DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Behind that hatch is the Chamber of Horrors, Tower of Doom., the Scaffold that Cornette fell off of.

They'll all be used for one match, but we still won't get a proper War Games.

Just got home from a WWE house show. Fun times, and listening to kids cheer and boo really is the best thing about wrestling. 

Results:

Big Show beat Eric Rowan with the KO Punch

Epico beat Sin Cara

Ceasaro over Baron Corbin

The New Day (holy shit, they sold a lot of unicorn horns tonight) over the Vaudevillans

Paige, Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks over Summer Rae, Lana and Dana Brooke

Rusev over Kalisto & Alberto Del Rio

Chris Jericho over Dean Ambrose in a Winnipeg Street Fight. Jericho worked babyface, and Ambrose was the heel for the night.

Random observations: Becky Lynch's fake hair is out of control. Trying to cram my 6 foot 4 frame into the MTS Centre seats after a soccer game this afternoon was a terrible idea. Epico and Primo's new gimmick makes me laugh, but makes everyone else stop paying attention.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BEN! said:

Terrible.  Why is he humble underdog seeking respect again.  Rollins ain't Lesnar.

Jeez, watching that it's so painfully obvious they have Roman as a straight up Cena clone. He has all of Cena's talking patterns down. That was pretty much a John Cena "serious" interview. It's no wonder the poor guy is stuck in the hole that he is. They don't want him to be anything. They just want him to be Cena until Cena wear's out or falls apart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

Becky Lynch's fake hair is out of control.

i was sitting 4th row at Wrestlemania and literally the only thing i remember about the womens title match is thinking how much damn 'hair' they all had. when you see it (kind of) close up like that its just everywhere.

12 minutes ago, bazzil said:

i was sitting 4th row at Wrestlemania and literally the only thing i remember about the womens title match is thinking how much damn 'hair' they all had. when you see it (kind of) close up like that its just everywhere.

Either you were brick shit housed on $10 beers, which, hey man good for you, or you don't know a badass match when you see it

It was a really good match but I have to admit I remember asking my girlfriend why they had so much hair. Like she'd have some pearl of wisdom about hair extensions making you more aerodynamic. But I got this...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I like long hair, but I also like that hair to be real. The fake hair is really off putting. The worst of the bunch is Charrlotte since by the end of her matches her's starts falling apart. She kinda ends up looking like Ric in that regard too.

If I had a choice between them keeping the extensions or ditching them, I'd tell most of the women to ditch them or to at least scale them back drastically.

6 hours ago, Mr Harms said:

It was a really good match but I have to admit I remember asking my girlfriend why they had so much hair. Like she'd have some pearl of wisdom about hair extensions making you more aerodynamic. But I got this...

giphy.gif

You get a 'Like' for the Partridge GIF alone!

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

It isn't really a wrestling thing.  Apparently someone told women in America that men really like long hair.  Even though this is extremely obvious that hair isn't real we don't care.  Never understood that.   

Kinda like boobs.

but I care,

RAF (it's real to me dammit)

• Like 1

Since Titanes en el Ring was mentioned, I had to check some out. This is completely endearing. La Momia actually looks terrifying and I'm sure haunted many of these kids' nightmares. There are like ten thousand of them, all completely entranced by an out-of-shape dude that looks like a bootleg Tiger Jeet Singh getting literally stiff-armed by a guy in a mummy costume. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

Can anyone think of any other 'sport' where women with long hair arnt required to have it in a pony tail or braid?

Curling.

I think tennis?

Golf. I'm pretty sure hockey doesn't require it but the helmets would keep it under control anyway.

I think in most cases it's less a requirement and more that it just makes sense to have your hair out of your eyes.

Honestly - I don't think any sports "requires" hair to be pulled back/short

It is like kafkonia said - most do it to keep it out of their face while playing.

I would hate on the hair extensions, but it got us a really great spot where Sasha accidentally ripped out one of Charlotte's extensions and then Charlotte grabbed it and tried to violently whip Sasha with it in a fit of rage, so ultimately, extensions have been worth it.

• Like 3

Speaking of Sasha Banks, I decided to watch Takeover Respect on a whim, and the best part of her harassing Izzy in that Iron Man match is that it starts about two minutes before she actually steals the bow. Sasha throws Bayley into the stairs and starts barking at Izzy, who is stony-faced except to wipe away a single tear right as the camera starts to follow the action back toward the ring. A minute later, Sasha dumps Bayley again and points right at Izzy, who is still holding it together though she is starting to slip. She wipes away a couple more tears really quickly. You can read that she's thinking, "I am NOT going to cry." Then Sasha flings Bayley into the video board, comes back, and snatches Izzy's bow, and instantaneously, Izzy breaks into tears.

Sasha set up that spot by wearing down the psyche of a nine-year-old girl by taunting her as she beat up that girl's hero. It's mean, it's cruel, it's pro wrestling. I actually think that people were more down on this match than they should have been because actually, once the first fall happens, everything that happens after it builds on each successive fall and is sublime. 

• Like 7