DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I'm getting a "Wu Tang Financial" vibe from Black Wallstreet.  If they don't refer to Smith barney as a bunch of old bitches, I'll be disappointed.

Funny you should mention that because CREAM used to be one of their entrance themes until they found out that All $ Is Legal also likes to come to the ring with that track.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure what to make of Black Wallstreet at first, but they've become one of my favorite local acts for sure.  I haven't seen the whole group together in some time though, so it'll be neat to see them again at this show.

As for Johnny Crabcakes, he's one of the owners of Jimmy's Seafood.  Which is not only less than a mile from my place, but has amazing crab cakes.  Wish I could go there more, but they're a tad expensive for my tastes.  Johnny's a huge wrestling fan and JR is a huge fan of the crab cakes.  So pretty much while his siblings run the place he's going around seemingly doing whatever he wants.  But when you go upstairs it's wrestling central in the pool room and they have mixed drinks with wrestling themes.  Cool place for a WM viewing party.  I'll get a chuckle out of seeing him attempt to wrestle, likely will be a couple basic moves at most.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Lol.  Yeah, his problem is that he has no charisma.  Come on guy.  Go watch some Shield matches and come back and talk about this guy's charisma.    

He doesn't have what Hall has. It's not even close. He's got a little but he's not exactly on a lot of other top guys level clearly.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I hope he throws Old Bay in someone's eyes.

As a proud Baltimorean I can verify that Old Bay goes great with everything.  Crabs, vanilla ice cream (try it, it's amazing) popcorn, and now as a distraction tool for opponents.  Sure beats Mr. Fuji's Racist Salt (as seen on the EACSTTROA)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, NickMD said:

As a proud Baltimorean I can verify that Old Bay goes great with everything.  Crabs, vanilla ice cream (try it, it's amazing) popcorn, and now as a distraction tool for opponents.  Sure beats Mr. Fuji's Racist Salt (as seen on the EACSTTROA)

When i lived in Virginia Beach, i was distraught most places there didnot use Old Bay for their crab cakes. One of many reasons i hated living there. :)

I've never lived more than a half hour from the Inner Harbor, and this Old Bay/vanilla ice cream combination is news to me, Nick.

I want to be dismissive, but now find myself gripped by the darkest of curiosities...

Crab cakes without Old Bay?  That is revolting. 

From Nick's description, I can only conclude that Johnny Crab Cakes is MCW's money mark.

EDIT: Damn, there are a good deal of Baltimore peeps here.  I live in suburban DC now but I grew up in East Baltimore, bouncing around and living in Fell's Point (since redistricting, where I lived is now "Butcher's Hill" but usually referred to as "Northern Canton" by people trying to sell their homes), Highlandtown and Greektown.

• Like 1

Cyanide, just a dash of Old Bay is all that's needed at most.  I read about it and was skeptical at first too.  Try it on a little bit and see how you like it.  It surprisingly lent itself well to the sweet and salty combination that's found in sweet treats (sea salt chocolate for example)  Worth trying at least once.

Technico, you're (pardon the pun) on the money on that one.  I'm sure he'd be fun to talk wrestling with though.  And hey, who am I to turn down a drink called The Bullet Club?  Man, all this talking about it I'm going to need to head back there this weekend.

So, if I called 423-GET-FAME, would there be an easter egg recording including Famous B, or would I just be bothering some poor bastard in Tennessee? Does anyone know?

• Like 1

I want to hate MCW for that because that's always been their deal.  If not Kelly Bell they're using some guy from local radio in their heel group.  On top of that they're not ashamed one bit to bring in legends and charge a pretty penny for autographs and such.  The whole thing's carny as hell, but with the right people there I'll attend anyway.

15 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

So, if I called 423-GET-FAME, would there be an easter egg recording including Famous B, or would I just be bothering some poor bastard in Tennessee? Does anyone know?

I just tried it.  It's a prerecorded message form Famous B himself.

• Like 2