DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

Has anyone found the L.A. Park match against RUSH (posted about earlier in this month's July thread) on Youtube or anywhere we can watch? 'Said it musta been a straight shoot....I'd love to see it and I'm sure other folks would too.

Let us know either way,
DMF

(testing a crappy picture...)

4 minutes ago, damnnearfonzie said:

Has anyone found the L.A. Park match against RUSH (posted about earlier in this month's July thread) on Youtube or anywhere we can watch? 'Said it musta been a straight shoot....I'd love to see it and I'm sure other folks would too.

Let us know either way,
DMF

(testing a crappy picture...)

It's posted in the 2016 Internet Matches thread. One of the most recent posts

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I don;t get why people think the match is a shoot.  They are obviously cooperating with each other the whole time and no one comes out to break them up.  I mean after the main brawl they are catching each other on dives.  What am I missing???

I think it is people misusing the term "shoot".

From luchablog

There’s a periscope video of the match from the second row, which gives you a good sense of how crazy the brawl got and how rabid the fans were for it. I was not surprised the super libre match ended in a DQ – it seems like all CMLL super libre no DQ matches actually end in DQ – but this wasn’t a foul or mask pull DQ. This was the referee seemingly legitimately losing control of the match and deciding it must be stopped. (Since Edgar has that earpiece, he probably wasn’t the only person involved in making that decision. There’s always the chance this could’ve been an angle, but it didn’t come off like any angle CMLL’s ever run.) Anyway, it didn’t stop the match and it’s probably for Elite’s benefit it didn’t stop, the fans would’ve been livid. There were plenty of people angry about the DQ, but the Rush & LA Park continuing to fight made it feel like some crazy event. I don’t think there would’ve been a riot, but there would’ve been a lot of unhappy people who wouldn’t be coming back again.

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/

So more an unplanned finish due to what was happening and not two guys not cooperating with each other

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, (BP) said:

That's supposed to be a crab? 

Honestly, if you gave me 100 guesses as to what sort of creature that mascot is, crab would probably not be on the list (assuming I didn't just figure out to google the team).