DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

It has happened before.  Jim Ross went to Smackdown without his knowing from we have heard.  I thought it happened to someone else

Okay then my announcers mock draft looks like this 

1. Jojo

2. Renee Young

3. Corey Graves

4. Mauro Ranallo

37. Jerry Lawler

On 7/15/2016 at 2:48 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

So on Reddit there's a thread about stiffest shots they've ever seen and this one came up about Bob Holly chopping the holy fuck out of Randy Orton's throat:

https://streamable.com/u3tn

Fuck Bob Holly.  My god. 

Any chance we could get a link to that? I am not very good at reddit. . . .

On 16/07/2016 at 5:13 AM, HumanChessgame said:

Holly has debunked this multiple times-

That's not really a debunking though, is it? It's a denial, sure, but his argument is that he can't sandbag Brock because Brock is strong enough to shoot lift him (which is what everyone who says he was sandbagging says happened), their timing was off on the move, and then a lot of with blah blah internet blah blah. Watch his matches from that time, watch all of the Lesnar match instead of just the powerbomb. Sandbags and potatoes was all he was doing at that time, mistiming spots intentionally to make the rookies look bad, until it caught up to him.

9 hours ago, AxB said:

That's not really a debunking though, is it? It's a denial, sure, but his argument is that he can't sandbag Brock because Brock is strong enough to shoot lift him (which is what everyone who says he was sandbagging says happened), their timing was off on the move, and then a lot of with blah blah internet blah blah. Watch his matches from that time, watch all of the Lesnar match instead of just the powerbomb. Sandbags and potatoes was all he was doing at that time, mistiming spots intentionally to make the rookies look bad, until it caught up to him.

He is quoted as saying he jumped up but didn't get all the way around to escape the power bomb...then adds that Brock held on to try and save him but they were both too sweaty and he went down wrong...then adds they redid the whole move for the live crowd, in case they wanted to edit it...then adds that a lot of wrestling fans on the internet make up hateful shit for the sake of making up hateful shit. Seems pretty debunked.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2016 at 9:14 PM, AxB said:

That was Holly's fault anyway. He'd somehow convinced himself that, rather than being a JTTS who was employed to make the young talent look good (which he was), he was employed to stiff them, sandbag them, and teach them discipline and that they had to respect the business.

Blame Jim Ross.

3 minutes ago, Mike Zeidler said:

Real Estate Steve is a furry?

Hey - what the man does in his own free time is none of my business.

However - in this case specifically, he is/was making some sort of appearance at a minor league baseball game (I think the show in Oklahoma that JR has been promoting).

Or they could have been two different things.

There was this is what I am saying