DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXII

Dolfan in NYC

I imagine Shane McMahon is going to do something stupid in the Age In The Cage match.  Maybe they can explode the ring.  They could have The Undertaker's "soul" rise up into the JerryTron and out the top of the stadium.  What better time to test the limits of their Bray Wyatt hologram technology than the WrestleMania!  Of course destroying the ring and killing a guy should probably close the show but Triple H will never learn that people don't care about him so he'll still want to close out the biggest WrestleMania of all time.

It's so ridiculous that Shane McMahon and Triple H are featured in two of the top matches of the biggest show of the year.  Sheik Tugboat's a more credible main eventer.

The corporate golden child thing is a cop-out.  Chances are going forward, we'll always have some information as to who is about to be pushed.  Based on that, are we supposed to hate everyone Vince/HHH/Stephanie likes?  That's not to say WWE hasn't dropped the ball a few times regarding Reigns--they have.  But his being a supposed front-office favorite isn't a good reason to not like him.

The corporate golden child thing is a cop-out.  Chances are going forward, we'll always have some information as to who is about to be pushed.  Based on that, are we supposed to hate everyone Vince/HHH/Stephanie likes?  That's not to say WWE hasn't dropped the ball a few times regarding Reigns--they have.  But his being a supposed front-office favorite isn't a good reason to not like him.

I would say its not smarks disliking anyone who Vince/HHH/Stpehanie like as much as building the story around 'how they dont' like the person when in reality they do like him. Thou in truth thats not really there stance. Hunter offered Roman a free shot at the built during the tourny he just had to become there champion and he wouldnt.

I imagine Shane McMahon is going to do something stupid in the Age In The Cage match. Maybe they can explode the ring. They could have The Undertaker's "soul" rise up into the JerryTron and out the top of the stadium. What better time to test the limits of their Bray Wyatt hologram technology than the WrestleMania! Of course destroying the ring and killing a guy should probably close the show but Triple H will never learn that people don't care about him so he'll still want to close out the biggest WrestleMania of all time.

It's so ridiculous that Shane McMahon and Triple H are featured in two of the top matches of the biggest show of the year. Sheik Tugboat's a more credible main eventer.

Sheik Tugboat going after Hogan's $115 million sounds like fun right about now.

something about the Roman empire reigning supreme

They should give Roman an entourage of Dalton Castle boys dressed as WM9 Romans because the thought of Michael Cole saying, "Hallelujah, it's reigning men" is funny to me.

• Like 1

I would say its not smarks disliking anyone who Vince/HHH/Stpehanie like as much as building the story around 'how they dont' like the person when in reality they do like him. Thou in truth thats not really there stance. Hunter offered Roman a free shot at the built during the tourny he just had to become there champion and he wouldnt.

Exactly. Hunter said he liked Roman, even considered picking him over Seth, but ultimately didn't because he didn't think Roman would be willing to do whatever necessary to be on top.  Roman said no to the free shot for the belt because of his past history with HHH and wanting to win on his own terms.  So even that isn't enough for hardcore smarks to base their displeasure on.  The Authority has openly acknowledged Reigns is an appealing proposition for them.

The hatred is mostly meta.

The story is that the authority (wwe corporate) doesn't want Reigns as their guy.

WWE corporate does in fact want Reigns as their guy and the hardcore smarks take umbrage that the WWE has the nerve to tell such a false story when they, the hardcore smarks know what corporate wants and they refuse to get behind a corporate golden boy. Then you add in shit like Papa H of nXt which the hardcore smarks love. Combine with Roman not being perceived as a good promo because they have written him like ass. His in ring not being as strong as the indie darlings the smarks would rather be worked over and the misunderstanding of the house show audience vs the TV taping audience and you get the shit show that is Roman's 2016 mania season.

This says it better than I think anyone could. Wrestlemania moments are supposed to come off as organic (well in theory anyway) and now for the last year we've known that this is the story they want us to buy. Poor Roman is being held down by The Authority (when in reality corporate loves the guy because he has that million dollar smile kids and women love). They keep calling this the reality era, but its far from it. Roman overcoming the odds. It's such a weak story. We know he has everything stacked in his favor.

If anything, a guy like Ambrose has the way more compelling story in that regard. He has the machine against him for "not having the look".

Who does Reigns even work with post Mania if they keep him baby face? There's one true heel in the top 3 matches, and it's the guy Roman's working. If they match him up with Cena, Brock, or Dean it's just going to lead to more boos. I'm going with Roman vs Stroman at Summerslam in a modern day remake of Diesel vs Mable.

Who does Reigns even work with post Mania if they keep him baby face? There's one true heel in the top 3 matches, and it's the guy Roman's working. If they match him up with Cena, Brock, or Dean it's just going to lead to more boos. I'm going with Roman vs Stroman at Summerslam in a modern day remake of Diesel vs Mable.

I mean it would be amusing to see them try to make Ogre Jr. into a credible threat for the world title, but at Summerslam...yeah. Wow, that would be King Mable territory.

As sad as it is I think Jericho may be the best bet for a post Mania Roman title program. Of course that means he'll have to beat AJ at Mania which would cause quite an amusing shit storm.

Roman/Bray has been done to death, and it never gained much interest when it was far less stale than it would be in 2016. Owens and New Day would get cheered big time vs Roman.

I just don't see any heels on the roster that could get Roman cheered. Maybe Miz and Jericho, but neither guy would be any kind of threat. It would be awesome if Joe got the rocket push as a top heel, because he's bringing it in the ring and on the mic. I think he'd have a good program with Roman.

I think some of these people still feel "cheated" with what happened to Bryan and hating the new hand-picked guy is the cool thing.. plus, there's a generation that grew up booing Cena for similar reasons.

If Hunter does win, will there be outrage and "2003" and "burial" chatter?

Why is it so difficult to understand why people are against the Roman Reigns push? The top babyface on the card should be the most popular guy on the roster. He's not,it's not even close. Cena's more popular than him, Ambrose is more popular than him,same with Orton and Lesnar.

The people who hate Reigns,HATE him. And the people who do like him, don't seem to like him anymore than any other face.

Why is it so difficult to understand why people are against the Roman Reigns push?

Maybe because everyone can form their own opinion, and the real answer is hardly that simple regardless of what any of us think.

I do agree that's it's not as simple as we're putting it. A lot of people don't want to see Reigns on top, but I imagine there's not a lot of consensus on who should be.

IWC types want Ambrose,Styles ,or Owens. But then there are the fans who want a return of the Attitude Era. They'd probably be happy with Lesnar,but frankly I think they're ecstatic over who's on top now. There were a ton of people cheering HHH during Roadblock.

Pairing Roman and Brock is gonna make Roman look so so bad. Not only is Brock better at everything (this is a compliment to Brock more than a knock on Roman), but you know Roman's gonna be the guy that takes the beatings so Brock can make the heroic saves and the Wyatts can attempt to get heat when Brock isn't there. For a guy they want to be an ace, they sure do come up with a lot of ideas to make Roman look like a dope.

They'd be better off pairing Roman and Cena as an experimental Mega Powers/Two Man Power Trip hybrid.

Except that one lady ringside at Raw this past week losing her fucking mind when Roman was taking advantage of a worn down Triple H.

Girl in the front row? She wound up declaring it was her on Twitter, and seemed to have taken it all in stride by retweeting umpteen good and bad comments to and about her and her friend.

All of this IWC/Smarks/neckbeards crap misstates history so completely that I have to assume it's intentional.

Why was Roman over when he was in The Shield? Because he was made to look like a complete badass.

Why was Roman over in the 2014 Royal Rumble? Because he was made to look like a complete badass.

Why was Roman NOT over in the 2015 Royal Rumble? Because he spent most of the match laying in the corner and he needed the Rock to come save him. (That all the other, more popular guys were disposed of in lately nonchalant fashion admittedly didn't help.)

The formula ain't that fuckin' complex. Make Roman look like a badass and most of the crowd will get behind him. Make him look like an idiot, a sucker or a goofball, and they won't be behind him.

The problem is that WWE has spent more time doing the latter.

• Like 3