet up on the ropes but they were too far away and Dana is pretty short, she couldn't reach.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

It is amazing that someone in booking looked at that character and thought "you know what would put it over the top.  Let's have them selling fake rolexes as well"  

Is that what reasoning was for Mark Henry tagging with TruthDust; he got a fake Rolex from the Colons?

What perfect timing; Hispanic Heritage Month ends October 15th and now their Puerto Rican team are full blown crooks.

3 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Dana winning that match saddened me almost as much as Dolph Ziggler keeping his career.

Dana winning made me sadder than that. I would have been really sad if Sami got squashed by Burnt Stromboli.

Awesome moment for Goldberg's return. Incredible reaction, loved it. Great segment all the way through, enjoyed his reaction to the ovation and his promo. Too bad it's definitely one final match but "You're next which means.. you're LAST!" was excellent. Didn't care about much of anything else on this show but Goldberg made the show worth it. Nice sweep by Bo but I still think he's awful. Jericho's always great but Rollins mic work had me cringing. Definitely looking forward to Lesnar/Goldberg.

• Like 1

Strowman's squash was fun and I look forward to seeing what he and Sami can do together.

I dug the interview segments with Lita. It made the cell match for Sasha & Charlotte feel a bit more important.

Rusev's segment and beat down of Roman was good. I loved him talking up his family only to tell Roman he is fine with roman disrespecting them, just not Rusev himself.

The backstage segment for the cruisers was nice but felt a bit wasted with the short tag.

I fast forwarded through the Goldberg segment. I was never a big fan. The only way I will be happy with the match with Brock will be if Goldberg while also forcing Brock to somewhat drop the suplex city style.

Sami's bulletproof, he'll be fine. At least he has someone to work with right now and can hopefully get Strangulation and himself over at the same time. 

On the other hand, Lesnar's goose is probably cooked if they let the 50 year old ex-football player win. Not that he'd mind of course, retreating to his Fortress of Solitude to dine with bears and count his millions, but Goldberg does not deserve to win that match. 

I don't mind Bayley having a little side feud but she had no business being in the 3-way story and now this because it's all just stunting her momentum. They should have just built her and Sasha as the mega powers and then had Sasha turn which they will probably still do but in the meantime Bayley is being booked as just another wrestler.

I don't get it.  Roman Reigns is a better promo (miles better), better wrestler (miles better), has a better look, and better matches than Seth Rollins, but the latter had to turn face because the crowd was cheering him as a heel, while the former has to wrestle heat-machines like Rusev to stay over.  Seriously, that Rollins promo was DREADFUL, he couldn't even get a wrestling audience to chant "Sparklecrotch".  How is he still talking like a whiny heel while he's supposed to be a face and the crowd is into it?  I seriously do not get it.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Omega said:

WWE should be embarrassed that a 50 year old Goldberg who never had any mic skills in WCW made majority of the WWE roster look like new hires.

I was gonna ask because I legitimately can't recall if Goldberg was any good on the mic in WCW, but he was fantastic Monday. I never cared for him in WCW and now I wanna see that Lesnar match. Goldberg's shaking hands and kissing babies stuff was tremendous.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, caley said:

I don't get it.  Roman Reigns is a better promo (miles better), better wrestler (miles better), has a better look, and better matches than Seth Rollins, but the latter had to turn face because the crowd was cheering him as a heel, while the former has to wrestle heat-machines like Rusev to stay over.  Seriously, that Rollins promo was DREADFUL, he couldn't even get a wrestling audience to chant "Sparklecrotch".  How is he still talking like a whiny heel while he's supposed to be a face and the crowd is into it?  I seriously do not get it.

Indy cred and FLIPZ. ;)

• Like 3