DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

So despite terrible booking, Ambrose is over with the kids, the house show audiences AND the smarks from Raw and SmackDown. I've been sitting here trying to think of what you could do with a guy like that.

I can't think of anything.

Congratulations!  You're qualified to join the WWE booking team.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

So despite terrible booking, Ambrose is over with the kids, the house show audiences AND the smarks from Raw and SmackDown. I've been sitting here trying to think of what you could do with a guy like that.

I can't think of anything.

Sounds like the next Dolph Ziggler!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DTTW said:

Exactly what part of a character is Stephanie playing?

Chyna.  

Maybe too early but WM32 she dressed in Chyna's Playboy cover outfit and it was not the first time.  It is hard to put into words how odd Steph is with respect to dressing like Chyna when she goes for the fetish look.

7 hours ago, AxB said:

We established 5 years ago that I'm the only person on the board who doesn't find Steph attractive. I kept giving her tougher and tougher draws in the Crumpet tournament (because I thought she'd lose every time) and she sailed through all of them, until she ran into Miss Elizabeth in the last 8. Liz lost to Trish in the finals.

Pretty sure Trish beat Sunny in the finals.

31 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The gear Steph wore at SummerSlam against Brie Bella was certainly Chyna-esque.

I don't think there's anything nefarious in play there. Maybe HHH just has a type. Maybe Steph goes through the ol' browser history one day, makes some discoveries..

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Pretty sure Trish beat Sunny in the finals.

Actually, you're right about that. Liz only made it to the semis. Although I think if we were to do it again (which we won't) Sunny might do less well than last time, based on what she looks like now.

45 minutes ago, AxB said:

Actually, you're right about that. Liz only made it to the semis. Although I think if we were to do it again (which we won't) Sunny might do less well than last time, based on what she looks like now.

It would look like this years March Madness. 

• Like 1

I don't know what's more amazing, the fact that Kenny's a super cool guy or the fact that he's playing at EVO.  I know the guy in-ring is goofy as all hell and is an acquired taste.  But Kenny the person just seems like a great guy.  Also get a kick out of his finisher being named after Final Fantasy.

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I'd love to go on a bender with Nash, he's my alltime favourite wrestling personality - knew how to play the game and make big money with a minimum of effort

Funny. He's easily in my top 5 of most disliked wrestling people. Possibly for the same reasons. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

The main event for today's Paris show was Owens and HHH vs Sami and I assume Ambrose, from a WWE instagram post.  Sounds like a real fun match

Yes it was Ambrose and yeah... never thought I would see that combo of guys in the main event of a WWE show