DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

5 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Wait... that's NOT Carlito??

No - Primo is Carlito's younger brother (hence the resemblance)

Epico is their cousin

• Like 1

19 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I hope he throws Old Bay in someone's eyes.

What about using a novelty-sized container of Old Bay to load up a glove and  then using a smother/clawhold as a finisher? Call it the Crab Claw.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hamhock said:

What about using a novelty-sized container of Old Bay to load up a glove and  then using a smother/clawhold as a finisher? Call it the Crab Claw.

That's a truly wonderful idea, I'd pay to see that.

2 hours ago, NickMD said:

That's a truly wonderful idea, I'd pay to see that.

Gran Naniwa using that would have been the best thing ever.

• Like 2

I was still in middle school when Scott Hall showed up on Nitro. I don't know if this makes me feel better or feel worse. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Whenever I hire someone at work now and I see they were born after 1997, all I can think is damn they don't even know Bret screwed Bret. 

If they thought Bret screwed Bret, I wouldn't hire them anyway. Vince screwed Bret. 

• Like 1

I posted a picture of it a couple months ago in the photo thread, but I went out with a girl born in 1993 who had a Magic Mike calendar at her place. Whatever month it was, Kevin Nash was the picture. I later mentioned in passing "that guy was a wrestler when I was a kid" and she goes "Oh, like Rikishi?" I felt old as hell.

5 hours ago, Cristobal said:

At a lunch meeting at work yesterday, someone mentioned where they were during 9/11, and Drake said "I was in kindergarten."

We all concluded "Fuck Drake."

Bullshit. He is like 28 or 29. He'd have been in middle school at least.

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm 28 and I was a freshman in high school

That makes me a junior/senior at the time. I just remember being in art class and thinking she must be full of shit. We got out early, I turned on CNN and I sat there for like ten hours, glued.