DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 10/10/2016

Dolfan in NYC

So... I will just say it.  Hell in a Cell should not be used for mid-card matches ever.

Kevin Owens & Seth Rollins have not earned it.

Roman Reigns & Rusev have not earned it. 

The closest are Charlotte & Sasha. And in their time on the main roster... eh.  It's debatable. 

Christ, they could have just named the stupid PPV Halloween Havoc and avoided diluting one of the best gimmicks in the Fed. 

• Like 3

When Jericho finally turns on Owens it's going to be nuclear.

Also: I like TJ Perkins's theme song and all but the video game puns are too much.

"Hit the pause button Brian Kendrick, I would have given you another shot at the title, no extra lives needed. You think you're Captain Hook, or should I say Captain N? You think you're a mega man, but you're just a zero, and I've got a call of duty to defend this title and I won't let any mass affect me. .....Legend of Zelda."

Horrible.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So... I will just say it.  Hell in a Cell does not and should not be used for mid-card matches ever.

Kevin Owens & Seth Rollins have not earned it.

Roman Reigns & Rusev have not earned it. 

The closest are Charlotte & Sasha. And in their time on the main roster... eh.  It's debatable. 

Christ, they could have just named the stupid PPV Halloween Havoc and avoided diluting one of the best gimmicks in the Fed. 

Spin the wheel, make the deal.

• Like 1

I want to see Jericho vs Brock so badly, just to see Jericho not be able to get over for the Germans. And each one getting worse and worse until he just decides to sit on the mat in front of Brock and splay his arms and legs out and hope no one notices. 

• Like 1

I liked most of what I saw on RAW. The stuff with Jericho was all gold again. The crowd desperately wants to cheer him and I thought the match with Rollins was pretty good. Told a good story with all the rib work by Jericho. The fans were really into it by the end and I didn't see the finish coming. I think Jericho's going to wind up as the ref.

The mixed tag was quite good even though the way they got to it was a bit awkward. I felt like they took a little steam off of Charlotte vs Sasha by even having them team up for a moment against Rusev. Nothing too bad but it was clumsy, IMO.

Braun Strowman was awesome again this week. I think he's going to threaten to kill Saxton next week and Big Show or Mark Henry will make the save leading to a battle of the giants.

I completely zoned out during all the Cruiserweight stuff. I feel like I'm a bad internet wrestling fan.

Thought it was a fun night of rasslin' in the bits and pieces I caught around Papi's last game.

Everything Jericho does now is great. This might be the most I've ever enjoyed Jericho and I've been a huge fan since he was ripping up coats of WCW ring announcers. He and KO together are a great comedy tandem. I don't just mean wrestling comedy. They have legitimately great comedy chemistry together. They know how to work off of each other perfectly. Improv comedy almost universally sucks. But the one good thing from improv is the whole "yes and" bit where you take what your partner gives you, agree and then heighten the bit. Jericho and KO really do that well together. The List is also such great dumb shtick.

I thought the Jericho/Rollins match was also a blast. I didn't see all of the opening but I really thought they clicked well together and had a lot of fun offense. It was a really fun sprint, from what I saw. I can't wait to see these best friends explode in a few weeks. Crowd is going to eat that up so much. I'm very excited to see Jericho get one more (and maybe last) great feud as a face after killing it this year as a heel.

Sahsa/Roman vs. Charlotte/Rusev was a fun mixed tag. That gimmick is pretty limited because of the rules, but I still liked how it ended. I loved Cole saying in the replay that Reigns was "playing defense" when he speared Rusev while Sasha was tapping Chalotte out again. Cool analogy. Great work by Rusev going with a heel beard, too.

Maybe my favorite thing though was Dana Brooke leveling Bayley from behind and watching the inflatable wacky hand men deflate. What a great touch.

Does anything say lost in the shuffle like an impromtu tag match against Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas?

Nice to see Anderson and Gallows being built back up after being jobbed ad nauseum to New Day. Maybe they'll actually win the tag titles, like they should have in the first place. 

I have a feeling Strowman is getting sacrificed to Goldberg next week. I'm no fan of Braun, but I have zero desire to Goldberg again. I've never been a fan of his. 

2 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Mick's suit and hobo beard were enough to drive me back to football.  

The guy his daughter is dating is slowly taking over his body and becoming him, starting with his wardrobe. Next will be big shoes. 

There are worse ways to break into the biz.

• Like 3

The only way this makes sense is if it's Stephanie's "in storyline" way of minimizing her brother's suicide attempt at mania by diluting the very essence of the gimmick.

"Hey, remember when Shane dove off the cell at Mania and somehow didn't die"

"Yeah, it was almost as cool as that time Bo Dallas dove off the 30 foot cell onto Titus O'Neal in the HIaC pre-show."

"Are you sure you're not thinking of 20 minutes later when Primo and/or Epico dove off the cell onto Curtis Axel in the 19-man HiaC Battle royal where everyone is eliminated by jumping off the top of the cell."

"No, I wasn't, but I guess they're all pretty equal."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sammo~! said:

Also: I like TJ Perkins's theme song and all but the video game puns are too much.

"Hit the pause button Brian Kendrick, I would have given you another shot at the title, no extra lives needed. You think you're Captain Hook, or should I say Captain N? You think you're a mega man, but you're just a zero, and I've got a call of duty to defend this title and I won't let any mass affect me. .....Legend of Zelda."

Horrible.

(0:25)

• Like 2

I was waiting for someone to say "Sin Cara declared on the pre-show that he is now a part of the cruiserweight division, but he he does not meet the weight requirements so he has been rejected".

Ariya Daivari wrestles pretty much like his brother in that he's perfectly competent, but 13 seconds after his match you don't remember anything about it.

I missed the Emmalina stuff last week.  So what is the gimmick?  Just that she's really hot?  Because I approve of that.

• Like 3

The show was ok. They are going overboard making Owens/Rollins a HIAC match.

Its nice that Charlotte & Sasha are getting a HIAC match, but I really wish they built it up a bit more with crazy brawling for two weeks.

Strowman was awesome once again.

Where there hell is Nia Jax?

2 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

When Jericho finally turns on Owens it's going to be nuclear.

Horrible.

I thought Wesley Willis was dead.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I thought Wesley Willis was dead.

Wow, thanks for depressing me.  I loved the Willis reference remembering what a fan I was of his stuff in my younger days and then I went to Wiki him thinking he passed somewhat recently and realized he died THIRTEEN years ago.  What the FUCK?  Ugh, I'm so old.

• Like 1