DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 10/10/2016

Dolfan in NYC

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have no idea what Summer Rae's role is anymore. She isn't at RAWs anymore since she is always snapchatting from fashion shows or Hong Kong when RAW is going on

Lol, it must suck to be her.

I'm really struggling to come up with a reason why Summer would be better off at RAW jobbing to every other woman on the roster in nothing matches.

RAW will always suffer as long as Steph and other authority figures are all over the show. Absolutely no reason for Mick and Steph to come out last night. The opening promo should have setup the cell match for the women and the mixed tag. No need for a televised confirmation. They do shit like that and then the cruisers get two minutes.  The cruisers are the new women.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Summer's injured, anyway.  Let her enjoy her fashion shows.  She deserves it after doing the wrestling gods' work in that dreadful love quad angle last year.

Emma being hurt and Paige getting suspended destroyed any depth the RAW division could have right now but I'm unclear on why Alicia Fox was only used for one match against Nia. Shouldn't she be at least fighting Bayley or Charlotte in semi-competitive squashes?

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And it is ridiculous that on a 3 hour show they have to "shoehorn" the CWC guys in

I just don't get what's the point of them changing the ropes and mat for two separate matches in the show at different parts of the show. I mean do they think it was the purple ropes that was key to the CWC being so magical?

5 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I am ambivalent, at best, about the cruiserweights. I'd rather have more of the women's division than cruiserweight matches. The CWC was great in its own vacuum but trying to fit it into a show where playing a character is more important isn't worth it to me. Kendricks can do it but I don't know if anyone else can.

Smackdown should have gotten the cruiserweights and we all know it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Lol, it must suck to be her.

I'm really struggling to come up with a reason why Summer would be better off at RAW jobbing to every other woman on the roster in nothing matches.

I thought Summer Rae was hurt still...

If they're planning on making the CWC a regular show on the Network then I'm hoping once that starts they can just keep them there.  It's much more so they have time and don't have to be "shoehorned" on a 3 hour show (fucking Steph and USA wanting them on TV)  Hopefully by the time that happens they get some kind of following that would transfer over to the Network show.  If anything that would only mean one match with time on Raw compared to two matches with little time.

Besides, keeping them on the Network would mean that Vince won't pitch his out-of-touch ideas to them.  Reading about what he supposedly said about them I'm just thinking "GTFOH with that shit"

1 hour ago, NickMD said:

Besides, keeping them on the Network would mean that Vince won't pitch his out-of-touch ideas to them.  Reading about what he supposedly said about them I'm just thinking "GTFOH with that shit"

What did Vince (supposedly) say?

Supposedly they started gaining weight because he wanted them to be bigger.  And if you believe the rumors he told them to tone down all the flipping and stuff that was done in CWC.  I think Meltzer confirmed the former but not sure about the latter.  I'd still have them on the network so he doesn't come up with anymore out of touch ideas for them.

I maybe stupidly actually thought they would do something with this cruiserweight division.  Holy hell was I wrong.  No character development for any of these guys outside of TJP/Kendrick.  Sub-5 minute matches. Nothing done to make them feel special aside from the ropes. It's getting ugly very quickly.