DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

20 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

I feel like aged, wily but past his prime pure babyface Steamboat vs cocky, dickhead Owens would be a match remembered about for a long time in places like this.  

I feel like this is a match that should be suggested to Owens on Twitter.

With every suggestion purposely misspelled, so he can enjoy blocking everyone.

4 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Wow.  Most impressive name on that list in Hunico by far.  

Before the gimmick change, Hunico was killing it on the C-shows. I always thought he had great suplexes, certainly compared the high flying he has to do as Sin Cara, which has never played to his strengths. He was much better at bullying Justin Gabriel around. 

Spoiler

dGGDW.gif

7GCKj.gif

*I am aware that being good at beating up Justin Gabriel doesn't keep you in gainful employment as long. 

Edited by Library Dude

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Magnum was already on a cane shortly after the initial injury, wasn't he?

Yeah he appeared on quite a few of the early 90s WCW PPVs and was walking with a cane

Never would have guessed that Kofi was stronger than a guy built like Eli Drake. I guess explosivity goes a long way.

11 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Yeah he appeared on quite a few of the early 90s WCW PPVs and was walking with a cane

From what I've read he can walk without the use of a cane now. Still has quite a few health issues though.

Whenever people talk about guys who ought to be in the HOF, he never gets mentioned. I think he should get in at some point.

2 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

I think a lot of the ex high level high school and any college football played would do well there.  If your playing at the college level you need a big bench, squat, deadlift, and probably power clean.  Any way, I think Hunico and Kofi sized guys are the most impressive there.  

You also have to remember that "small" guys in WWE are actually pretty big dudes to the average person. 

• Like 1

One of the things that always put the size thing in perspective was HBK talking about being the biggest guy on his high school football team, and then a few months later being the little guy when he broke into wrestling. I also just found out recently that Waltman is like 6 ft tall, which blew my mind considering how he was mostly booked. He's like a head taller than Bryan. 

I remember Apollo Crews on the Breaking Ground show - like his sister showed up and he was saying something like "Yeah - remember how I was the biggest guy in Japan? Now I am the smallest guy in the room."

I was standing next to the Bucks and Adam cole at the ROH show this weekend.  I'm 6'2" and I was at least 6" taller than them.  Then Big Mike Elgin walked by, and he was huge, but still like 6" shorter than me.  I was actually surprised by how small all those guys are.  Apparently Cole is really sought after by WWE, but he is tiny.