DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

22 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

I feel like I should know who is in the middle in the japanese contingent in the white shirt.

Well, he's the easiest one to not recognize. Michael Nakazawa, DDT wrestler, they brought him in as a translator for Ibushi.

1 hour ago, The Z said:

Well, he's the easiest one to not recognize. Michael Nakazawa, DDT wrestler, they brought him in as a translator for Ibushi.

Nakazawa was also brought in when Ibushi worked ROH in 2008.

Also - I think Funaki has been primarily with Nakamura

I mean with the number of guys from Japan they now have - one translator isn't enough

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I was just wondering who out of the first pic is the most sober when it was taken. Because they all were probably lit like a Christmas tree. . . 

They were probably pissed that Tully was hoarding all the coke, so they ratted him out, and he gets axed for failing a drug test with flying colors.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Not sure why they'd need to bring in Nakazawa for translating duties. I thought that was Funaki's gig? 

I remember we were surprised how good his English was when we met him in Chikara.

2 hours ago, PuroresuFan said:

Congratulations to Dalton Castle on getting his first WWE action figure!043_Gable--73fccc2d379fe3c4df6ea5930ba51

Rumblings are the Full Sail crew is begging Vince to change his mind about renaming Castle Chad Gayble. 

That picture of Scott Norton and Bill Murray is great. Two of my favorites in their respective genres. Scott Norton is one of those guys that, I don't care how old he is, what shape he's in (though he looks good) I will always say he should come back. I will still be on this board in 2036 talking about how he (and Rhyno) deserved so much better.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jerry should be at Full Sail instead of TNA

That pic is circa 2006. You've got Alex Shelley w/ video camera, Austin Aries, and Roderick Strong. They were basically re-hashing Generation Next in TNA.

Aries was still called The Austin Starr in TNA (in 2006). It's astonishing how uncharismatic he is without the moustache.

3351321.png