DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

49 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

That is super cool.  No rule about eating a big steak dinner and having your stomach rupture......they should have put that in there.  

Fritz Von Erich fixed that for you.

• Like 7

On June 1, 2016 at 2:35 PM, Cristobal said:

WCW MAGAZINE: Is there a part of your game you’d like to improve?”

[VINNIE] VEGAS: I’m gonna be honest with you, kid. I’d like to improve my aerial skills. Hey, I’ll never be like that Jushin Liger guy, but if I could perfect a dropkick off the top rope—forget about it! They’d have to give me the belt by default.”

I thought you were making this up. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Peck said:

Been 15 years or so for me but doesn't a 950 on the SATs blow?  I don't remember idiocy being a part of that gimmick.

Lol, 950 puts you in the bottom 5% of all test takers.  Something like 90 percent of schools in the country will turn you down with a 950 on your application.

On 6/1/2016 at 2:17 PM, Raziel403 said:

It's amazing that the PPV Preview edition came out in June, when the PPV aired in the middle of May.

Magazine cover date is the pull date for the newsstand for unsold copies.  It's usually dated a month after release so this probably did come out in May.

I think this particular issue had the great chart that connected all the various feuds between all the members of Sting's Squadron and The Dangerous Alliance leading into War Games.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2016 at 3:51 PM, Raziel403 said:

The Heavymetalweight Belt, yeah.  It's basically their Hardcore title, defended 24/7 anywhere.

Also, half of those reigns are by ladders, tables, blow up dolls, potted plants, the belt itself...

Still more important than the TNA Legends/Global/World TV/King of the Mountain Championship.

Still got 75 years to go, but Big Vin is at least 1/4 correct so far as guys are still doing snake eyes today.

On 6/2/2016 at 3:19 AM, CreativeControl said:

I've got a complete WCW and WWF 1992 magazines somewhere at home. Cringey as fuck articles but the pictures are amazing

The pictures of Sherri circa 1992 when she managed Shawn Michaels made for good masturbatory material when I was 11 going on 12.