DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is "Subtle" Pot Jokes - 10/17/16

Dolfan in NYC

Day 420 of their reign!   In Denver!  Legal!  *wink & tongue emoji*

And Lesnar-Goldberg II at Survivor Series is set.  I look forward to Brock kicking out of the jackhammer. 

Could have done without the constant gubernatorial-pandering as well as the comical parade of talent cheering that walk to the ring, but it was a decent promo and at least has me somewhat compelled to see Survivor Series. 

It would help the cruisers if the camera work and editing was better than a pile of dog crap.  When a guy jumps halfway across the ring from the top rope you don't ignore the jump and just catch the landing, you catch the person flying through the sky.

The match was darn near unwatchable due to the editing.

A headlock is a finisher?  Seriously?  There was no torque on the back.  It was just a headlock.

GOOD GOD, WHAT  A BABYFACE HERO THIS GOLDBERG IS. That's the sort of charisma/character Roman needed years ago. This great man has come back to make his son proud and be a role model to little children and, yes, TO KICK ANOTHER MAN'S ASS IN A FIGHT. 

All of that. 

Rusev loves his mother. He is also a great babyface. too.  

• Like 2

Here is how bad the truck work was during the cruiser match.  

This is what I remember from the match.  Guys landing on other guys.  I don't know the moves but guys landed on other guys.  One guy put another guy in a headlock getting him to tap out.

The guys in the truck set a new low for how bad a match looked on camera.

The Strowman match got multiple chuckles out of me, especially Graves' "Perhaps Not Jose" comment.  They really need to boot Cole and just let Graves and Saxton take over as they've got good chemistry together from the NXT shows.

Bayley/Dana seemed really sloppy, or maybe it was just that awkward ending.

Meet the Russevs was tremendous.

The Cruiserweights got a six man < 10 minute match with a commercial break in between, but at least we got to see that Lita interview with Sasha for a second time.

I wasn't a fan of Goldberg when he was in his prime, but he looked less decrepit than Sting and Undertaker did in their most recent appearances.  Still, there's no way this match with Brock (who has been mailing it in for a better part of a year now) is going to be anything but utter crap.  At least the two of them are wrestling eachother and not guys I actually care about.

Brock should accept the challenge next week by picking up 8 year kids in the first row and giving them all an F5.  

That 9:15 - 9:45 block of RAW has to be the most depressing of the year.  You have Neville doing a clean job to Bo Dallas cementing how little they care about him.  You have Bayley getting pinned by Dana Brooke because Dana fucked up the finish (at least I hope that what it was) while the announcers describe her as either a little child that hasn't grown up or a dullard like Ken Bone.  You have maybe the worst tattoo in the history of pro wrestling with that shaggy looking guy in the Mile High club with what looked to be a sketch of the state of Colorado.   And then the icing on the shit sundae is knowing the Sami Zayn is getting the shit beat out of him at the next PPV.

That Goldberg promo was just great.  Almost a shoot promo in how it was delivered.  The idea of Goldberg as the role model could actually work if done right

• Like 2

I love Corey Graves Pantera reference "Vulgar Display of Power" during Braun's match and No Way Jose's cousin, Perhaps Not Jorge.

Rusev's mutton chops are a thing of beauty. 

The rest of the show, meh. I never cared for Goldberg and would have been fine with him never coming back. 

• Like 3

New network show idea: Rusev Knows Best. The premise: Rusev's parents and their mustaches come to live with Rusev and Lana in America and struggle to adjust to life in the USA.

Also: Does Karl Anderson have a single singles victory in WWE? I'm struggling to think of one.

Also 1 Sami Zayn = 3 Jobbers and Bort Stinkface threw that guy real good.

3 minutes ago, zev said:

No matter how bad the camera work and/or editing may be, we can take comfort in that The Brian Kendrick is getting wins on RAW in 2016.

It's at the expense of Rich Swann, so I'm not sure if I like it or not. 

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Swann and Cedric are getting great reactions, I wouldn't be mad if they built the entire division around those two.

I would like the other cruisers to get some shine aside from TJP and Kendrick. At least if they were on SD, we'd get something for the guys not going for the title right now. I'm not really thrilled with it being TJP, Kendrick, and the other guys.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would like the other cruisers to get some shine aside from TJP and Kendrick. At least if they were on SD, we'd get something for the guys not going for the title right now. I'm not really thrilled with it being TJP, Kendrick, and the other guys.

I liked that they got a backstage promo this week but my god was that material atrocious. Plus, a couple of them could really use NXT to power up their mic skills. This division is just so THERE and they get placed in the third hour regularly and the matches have no length to them.  I'm not enjoying it.

• Like 1