DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: Dallas.

The Natural

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but Jesus. Started with a great tag match, then a solid match, then three straight MOTYCs?!?!?  Including one that is basically the favorite and leader in the clubhouse?  On one show?  Fuck man

The whole thing was insane. Can you imagine the mounting pressure on Joe and Finn to deliver as each match happened?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Loved the special, every match was good-to-great.  Sami - Nakamura is MOTYC.  Not sure what's going to top that.  I do wish Joe and Bayley would've won.  Would've been more interesting to see the Demon finally fail, and I'm still not sick of Bayley overcoming the odds, which is weird because it's the most overused trope in wrestling, especially the WWE. 

There's a big difference between Bayley working from the bottom in most of her defenses and Cena-style OVERCOMING THE ODDS~! with evil authority figure du jour of the day attacking the day.  That's why Bayley is far more compelling.

On 4/2/2016 at 0:51 PM, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I'm 99% sure Joe's inner-voice was screaming like a school girl when he got busted open.

tumblr_o4znfmBYMV1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

I almost got the impression that Joe knew EXACTLY what he was doing ducking in with his forehead there.....

18 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I had to make bigger versions of those Joe gifs

ievhHqc.gif

SO much better than the Daniel Bryan/Ambrose "dive through ropes with hands outstretched and gently push opponent into barricade"

Samoa Joe is the most pro wrestlingest pro wrestler ever. I don't know what I would do or pay for a competitive Lesnar match, but it would be a lot.

Also I love the ending to Bayley Asuka, the shock in the room is just like Lesnar breaking the streak.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Peck said:

SO much better than the Daniel Bryan/Ambrose "dive through ropes with hands outstretched and gently push opponent into barricade"

All I could think of when I saw Baron Corbin's belly button was:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

All I could think of when I saw Baron Corbin's belly button was:

And that's all I'll ever think again...and I'm not even mad about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peck said:

Didn't realize they did this directly in front of where Linda McMahon was sitting.

So we're crapping on Bayley now? Is that the new "The New Age Outlaws were never over or any good?" Miss me with that shit. Some folks like being contrarian for contrarian's sake. Thought Bayley and Asuka tore it up, telling the story that Bayley's normal offense and mindset aren't enough to get it done. Thought Sami and Nak tore. it. down. Balor and Joe had a tough act to follow. 

6 hours ago, just drew said:

So we're crapping on Bayley now? Is that the new "The New Age Outlaws were never over or any good?" Miss me with that shit. Some folks like being contrarian for contrarian's sake. Thought Bayley and Asuka tore it up, telling the story that Bayley's normal offense and mindset aren't enough to get it done. Thought Sami and Nak tore. it. down. Balor and Joe had a tough act to follow. 

No, contrarian would be saying Nakamura/Zayn wasn't anything special. If you can watch Bayley and the other 4 Horsewomen hit complicated stuff that they aren't confident in performing at half speed and be happy, more power to you. They all have strengths and weaknesses and they're still developing. I can enjoy their matches and some of them are truly excellent (Brooklyn, Sasha/Becky, and to a much lesser extent the 4 way) but they have a tonne of room for improvement in terms of execution. Watching Bayley's offense sandwiched in-between Nakamura/Zayn and Joe/Balor just highlighted that.

• Like 3

On 4/2/2016 at 6:54 AM, ChesterCopperpot said:

It's gonna be fun to watch Pete's reaction to the show on Twitter. 

Ha. Had to miss the live viewing as my mom had appendicitis (she's fine, but what 74-year-old woman has appendicitis of all things??), but it was an absolutely fantastic show and completely blew Mania out of the water. We got the Joe of old, and that really needed to be a title switch...but that's the worst thing you can say about that. Re Sami/Nak, what can you say that hasn't already been mentioned? Best WWE match of the entire weekendby a country mile, easy MOTY candidate for them. This brand is rock solid and HHH can hold his head high based on how his kids are coming along...