DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I wasn't watching Raw every week when the anonymous GM angle was going on, but the ones I saw were excruciating. Just because with Cole reading it, it was essentially like he was in that GM role-- John Locke's dead body had been possessed by the smoke monster, but the paycheck still says Terry O'Quinn. Now, that guy's a hell of an actor. Michael Cole is not. So not only was he calling the matches at the announce table, but he's on the mic numerous times a night..

I know many debate the existence or function of "go away" heat, in various contexts, but it certainly existed in my house every time I caught him with that laptop. Which of course has to be on a crazy podium with a giant RAW logo and everything, because its WWE and they have to be as least subtle as they can get away with.

In short, I was not really a fan of that angle, even with how irregularly I was watching Raw at that time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, L_W_P said:

That he is WWE's most successful and recognizable midget/dwarf/mini is also a small point in his favor. Oh and he got to be in a MUPPET'S MOVIE! That alone should tell people he knows how to work things behind the scenes.

He was also in a Leprechaun movie. That's only one greater Leprechaun movie than I've ever been in, and I'm not a little person.

14 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

He change the script at the last minute and not reveal.

14 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

It was Vince all along 

14 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Might turn out to be Hornswoggle.

Everyone knows it is Savio Vega.

So falconarrow works for WWE and was hired specifically to hand out spoilers to boost ratings. I mean, ok, that would make sense, but I'm having trouble performing the mental gymnastics trying to understand just how this person would still be employed after revealing this information or why Vince would be ok with such a thing.